PDA

View Full Version : Friends

JD
February 17th 07, 02:00 AM
I detest the ragazines, even the oft-revered Dirt Rag. So my bro gets
me a subscription to the Rag for a Christmas present. I'm sitting
here, flipping through the first one to arrive and laughing at all of
the stupid BS in its pages. Of course there a few things of
substance, way more than the other lameo rags. I get near the back of
this thing and in the Rider's Eye section, see a familiar sight. It's
a full page photo of Angry Man and Gordon The Wonder Dog at the
waterfall on the Edge Loop, taken by Mrs Angry. One of the few things
of substance in a World gone mad with ads and propaganda aimed at the
feeble.

JD

KLydesdale
February 17th 07, 03:37 AM
"JD" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I detest the ragazines, even the oft-revered Dirt Rag. So my bro gets
> me a subscription to the Rag for a Christmas present. I'm sitting
> here, flipping through the first one to arrive and laughing at all of
> the stupid BS in its pages. Of course there a few things of
> substance, way more than the other lameo rags. I get near the back of
> this thing and in the Rider's Eye section, see a familiar sight. It's
> a full page photo of Angry Man and Gordon The Wonder Dog at the
> waterfall on the Edge Loop, taken by Mrs Angry. One of the few things
> of substance in a World gone mad with ads and propaganda aimed at the
> feeble.
>
> JD

I was wondering if you knew that guy and dog. Dirt Rag often aggravates me
because for something professing to be "The Mountain Bike Forum", they sure
delve into the roadie/messenger/urban bike wierdo side of things quite a
bit. But they do redeem themselves sometimes.

One of the reasons that photo caught my eye is because a friend and I are
planning a trip out to GJ/Fruita some time in late April/Early May. What
trails would you recommend for some flat-landers like us to have fun on
without killing ourselves? Recommendations for lodging, food, and bike
rentals would be appreciated too.

Keith.

JD
February 17th 07, 07:27 AM
On Feb 16, 7:37 pm, "KLydesdale" > wrote:
> "JD" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I detest the ragazines, even the oft-revered Dirt Rag. So my bro gets
> > me a subscription to the Rag for a Christmas present. I'm sitting
> > here, flipping through the first one to arrive and laughing at all of
> > the stupid BS in its pages. Of course there a few things of
> > substance, way more than the other lameo rags. I get near the back of
> > this thing and in the Rider's Eye section, see a familiar sight. It's
> > a full page photo of Angry Man and Gordon The Wonder Dog at the
> > waterfall on the Edge Loop, taken by Mrs Angry. One of the few things
> > of substance in a World gone mad with ads and propaganda aimed at the
> > feeble.
>
> > JD
>
> I was wondering if you knew that guy and dog. Dirt Rag often aggravates me
> because for something professing to be "The Mountain Bike Forum", they sure
> delve into the roadie/messenger/urban bike wierdo side of things quite a
> bit. But they do redeem themselves sometimes.
>
> One of the reasons that photo caught my eye is because a friend and I are
> planning a trip out to GJ/Fruita some time in late April/Early May. What
> trails would you recommend for some flat-landers like us to have fun on
> without killing ourselves? Recommendations for lodging, food, and bike
> rentals would be appreciated too.
>
> Keith.

Keith, you know I'll drop you the goods. In fact, I may be in the AO
around that time.

That photo is kind of old because Angry broke that frame about four
years ago. I'm racking my brain to remember if I was there when that
particular photo was taken. We used to do a lot of out & back rides
to the waterfall, especially when it was crowded at the closer in
trails on the weekends. Either way, it brought back a lot of great
memories of good times with the best of friends.

JD

Paladin
February 19th 07, 03:00 AM
On Feb 16, 7:00 pm, "JD" > wrote:
> I detest the ragazines, even the oft-revered Dirt Rag. So my bro gets
> me a subscription to the Rag for a Christmas present. I'm sitting
> here, flipping through the first one to arrive and laughing at all of
> the stupid BS in its pages. Of course there a few things of
> substance, way more than the other lameo rags. I get near the back of
> this thing and in the Rider's Eye section, see a familiar sight. It's
> a full page photo of Angry Man and Gordon The Wonder Dog at the
> waterfall on the Edge Loop, taken by Mrs Angry. One of the few things
> of substance in a World gone mad with ads and propaganda aimed at the
> feeble.
>
> JD

That's always fun. Small world. I met a guy up in the mtns the other
day from GJ, who worked with your former "customers or clients", shall
we say. He thought he might have run across you, & he remembers
fondly the Book Cliffs, Kokoepelli, etc.

CDB

Scott Gordo
February 20th 07, 05:21 PM
On Feb 16, 10:37 pm, "KLydesdale" > wrote:
> "JD" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I detest the ragazines, even the oft-revered Dirt Rag. So my bro gets
> > me a subscription to the Rag for a Christmas present. I'm sitting
> > here, flipping through the first one to arrive and laughing at all of
> > the stupid BS in its pages. Of course there a few things of
> > substance, way more than the other lameo rags. I get near the back of
> > this thing and in the Rider's Eye section, see a familiar sight. It's
> > a full page photo of Angry Man and Gordon The Wonder Dog at the
> > waterfall on the Edge Loop, taken by Mrs Angry. One of the few things
> > of substance in a World gone mad with ads and propaganda aimed at the
> > feeble.
>
> > JD
>
> I was wondering if you knew that guy and dog. Dirt Rag often aggravates me
> because for something professing to be "The Mountain Bike Forum", they sure
> delve into the roadie/messenger/urban bike wierdo side of things quite a
> bit. But they do redeem themselves sometimes.

Sacre bleu! Thank goodness you couldn't say the same thing about
alt.mountain-bike.

/s

> One of the reasons that photo caught my eye is because a friend and I are
> planning a trip out to GJ/Fruita some time in late April/Early May. What
> trails would you recommend for some flat-landers like us to have fun on
> without killing ourselves? Recommendations for lodging, food, and bike
> rentals would be appreciated too.
>
> Keith.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home