PDA

View Full Version : BBC: Surprisingly Spot-on With Cycling Advice!

Simon Bennett
January 5th 07, 01:13 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/fitness/active_cycle.shtml

!

Nick Kew
January 5th 07, 01:50 PM
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 01:13:56 -0000
"Simon Bennett" > wrote:

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/fitness/active_cycle.shtml

The URC position on martlehats is gaining ground:-)

--
not me guv

burt
January 5th 07, 05:27 PM
"Nick Kew" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 01:13:56 -0000
> "Simon Bennett" > wrote:
>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/fitness/active_cycle.shtml
>
> The URC position on martlehats is gaining ground:-)

Depends what you think the URC position is. The two links given on this
webpage are totally different, and the first, from a National Road Safety
organisation, is likely to impress the gullible. The second is from one
person, and no matter how well qualified we know he is to comment on these
matters, it's unlikely to impress the uninitiated.

The Brake site is nicely presented, in easy digestible chunks, and it has
quotes from a neurosurgeon. The John Franklin paper is long, dull, dry and
not intended for public consumption. If you're talking about balanced
reporting, this ain't it. But then, it is the BBC, the religious centre for
magic hat believers.

It has removed 209 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

David Hansen
January 5th 07, 05:44 PM
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:50:36 +0000 someone who may be Nick Kew
> wrote this:-

>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/fitness/active_cycle.shtml
>
>The URC position on martlehats is gaining ground:-)

Though the daft biddy that wrote the article has yet to accept that
she has been giving people false information on the subject for
years. She doesn't even provide a link to the definitive site on the
subject www.cyclehelmets.org

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

David Hansen
January 5th 07, 05:54 PM
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:27:26 GMT someone who may be "burt"
> wrote this:-

>If you're talking about balanced
>reporting, this ain't it. But then, it is the BBC, the religious centre for
>magic hat believers.

Indeed. Anyway, one link is to a web site, the other to an Acrobat
file. Far less people are likely to follow a link to an Acrobat
file.

The daft biddy who wrote the article has been pointed at
www.cyclehelmets.org.uk and so the fact that she has chosen not to
link there probably tells us a lot about her attitude.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

burt
January 6th 07, 09:50 AM
"David Hansen" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:50:36 +0000 someone who may be Nick Kew
> > wrote this:-
>
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/fitness/active_cycle.shtml
>>
>>The URC position on martlehats is gaining ground:-)
>
> Though the daft biddy that wrote the article has yet to accept that
> she has been giving people false information on the subject for
> years. She doesn't even provide a link to the definitive site on the
> subject www.cyclehelmets.org

the beeb have managed to allow comments on their websites after denying this
to the taxpayers for years. See
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/feedback_success.shtml

I've just written to them suggesting that they should replace the John
Franklin pdf with the cyclehelmets. I'm not holding my breath.

It has removed 210 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home