PDA

View Full Version : U Brakes ,MTB, What is the trick to installing pads????

Robert Box
July 18th 03, 01:35 PM
What is the trick to getting the pads positioned correctly on U
brakes? Centered on sidewall of rim and toed in properly. This is a
late 80's MTB .
Is there some little trick to working with these monsters?

I have worked on lots of bike brakes. V's , canti's, calipers, but
these are the absolute worst design for brakes I have run into. I hope
they operate well to make up for the hassle of maintenance.

Thanks

Lee
July 18th 03, 01:42 PM
"Robert Box" > wrote in message
om...
> What is the trick to getting the pads positioned correctly on U
> brakes? Centered on sidewall of rim and toed in properly. This is a
> late 80's MTB .
> Is there some little trick to working with these monsters?
>
> I have worked on lots of bike brakes. V's , canti's, calipers, but
> these are the absolute worst design for brakes I have run into. I hope
> they operate well to make up for the hassle of maintenance.

They're okay, but a bit problematic in mud. They tend to pick up a lot of
crud.

I've never had any problem setting up the brake pads on my U brake ('87
Wicked Fat Chance). Pretty straightforward.

Lee

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home