PDA

View Full Version : 20" wheel on a 24" frame

unirox13
February 24th 07, 03:59 PM
i've seen in a couple of trials and street vid's where a rider uses a
20" wheel on a 24" frame. i don't quite understand this as it just
seems to me as it would add weight with the bigger frame. does anybdy
have a clue as to why people do this?

--
unirox13

It Takes Twice The man To Ride Half The Bike!
unirox13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13812

Probailer2
February 24th 07, 04:04 PM
unirox13 wrote:
> i've seen in a couple of trials and street vid's where a rider uses a
> 20" wheel on a 24" frame. i don't quite understand this as it just
> seems to me as it would add weight with the bigger frame. does anybdy
> have a clue as to why people do this?

Because there 20" frame broke down....

PM

--
Probailer2

dudewithasock wrote:
> Bush is probably just trying to get free Playboy.
Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

c9ollie
February 24th 07, 08:32 PM
unirox13 wrote:
> i've seen in a couple of trials and street vid's where a rider uses a
> 20" wheel on a 24" frame. i don't quite understand this as it just
> seems to me as it would add weight with the bigger frame. does anybdy
> have a clue as to why people do this?

or cause they have a muni frame and wheel set and just bought a trials
wheelset so they could do both with out buying a hole other uni.

its like what 4 bolts and 2 mins to change wheelsets. so why not

--
c9ollie
c9ollie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13989

skrobo
February 24th 07, 09:23 PM
c9ollie wrote:
> or cause they have a muni frame and wheel set and just bought a trials
> wheelset so they could do both with out buying a hole other uni.
>
> its like what 4 bolts and 2 mins to change wheelsets. so why not

because its big and annoying and in the freaking way.
and it makes freestyle tricks infinitely harder.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

gordito8me
February 24th 07, 09:49 PM
skrobo wrote:
> because its big and annoying and in the freaking way.
> and it makes freestyle tricks infinitely harder.

not everyone has an extra 50-200 bucks to blow for a trials frame. Some
people save up for this crazy thing that you might not know about
called college.

--
gordito8me

29er or 36er? can't decide
either way I have like 54 bucks so nothing too great.
radial 360 or nimbus 29er????
helllpppp!!!!
helllpppp!!!!
gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641

craigcbr
February 24th 07, 09:54 PM
yes like me i love unicycling but my uni aint that good because i cant
afford a good one like a KH.every last penny of my money goes on petrol
for my juice drinkin cbr600.and collage stuff i think its a good idea
and i supose you would just get used top the bigger frame over time .

--
craigcbr
craigcbr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14323

skrobo
February 24th 07, 10:34 PM
gordito8me wrote:
> not everyone has an extra 50-200 bucks to blow for a trials frame. Some
> people save up for this crazy thing that you might not know about
> called college.

ohh
lol
I know all about that
but thats what scholarships are for.
and besides, unicycling is more important anyways(lol)

but its stupid to do that, why not just get a 24" cheapo rounded crown
frame, noone has ever broken one of them (that I know of).

EDIT:and just get an average square top frame.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

sp4rky-m4rky
February 24th 07, 10:37 PM
just keep an eye out on ebay, not many gd unis come up but when/if they
do they go cheap

--
sp4rky-m4rky
sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270