PDA

View Full Version : Think i found a new way to get off crank arms...

TJ Poseno
July 24th 03, 11:24 PM
I was trying to get my crank arms off today, and they didnt seem to
agree with coming off. So what i did is loosen both of the bolts hold
on the crank arms, then went off and rode the bike in the driveway to
get them loosened, I also put the pedals parallel with the ground and
kinda of stood on them and stomped, trying to put the pressure in the
opposite direction it usually is. I got the left one off in no time
and the right came a little later. It seemed to work great for me,
since i have no crank puller.

Also I usually but Park tools, but i got a recent biek catolog andthe
have spin doctor tools for really cheap. Are they good quality? For
the price?

crank puller for $8, 13 - 19mm cone wrenches 16.99

Scott C
July 25th 03, 05:14 AM
Buy the tool kit and you will have a crank puller.. and it works great.

sc

"TJ Poseno" > wrote in message
om...
> I was trying to get my crank arms off today, and they didnt seem to
> agree with coming off. So what i did is loosen both of the bolts hold
> on the crank arms, then went off and rode the bike in the driveway to
> get them loosened, I also put the pedals parallel with the ground and
> kinda of stood on them and stomped, trying to put the pressure in the
> opposite direction it usually is. I got the left one off in no time
> and the right came a little later. It seemed to work great for me,
> since i have no crank puller.
>
> Also I usually but Park tools, but i got a recent biek catolog andthe
> have spin doctor tools for really cheap. Are they good quality? For
> the price?
>
> crank puller for $8, 13 - 19mm cone wrenches 16.99

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 25th 03, 01:46 PM
summit-<< So what i did is loosen both of the bolts hold
on the crank arms, then went off and rode the bike in the driveway to
get them loosened, I also put the pedals parallel with the ground and
kinda of stood on them and stomped, trying to put the pressure in the
opposite direction it usually is. I got the left one off in no time
and the right came a little later. It seemed to work great for me,
since i have no crank puller. >><BR><BR>

Yep, do that a few times and say goodbye to your crank arms.....

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302