PDA

View Full Version : Rider weight and a KH24

rustycogs
February 24th 07, 04:20 PM
I am considering getting a unicycle. I used to ride one about 30 years
ago but switched to two wheels for some unknown reason. Anyways I am
looking at the KH24 my concern is that I tip the scales at 214lbs. Will
it hold my fat arse? I don't plan on doing anything fancy just mostly
hard pack riding. Whatcha' think? Should I be looking at the Surly 24?

Rusty

--
rustycogs
rustycogs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14420

juggle508
February 24th 07, 04:23 PM
I don't think it matters how much you weigh. The KH24 will hold up to
alot (!) of stuff.

KH.

P.S. Welcome to the forums.

--
juggle508

trey varial hickflip over an 8 set ummm... You really have to try
harder, i've done that down an 11 set. Sorry.
-Shaun Johanneson

-----Joshua 1:9------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

uni.rider.13
February 24th 07, 04:25 PM
Yeah the Kh24 will hold all your fat just fine. Especially if all you
will be doing is hard pack riding.

--
uni.rider.13

Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
nuts.:confused:

My 'Gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/y3k57x)

Hey!!! Go and see my new website. 'unicycleaustin.741.com'
(http://unicycleaustin.741.com/index.html)
uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011

pdc
February 24th 07, 04:48 PM
No problem. I'm 205 lbs and ride moderately aggressive muni. I've done
plent of drops mostly 1 ft and under. But a number of 2 - 3 ft drops
with no problems.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Phuni
February 24th 07, 04:53 PM
Get the KH 24. I'm about 210 lbs. and I do just fine with it. It's
built to take a lot more abuse than that. Besides that, the color is
very cool! ;)

Phil
Indianapolis

--
Phuni
Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

headstone
February 24th 07, 04:54 PM
Yeah and people do things much more demanding than that.

This things are tough.

--
headstone
headstone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13637

kington99
February 24th 07, 05:23 PM
I'm 220 lbs and I've been abusing my KH24 '05 for about a year, no
issues with it atall.

--
kington99

Dave

rustycogs
February 24th 07, 05:24 PM
Sold!

I will be placing the order on Monday!

Would 20 miles or so be possilbe on this thing? Provided I have the
engine:D

--
rustycogs
rustycogs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14420

kington99
February 24th 07, 05:29 PM
rustycogs wrote:
> Sold!
>
> I will be placing the order on Monday!
>
> Would 20 miles or so be possilbe on this thing? Provided I have the
> engine:D

Hmm, yes you could do it in a day, especially if you get the 150s as
standard. You could probably hold 6 to 7 mph if you were fairly fit and
you blew the tyre right up, so 3 hours riding time plus some breaks
would see it done. I understand some guys in the UK do 40 mile Muni
rides in a day on 24" and 26" rides.

--
kington99

Dave

musketman
February 24th 07, 05:30 PM
yeah, 20 miles is no problem on the KH24". If you can go it, it'll do
it. Ive rode farther than that on my 24", so it'll work out fine. The
only thing to worry about is getting a sore arse.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Daytripper63
February 24th 07, 10:29 PM
If you are not planning on any hardcore Muni riding BIG drops ETC. I
would go with the KH29 it makes the trails fast and fun and you can
still do muni riding just not any big drops, on most trails I am
starting to prefer my KH29 over my KH24
And as for the weight I was at 240 2 years ago and now down to 190
thanks to getting back into the Uni/Muni again.
Your more than welcome to try mine if your in the Northern Calif. area
Good luck

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

rustycogs
February 24th 07, 11:31 PM
Daytripper63 wrote:
> If you are not planning on any hardcore Muni riding BIG drops ETC. I
> would go with the KH29 it makes the trails fast and fun and you can
> still do muni riding just not any big drops, on most trails I am
> starting to prefer my KH29 over my KH24
> And as for the weight I was at 240 2 years ago and now down to 190
> thanks to getting back into the Uni/Muni again.
> Your more than welcome to try mine if your in the Northern Calif. area
> Good luck

I thought about the 29but its been awhile since I have been on a uni,
about 30 years. I don't mind adding to my stable of toys and getting
the 29 when my abilities permit. Thanks for the info it's good to know.

--
rustycogs
rustycogs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14420

Google