PDA

View Full Version : Where in the US would you retire to ride?

D T W .../\\...
February 17th 07, 08:50 PM
I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate. Any
suggestions?

Thanks.
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Marty
February 17th 07, 08:59 PM
"D T W .../\..." > wrote in message
> I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
> I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
> although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I took a trip to Sedona a while back. That area sticks in my mind as a place
to consider. And I am............

Marty

(PeteCresswell)
February 17th 07, 09:50 PM
Per D T W .../\...:
>I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
>I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
>although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate. Any
>suggestions?

I'd look for a place where, if I became unable to ride, it wouldn't be the end
of my little world.

Also for me, at least, access to the ocean would be a "must".
--
PeteCresswell

tom
February 18th 07, 03:07 AM
On Feb 17, 12:59 pm, "Marty" > wrote:
> "D T W .../\..." > wrote in messagenews:IUJBh.1108$SR.327@trndny06...
>
> > I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
> > I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
> > although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > DTW .../\.../\.../\...
>
> I took a trip to Sedona a while back. That area sticks in my mind as a place
> to consider. And I am............
>
> Marty

Bring water, we're running out. Tom

D T W .../\\...
February 18th 07, 04:24 AM

>> I took a trip to Sedona a while back. That area sticks in my mind as a
>> place
>> to consider. And I am............
>>
>> Marty
>
> Bring water, we're running out. Tom

Are you joking or is there a water problem there? DTW

JD
February 18th 07, 05:51 AM
On Feb 17, 12:50 pm, "D T W .../\\..." > wrote:
> I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
> I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
> although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Anywhere but Fruita, Colorado.

JD

tom
February 18th 07, 02:57 PM
On Feb 17, 8:24 pm, "D T W .../\\..." > wrote:
> >> I took a trip to Sedona a while back. That area sticks in my mind as a
> >> place
> >> to consider. And I am............
>
> >> Marty
>
> > Bring water, we're running out. Tom
>
> Are you joking or is there a water problem there? DTW

I'm serious as a heart attack. We may have to try renegotiating with
the Indians for more CAP water. Tom

Crazy Fred
February 19th 07, 09:30 AM
On Feb 17, 3:50 pm, "D T W .../\\..." > wrote:
> I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
> I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
> although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Phoenix area and you won't have to spring a head or fall back ever. No
time change. And much more.

GeeDubb
February 19th 07, 04:35 PM
"Crazy Fred" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 17, 3:50 pm, "D T W .../\\..." > wrote:
>> I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
>> I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
>> although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate.
>> Any
>> suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> DTW .../\.../\.../\...
>
> Phoenix area and you won't have to spring a head or fall back ever. No
> time change. And much more.
Like
more traffic
less water
more hikers that insist they "own" the trails but never seem to appear for
trail maintenance
high cost of living
and some call it a "dry heat"
Gary

bruno
February 20th 07, 07:25 PM
On Feb 19, 11:35 am, "GeeDubb" > wrote:
> "Crazy Fred" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...> On Feb 17, 3:50 pm, "D T W .../\\..." > wrote:
> >> I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
> >> I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
> >> although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate.
> >> Any
> >> suggestions?
>
> >> Thanks.
> >> --

i'll go anywhere that tool JD is so i could show that li'l bitch how
to ride. jus' sayin'. . .
hardeeharhar!!!!!!

Ride-A-Lot
February 20th 07, 07:47 PM
D T W .../\... wrote:
> I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
> I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
> although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about a warmer climate. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks.

I'm already there.

As JD (John Denver) said...

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH COLORADO!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot
February 20th 07, 07:51 PM
bruno wrote:
> i'll go anywhere that tool JD is so i could show that li'l bitch how
> to ride. jus' sayin'. . .
> hardeeharhar!!!!!!

What the hell did he do to you? He's actually stayed away from your
street talking lameness for the most part. You should be thanking him
for not making you look more pathetic than you already are.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

bruno
February 20th 07, 08:13 PM
On Feb 20, 2:51 pm, Ride-A-Lot > wrote:
> bruno wrote:
> > i'll go anywhere that tool JD is so i could show that li'l bitch how
> > to ride. jus' sayin'. . .
> > hardeeharhar!!!!!!
>
> What the hell did he do to you? He's actually stayed away from your
> street talking lameness for the most part. You should be thanking him
> for not making you look more pathetic than you already are.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

i's just ****in' 'round brah! but anytime you ladies wanna clinic, ol'
bruno'll school ya. jus' sayin'. . .