PDA

View Full Version : Brake for a KH 24

timbob1907
February 24th 07, 06:51 PM
Will this brake fit on a KH 24?
'Webcyclery' (http://tinyurl.com/yootqw)
Is there any thing that i could do to make it fit or things that i need
to buy.
Help Please:(
I really need to know what would work and dont really want to spend
$200

--
timbob1907

fluxusmaximus wrote:
> It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
> object.

(\_/)
O 0
(><)This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

timbob1907
February 24th 07, 06:56 PM
also do you use the same hand thats holding the handle for pressing the
brake?

--
timbob1907

fluxusmaximus wrote:
> It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
> object.

(\_/)
O 0
(><)This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

Spencer Hochberg
February 24th 07, 06:56 PM
You need the other kind of brake mounts. I think the evolution mounts
are for putting maguras on v brake mounts. I know Darren has the other
kind, I will look on webcyclery to see if they do too. The kind you
need look similar to uni bearing holders.

Yeah, I have never seen anyone hold the handle and brake lever with
different hands. You usually have your hand on the handles and a few
fingers on the brake lever.

Edit, you need 'these' (http://tinyurl.com/yvras7) mounts.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

Im messing with it again!!!
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

timbob1907
February 24th 07, 07:03 PM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> You need the other kind of brake mounts. I think the evolution mounts
> are for putting maguras on v brake mounts. I know Darren has the other
> kind, I will look on webcyclery to see if they do too. The kind you
> need look similar to uni bearing holders.
>
> Yeah, I have never seen anyone hold the handle and brake lever with
> different hands. You usually have your hand on the handles and a few
> fingers on the brake lever.
>

> Edit, you need 'these' (http://tinyurl.com/yvras7) mounts.

Darren already gave me those on my last order for free. I know nothing
about breaks so will those mounts work on that brake or do i need a
different style or something.

--
timbob1907

fluxusmaximus wrote:
> It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
> object.

(\_/)
O 0
(><)This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

kington99
February 24th 07, 07:35 PM
timbob1907 wrote:
> Darren already gave me those on my last order for free. I know nothing
> about breaks so will those mounts work on that brake or do i need a
> different style or something.
>
> Edit: okay you know that round part on the brake that is supposed to
> fit on the handle bars of a bike? well will they fit on 'this'
> (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=908) sort of thing?
> also 'this:' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=516) I
> know it fits but does bedford have any of these two devices?

The mounts Darren gave you are designed specifically for that brake,
they will fit it just fine.

The KH 24 already has a mounting tube for the brake handle underneath
the saddle, so you won't need the first of those two links. The brake
extender (second link) is a personal choice thing, I don't use one but
depending on how you like to have the brake mounted and how big your
hands are you might need one. Incidentally sets of brakes sell on ebay
often and very cheap, might be worth looking for a second hand set to
save some money.

--
kington99

Dave

pkittle
February 25th 07, 01:05 AM
kington99 wrote:
> Incidentally sets of brakes sell on ebay often and very cheap, might be
> worth looking for a second hand set to save some money.

Two other places to check besides eBay: Craigslist often has great
second-hand bike parts, and 'observedtrials.net'
(http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7) has a buy-sell
forum that features maguras for sale pretty regularly (and for
reasonable prices).

--
pkittle

*==========================
Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
==========================*
pkittle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12111

Unicorn
February 25th 07, 07:16 AM
I posted a few months ago concerning brakes.
Go to Bikedock and order the MISSION 4 BOLT V BRAKE ADAPTOR.

Then you can put any V-brake on your Uni. V-brakes provide more than
enough braking power and are much much cheaper than Magura brakes. In
addition you don't have to continuously bleed the lines. Magura brakes
are expensive to buy and upkeep. Go with the V-brakes.

http://www.bikedock.com/posit/shop/search.php

I would suggest that the major Unicycle manufacturers start
manufacturing frames with V-brake posts intead of 4 bolt foundations.

Unicorn

|Filename: V-BrakeAdaptorMount.jpg |

Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

kington99
February 25th 07, 09:04 AM

--
kington99

Dave

Unicorn
February 25th 07, 09:36 AM
If you do any kind of hard abusive riding the lines of the magura get
cut, scratched, twisted and banged up pretty bad. I found that the
V-brake was more than enough without the expense or hassle of a
Magura.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 09:47 AM
i would put a v brake on my 36" nimbus but apparently it doesnt fit.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Unicorn
February 25th 07, 09:59 AM
Try the adaptor seen in the picture. There is even and article in Uni
magazine on how to do it!

I know that Municycle.com used to sel this adaptor.

Unicorn

|Filename: V-BrakeMount.jpg |

Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 10:34 AM
Would this work??? :confused: http://tinyurl.com/3x3exk

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Unicorn
February 25th 07, 01:05 PM
You could defintely get a better price at a bycicle shop and not have to
pay postage. Also you need to make sure that you have either a pair of
the 4 bolt adaptors If you have Magura brake mounts or that U adaptor.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:09 PM
Yeah i guess that is a better idea, If it doesn't fit your frame. You
may want to ask if they do customised versions. :D

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 01:10 PM
so the nimbus 36" has the 4 bolt thingy for maguras. is there any way i
can get a cheap v brake on there?

i dont think a v brake fits on there cause of the support bar over the
back, or would it?

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:14 PM
It's possible, I went to a bike shop and had mine custom made. :D :D

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 01:16 PM
Hazmat wrote:
> It's possible, I went to a bike shop and had mine custom made. :D :D

what exactly did you get custom made?

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:16 PM
The brakes and clamps

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

kington99
February 25th 07, 01:16 PM
Yeah if you got a set of V-brakes with really long arms then the cable
would clear across the top of the frame. Probably need atleast 5"
though.

--
kington99

Dave

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 01:19 PM
i dont really wanna have to pay 40 or so $ to get the parts to attach
the brakes to the frame from UK.

i'll go see sizing out from my bike as i'll probably use the back brake
off their if it looks like it would work.

now, how to attach the v brake to the 4 bolt fitting wouthout actually
buying the part, hmm.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:29 PM
You'll be suprised to know that mine were Australian made parts. :D

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 01:29 PM
gasp !

how much did they cost you, and could i make my own?

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:32 PM
You could make your own but i'd prefer a professional to do it. Also it
cost me $150-200 altogether because of low production costs. :D

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 01:33 PM
thats more than it would cost me to get 2 sets of maguras and the brake
mounts haha.

i think i shall just stick with a set of maguras from the UK and whack
them on, and see how it goes.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:34 PM
ok but remember that british pounds are something like 2 1/2 times our
currency and that you have to pay for shipping etc. Also my brakes are
partly ceramic. I think the guy had me on until i saw them and did
this. :eek: :eek:

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 01:35 PM
yep fully aware of it.

i hope i can grab 2 sets for about 60-70 pounds delivered. that would
be nice.

then i'll whack them on and it shall all be good.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:36 PM
Well whatever you do, i hope you will be happy with the result my
friend. ;) :D :p

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 01:38 PM
me too, me too.

im going to bed, nighty night.

if all else fails - stick foot in spokes and stop FAST.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Hazmat
February 25th 07, 01:40 PM
iridemymuni wrote:
> me too, me too.
>
> im going to bed, nighty night.
>
> if all else fails - stick foot in spokes and stop FAST.

I think i may head to bed myself. Have a good week my friend and i was
doing that b4 the brakes were made also. :D :D

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home