PDA

View Full Version : lance's fin helmet

panda
July 28th 03, 12:10 PM
why does lance amstrongs TT helmet look different to all the others, having
a big fin-like end on it?

panda

Jay Hill
July 28th 03, 12:59 PM
panda wrote:
> why does lance amstrongs TT helmet look different to all the others,

There are others like his

> having
> a big fin-like end on it?

Because wind tunnel tests showed that that shape works best for him
because of the way his body is postioned while riding. Frankie Andreu
on OLN said Lance had licensed his particular hemet shape.

Bill Graham
July 28th 03, 01:07 PM
David Millar's looked like Armstrong's I noticed on the final time trial.

> panda wrote:
>> why does lance amstrongs TT helmet look different to all the others,
>
> There are others like his
>
>> having
>> a big fin-like end on it?
>
> Because wind tunnel tests showed that that shape works best for him
> because of the way his body is postioned while riding. Frankie Andreu
> on OLN said Lance had licensed his particular hemet shape.

Drew Cutter
July 28th 03, 01:20 PM
Lance ,Had his helmet custom made for him . Lance paid out of his own
pocket to have it wind tested.

Francesco Devittori
July 28th 03, 10:21 PM
"KBH" > wrote in message
> It actually was one of Lance's - he gave it to him.

nope. Check out Giro website, Lance and Millar are officially, individually
sponsored by Giro. This could give him some facilitations.
Just my 2 cents...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home