PDA

View Full Version : Re: Opinions solicited (non tech)

Chris
July 17th 03, 03:51 PM
"ajames54" > wrote in message

> So what do you think?
> I'm impressed and FWIW I doubt he is on any drug that the rest
> are not either on or able to be on...
>
> I think Mr. Roche is being a bit petty ..

I've never heard words like "doping" used regarding Hamilton's
efforts...only words like "heroic" and "amazing." As much attention as
cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he were
jacked up.

Screw Roche. Personally, I probably couldn't even finish a mountain stage
under the maximum time, or ride to the grocery store with a
freshly-compound-fractured collarbone. Let alone both at the same time.
He's incredible.

I remember OLN saying something about Hamilton couldn't even take aspirins
for the pain - the rules were that strict. I think if they checked for
aspirins, they'd be able to find everything else Roche suspects him of
taking.

Chris

Derk
July 17th 03, 04:31 PM
> As much attention as
> cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he
> were jacked up.
I read that his collar bone isn't broken, but a small crack was found in an
Xray.

Furthermore, he is being treated by a Danish guy who claims he can speed up
healing by directing energy flows in the body. Well.....he seems to have
succesfully treated a ballet danser in NY and has many followers in
Denmark.

Greets, Derk

Phil, Squid-in-Training
July 17th 03, 09:56 PM
> "But I think all he and his team are doing is giving the public a
> gun to shoot us with.

Jealousy, perhaps?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Chris
July 17th 03, 10:42 PM
"Derk" > wrote in message
> > As much attention as
> > cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he
> > were jacked up.
> I read that his collar bone isn't broken, but a small crack was found in
an
> Xray.

OLN reported it was a compound fracture - two full breaks. Anybody have
real info?

> Furthermore, he is being treated by a Danish guy who claims he can speed
up
> healing by directing energy flows in the body. Well.....he seems to have
> succesfully treated a ballet danser in NY and has many followers in
> Denmark.

Energy flow...like that Reki (sp?) massage. That stuff is ridiculous.

Chris

Werehatrack
July 17th 03, 10:58 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:14:08 -0400, ajames54 >
may have said:

>So what do you think?
>I'm impressed and FWIW I doubt he is on any drug that the rest
>are not either on or able to be on...
>
>I think Mr. Roche is being a bit petty ..

It's hard for me to have a strong opinion either way; I don't know the
circumstances well enough to be able to judge if there's stubborn
determination of utter foolhardiness driving Hamilton. My take: He's
probably doing no harm. Trashing him for trying is, in my opinion,
gratuitous and, as you say, petty.

--
My email address is antispammed;
pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.

dr. dave
July 17th 03, 11:13 PM
Chris wrote:
> "Derk" > wrote in message
>
>>>As much attention as
>>>cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he
>>>were jacked up.
>>
>>I read that his collar bone isn't broken, but a small crack was found in
>
> an
>
>>Xray.
>

> OLN reported it was a compound fracture - two full breaks. Anybody have
> real info?

We were always taught in first aide classes that a compound fracture is one where
the jagged end of the borken bone is sticking out through a hole in the skin. I do
not think that is what he has.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home