PDA

View Full Version : All Mtn seat?

Lowtech
January 22nd 07, 02:00 AM
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
a nice seat.

Bill Sornson
January 22nd 07, 02:15 AM
Lowtech wrote:
> Hello group:
> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
> WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
> pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
> new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have
> for a nice seat.

Get a new WTB Speed V. HTH!

Paladin
January 22nd 07, 03:08 AM
Lowtech wrote:
> Hello group:
> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
> WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
> pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
> new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
> a nice seat.

I like the men's seats by Terry. I have 2 diff ones, and love them
both. the Ti Race Liberator, and the Fly (I think?)

CDB

JD
January 22nd 07, 05:49 AM
Bill Sornson wrote:
> Lowtech wrote:
> > Hello group:
> > Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
> > WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
> > pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
> > new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have
> > for a nice seat.
>
> Get a new WTB Speed V. HTH!

Ditto.

JD

January 22nd 07, 10:34 AM
Lowtech wrote:
> Hello group:
> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
> WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
> pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
> new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
> a nice seat.Sorry but you really can't take anybodies word when it comes to seats. Reason butts are all different. You got to try a few and then buy. 6 years it is time for replacement. I do have a Bike Nashbar seat that is 10 years old and one that won't die.

GeeDubb
January 22nd 07, 03:20 PM
"Paladin" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Lowtech wrote:
>> Hello group:
>> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
>> WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
>> pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
>> new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
>> a nice seat.
>
> I like the men's seats by Terry. I have 2 diff ones, and love them
> both. the Ti Race Liberator, and the Fly (I think?)
>
> CDB

the ones with the hole in the middle? I always thought it made it easier to
pass gas with one of those........

Gary

Scott Gordo
January 22nd 07, 03:31 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> "Paladin" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Lowtech wrote:
> >> Hello group:
> >> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
> >> WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
> >> pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
> >> new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
> >> a nice seat.
> >
> > I like the men's seats by Terry. I have 2 diff ones, and love them
> > both. the Ti Race Liberator, and the Fly (I think?)
> >
> > CDB
> >

> the ones with the hole in the middle? I always thought it made it easier to
> pass gas with one of those........
>
> Gary

Yeah, but "Liberator" sounded better than "Fartaerator".

/s

MattB
January 22nd 07, 04:26 PM
JD wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>>Lowtech wrote:
>>
>>>Hello group:
>>> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
>>>WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
>>>pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
>>>new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have
>>>for a nice seat.
>>
>>Get a new WTB Speed V. HTH!
>

> Ditto.
>
> JD

That's what I did when I broke my old WTB. The new one is very nice!

Matt

Ride-A-Lot
January 22nd 07, 11:31 PM
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
> Not that I would know since I haven't
> ridden for fun in 6 months...

Why? And why are you no longer a squid? Did you get in trouble?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Phil, Non-Squid
January 22nd 07, 11:32 PM
Lowtech wrote:
> Hello group:
> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
> WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
> pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
> new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have
> for a nice seat.

Take a look at the WTB Pure V and the Power V, too... they have a bit more
anti-abrasion bits for AM riding. Not that I would know since I haven't
ridden for fun in 6 months...

--
Phil

Phil, Non-Squid
January 22nd 07, 11:40 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
>> Not that I would know since I haven't
>> ridden for fun in 6 months...
>>

> Why? And why are you no longer a squid? Did you get in trouble?

I decided that squid life (not the Navy type) was not for me. I took a
break from school to do an internship and when you can't find bike riders in
the urban jungle and when the money freely flows into the bank account, then
there's little impetus to continue riding. I'm done with the internship now
and back in school but I'm too busy with academics and leadership. Err, and
newsgroups. Oh, what to do?

--
Phil

G.T.
January 23rd 07, 12:14 AM
"Phil, Non-Squid" > wrote in message
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
>>> Not that I would know since I haven't
>>> ridden for fun in 6 months...
>>>

>> Why? And why are you no longer a squid? Did you get in trouble?
>
> I decided that squid life (not the Navy type) was not for me. I took a
> break from school to do an internship and when you can't find bike riders
> in the urban jungle and when the money freely flows into the bank account,
> then there's little impetus to continue riding. I'm done with the
> internship now and back in school but I'm too busy with academics and
> leadership. Err, and newsgroups. Oh, what to do?

I figured you were still riding but had received your Official Non-Squid
Certification.

Greg

D T W .../\\...
January 23rd 07, 01:04 AM
http://www.wtb.com/saddles.html

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

"Lowtech" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello group:
> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
> WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
> pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
> new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
> a nice seat.

BB
January 23rd 07, 06:11 PM
On 21 Jan 2007 18:00:52 -0800, Lowtech wrote:
> Hello group:
> Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1.

A saddle that doesn't fit well can be very uncomfortable, and often you
don't know until you've ridden it awhile (and can't return it). If you
liked your WTB Speed V, get another. I've been happy with my WTB saddle.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Google