> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks

those guys must be sterile.....

Micheal Artindale
January 29th 07, 07:58 PM
"cc" > wrote in message ...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks

They have more balls than most of us.

I can bearly do half the stuff on 2 wheels.

Micheal

steveyo
January 29th 07, 08:08 PM
"GeeDubb" > wrote in message
m...

> "cc" > wrote in message
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks
>
> those guys must be sterile.....

You land w/weight on pedals, not seat.

-
steveyo

G.T.
January 29th 07, 10:39 PM
On Jan 29, 9:46 am, cc > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks

Holy ****, I see a few roadie one wheelers around here and they're
bigger dweebs than the 'bent riders, it doesn't help that it looks
they're constantly playing with their junk when they're holding the
handle on their seats.

But, damn, who cares with that guy. That's some sick ****.

Greg

steveyo
January 30th 07, 03:37 AM
"G.T." wrote:
> On Jan 29, 9:46 am, cc > wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks
>
> Holy ****, I see a few roadie one wheelers around here and they're
> bigger dweebs than the 'bent riders, it doesn't help that it looks
> they're constantly playing with their junk when they're holding the
> handle on their seats.

Why are they dweebs?

Do you wear bikes shorts? Do you think bike shorts don't look dweebish?

For the record, I used to be a pretty hardcore road and MTBer. Then I tried
and gradually learned how to ride one wheel. Now I ride road and mountain
unicycles. Today I rode a 6 mile snowy trail ride in 15 degree weather with
my dog Ruthie.

I've even entered some bike races on a unicycle. My uni race writeups:
http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/

> But, damn, who cares with that guy. That's some sick ****.

That's Kris Holm, one of the best. He owns a company that makes the best
stock unis out there. www.krisholm.com There's some more pics and flicks
of his riding at his site, as well as his product line.

All I can say is try it, it's REALLY fun and an incredible workout.
Combines a weightless feeling with a spinning class (no coasting, remember)
and a core workout that would blow you away if it wasn't so damn fun.
--
steveyo

G.T.
January 30th 07, 03:51 AM
On Jan 29, 7:37 pm, "steveyo" > wrote:
> "G.T." wrote:
> > On Jan 29, 9:46 am, cc > wrote:
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks
>
> > Holy ****, I see a few roadie one wheelers around here and they're
> > bigger dweebs than the 'bent riders, it doesn't help that it looks
> > they're constantly playing with their junk when they're holding the
> > handle on their seats.Why are they dweebs?
>
> Do you wear bikes shorts? Do you think bike shorts don't look dweebish?
>
> For the record, I used to be a pretty hardcore road and MTBer. Then I tried
> and gradually learned how to ride one wheel. Now I ride road and mountain
> unicycles. Today I rode a 6 mile snowy trail ride in 15 degree weather with
> my dog Ruthie.

That's cool, I haven't seen anyone riding off-road around here, the
ones I do see here are wearing knickers, they have those little
rearview mirrors attached to the their helmets, and they generally
look geekier than the nerds riding their dorky 'bents up and down the
2 mile long Chandler bike path.

If I ran into Kris Holm on a trail around here I'd probably bow down
and worship at the alter of the One Wheeled God.

Greg

Slack
January 30th 07, 03:54 AM
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:37:52 -0800, steveyo
> wrote:

> "G.T." wrote:
>> On Jan 29, 9:46 am, cc > wrote:
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks
>>
>> Holy ****, I see a few roadie one wheelers around here and they're
>> bigger dweebs than the 'bent riders, it doesn't help that it looks
>> they're constantly playing with their junk when they're holding the
>> handle on their seats.
>
> Why are they dweebs?
>
> Do you wear bikes shorts? Do you think bike shorts don't look dweebish?
>
> For the record, I used to be a pretty hardcore road and MTBer. Then I
> tried
> and gradually learned how to ride one wheel. Now I ride road and
> mountain
> unicycles. Today I rode a 6 mile snowy trail ride in 15 degree weather
> with
> my dog Ruthie.
>
> I've even entered some bike races on a unicycle. My uni race writeups:
> http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/
>

>> But, damn, who cares with that guy. That's some sick ****.
>
> That's Kris Holm, one of the best. He owns a company that makes the best
> stock unis out there. www.krisholm.com There's some more pics and
> flicks
> of his riding at his site, as well as his product line.
>
> All I can say is try it, it's REALLY fun and an incredible workout.
> Combines a weightless feeling with a spinning class (no coasting,
> remember)
> and a core workout that would blow you away if it wasn't so damn fun.
> --
> steveyo

Do you have children?
--
Slack

steveyo
January 30th 07, 04:18 AM
"G.T." wrote:
> steveyo wrote:
> > "G.T." wrote:
> > > Holy ****, I see a few roadie one wheelers around here and they're
> > > bigger dweebs than the 'bent riders, it doesn't help that it looks
> > > they're constantly playing with their junk when they're holding the
> > > handle on their seats.
> >
> > Do you wear bikes shorts? Do you think bike shorts don't look dweebish?
> >
> > For the record, I used to be a pretty hardcore road and MTBer. Then I
tried
> > and gradually learned how to ride one wheel. Now I ride road and
mountain
> > unicycles. Today I rode a 6 mile snowy trail ride in 15 degree weather
with
> > my dog Ruthie.
>
> That's cool, I haven't seen anyone riding off-road around here, the
> ones I do see here are wearing knickers, they have those little
> rearview mirrors attached to the their helmets, and they generally
> look geekier than the nerds riding their dorky 'bents up and down the
> 2 mile long Chandler bike path.

Glad you're open-minded about mountain unis (munis). I've only ever heard
positive comments from bikers when I'm riding, be it road or trail.

Give those geeks a break. I don't know about 'bents, but the uni-riders
have skilz. 8-]

BTW - they need those little mirrors! Remember, you steer with your core
muscles so it's almost impossible to turn around to see what's behind you on
a unicycle.

steveyo
January 30th 07, 04:28 AM
"Slack" wrote:

> > For the record, I used to be a pretty hardcore road and MTBer.
> > ...Now I ride road and mountain unicycles.
> > Today I rode a 6 mile snowy trail ride in 15 degree weather
> > with my dog Ruthie....
> > All I can say is try it, it's REALLY fun and an incredible workout.
>
>Do you have children?

What a thoughtful question. Yes, two.

Compare a comfy, soft uni seat where I sit straight up, to a long-nosed bike
seat on which you actually lean forward. In both cases, with a big drop, we
put our weight on the pedals, not the seat right? Or do you not ride drops
on your bike?

Do you have children?
--
steveyo

Slack
January 30th 07, 05:00 AM
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:28:00 -0800, steveyo
> wrote:

> "Slack" wrote:
>>
>> > For the record, I used to be a pretty hardcore road and MTBer.
>> > ...Now I ride road and mountain unicycles.
>> > Today I rode a 6 mile snowy trail ride in 15 degree weather
>> > with my dog Ruthie....
>> > All I can say is try it, it's REALLY fun and an incredible workout.
>>
>> Do you have children?
>
> What a thoughtful question. Yes, two.

I thought it was.

> Compare a comfy, soft uni seat where I sit straight up, to a long-nosed
> bike
> seat on which you actually lean forward. In both cases, with a big
> drop, we
> put our weight on the pedals, not the seat right? Or do you not ride
> drops
> on your bike?

Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.

> Do you have children?
> --
> steveyo

No, never... I don't have the balls.
--
Slack

steveyo
January 30th 07, 02:27 PM
"Slack" wrote:
> > wrote:
>
> > ...do you not ride drops on your bike?
>
> Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
> curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.

Heh, heh.

> > Do you have children?
>
> No, never... I don't have the balls.

That's why I don't juggle on my unicycle - I don't have the balls.

--
steveyo

MattB
January 30th 07, 04:24 PM
steveyo wrote:
> "Slack" wrote:
>
> wrote:
>>

>>>...do you not ride drops on your bike?
>>
>>Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
>>curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.
>>

> Heh, heh.
>

>>>Do you have children?
>>
>>No, never... I don't have the balls.
>

> That's why I don't juggle on my unicycle - I don't have the balls.
>
> --
> steveyo

There's always machetes...

Matt

Slack
January 31st 07, 06:00 AM
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:27:01 -0800, steveyo
> wrote:

> "Slack" wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > ...do you not ride drops on your bike?
>>
>> Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
>> curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.
>>
> Heh, heh.
>
>> > Do you have children?
>>
>> No, never... I don't have the balls.
>
> That's why I don't juggle on my unicycle - I don't have the balls.
>
> --
> steveyo

And speaking of juggling. Homeboy is pretty funny
http://jasongarfield.com/video/promo.html
--
Slack

Carla A-G
February 1st 07, 01:23 AM
On Jan 29, 12:46 pm, cc > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks

I have met Kris Holm on several occasions, he is definitely one of the
coolest guys in the bike biz, the godfather of mountain uni.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

steveyo
February 1st 07, 06:03 PM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> I have met Kris Holm on several occasions, he is definitely one of the
> coolest guys in the bike biz, the godfather of mountain uni.

Preach it, Carla!

Craig Brossman
February 5th 07, 02:45 PM
cc wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks

I started my Muni experience this past weekend. Well, I started riding
off the bike path and onto the grass, and for a unicyclist whose been
riding 5 weeks now, that is enough.

Unicycling is so much fun it should be illegal. It will not replace long
mountain bike rides in SW Colorado, but I imagine I will continue to
ride it through the summer. Look for me on the practice loop in Moab in
fall ... on one wheel.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

steveyo
February 5th 07, 07:45 PM
"Craig Brossman" wrote:

> I started my Muni experience this past weekend. Well, I started riding
> off the bike path and onto the grass, and for a unicyclist whose been
> riding 5 weeks now, that is enough.
>
> Unicycling is so much fun it should be illegal. It will not replace long
> mountain bike rides in SW Colorado, but I imagine I will continue to
> ride it through the summer.

Great job, Craig. You're hooked, I can tell! The weightless feeling of
riding a uni is intense and addictive. Check out www.unicyclist.com for all
the advice and discussion on the subject you could possibly need.

--
steveyo

Craig Brossman
February 6th 07, 12:02 AM
steveyo wrote:
> "Craig Brossman" wrote:
>> I started my Muni experience this past weekend. Well, I started riding
>> off the bike path and onto the grass, and for a unicyclist whose been
>> riding 5 weeks now, that is enough.
>>
>> Unicycling is so much fun it should be illegal. It will not replace long
>> mountain bike rides in SW Colorado, but I imagine I will continue to
>> ride it through the summer.
>
> Great job, Craig. You're hooked, I can tell! The weightless feeling of
> riding a uni is intense and addictive. Check out www.unicyclist.com for all
> the advice and discussion on the subject you could possibly need.
>
> --
> steveyo

I am hooked, thanks Steve.
I read that forum all the time, but have not had anything worthwhile to add.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

Google