PDA

View Full Version : Question regading shoe fit

Steve + Laura
July 22nd 03, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone,
I just bought my first clipless shoes, and am wondering about fit. How
snug should your bike shoes be? Is it an advantage to have stiff shoes?
Just looking for any constructive info.

Thanks,

Steve.

Ken
July 22nd 03, 10:20 PM
Steve + Laura > wrote in news:3F1DA9E0.3050908
@yahoo.com:
> I just bought my first clipless shoes, and am wondering about fit. How
> snug should your bike shoes be? Is it an advantage to have stiff shoes?
> Just looking for any constructive info.

Stiffer is more efficient. Also, real flexy shoes can be very uncomfortable
with the edges of your pedal pinching your feet.

Cycling shoes should be tighter than walking shoes. The front of the shoe
should almost touch your biggest toe. The sides shouldn't be too snug,
though. Remember that you feet will swell somewhat on long rides and also
that you tend to pull your feet backwards (rather than slide forwards like in
walking shoes).

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home