PDA

View Full Version : Hope hub maintenance

Michael
July 23rd 03, 10:42 PM
I just got some Hope XC Disk hubs. They're all cartridge-bearing, but
I can't figure out how I'd get the hub apart when and if I need to
replace the cartridges.

The exploded diagram on Hope's website shows spacers on the outside.
They don't seem to be threaded, so they must just pull off, but how
would you pull them off?

Michael

Doug Milliken
July 26th 03, 03:13 AM
If the new Hope stuff is like my older stuff...then you just pull
hard to get the end-spacers off. The ones I have here have an internal
O-ring that "grips" the axle, can be a tight fit. I wrap the aluminum
with a rag and them use pliers to pull.

Some really early Hope stuff may have a small Allen set screw that holds
these on the axle, so look closely for that first.

On 23 Jul 2003, Michael wrote:

> I just got some Hope XC Disk hubs. They're all cartridge-bearing, but
> I can't figure out how I'd get the hub apart when and if I need to
> replace the cartridges.
>
> The exploded diagram on Hope's website shows spacers on the outside.
> They don't seem to be threaded, so they must just pull off, but how
> would you pull them off?
>
> Michael

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home