PDA

View Full Version : What ever Happened to Dirt Uni?

Unicorn
February 25th 07, 08:07 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know what happened to "Dirt Uni - Unicycles that shred." ?

I have not been able to get into thier website for about half a year
now.

Does anyone own a Dirt Uni? How are they?

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

brendan
February 25th 07, 10:01 PM
wonder who made that uni i'm guessing its titanium, someone was going on
about titanium frames a while ago.

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Ducttape
February 25th 07, 10:04 PM
brendan wrote:
> wonder who made that uni i'm guessing its titanium, someone was going on
> about titanium frames a while ago.

I belive Dirt Uni was/ is Based in Eugene, Oregon and I don't know what
happend to their site I'll have to try and find out.....

--
Ducttape

*Coker Fund:*$683.31
*Freeride Seat with shipping will cost: *$64.84
*GB4 Handle with shipping will cost:* $64.95
*______________________________________
**Total cost for stuff: *$814.15* Current Progress *697.00*/*814.15';)'
(http://www.zazzle.com/Ducttapesunicycle) ;)
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006

AscenXion
February 25th 07, 10:06 PM
Jerrick wrote:
> Never even heard of them until now.
>
> But from just a few seconds on google I found a costum made 'TI uni '
> (http://www.bikemecca.com/sickweird/slide5.html)from Dirt Uni.
>
> There site seems ok at first, but clicking any link would take me to
> search results.

If you don't recognize that layout immediately as one of the MILLION
fake stolen domains that are popping up everywhere, you must not do
much googling. :)

--
AscenXion

*\ /*
*/ \*

*SingleTrak'n*
*Order Of One [Oł]*

> *You've shown your true face, AscenXion, and revealed that only an
> exclusive order of people can exist in your world where you are an
> intolerant god.*
AscenXion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12303

AscenXion
February 25th 07, 10:09 PM
brendan wrote:
> wonder who made that uni i'm guessing its titanium, someone was going on
> about titanium frames a while ago.

[british accent] "What are you doing"
[another british accent] "I'm guessing"
[first accent again] "What are you guessing?"
[second british accent] "I'm guessing that the strange sybol Ti has
something to do with titanium.

--
AscenXion

*\ /*
*/ \*

*SingleTrak'n*
*Order Of One [Oł]*

> *You've shown your true face, AscenXion, and revealed that only an
> exclusive order of people can exist in your world where you are an
> intolerant god.*
AscenXion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12303

Ducttape
February 25th 07, 10:12 PM
AscenXion wrote:
> If you don't recognize that layout immediately as one of the MILLION
> fake stolen domains that are popping up everywhere, you must not do
> much googling. :)

Dirtuni.com was actually their Url I know because I've been there and
on several occasions thought about buying a Custom Dirt Uni, but now I
guess they couldn't afford the domain name anymore, and gave up the
website....

--
Ducttape

*Coker Fund:*$683.31
*Freeride Seat with shipping will cost: *$64.84
*GB4 Handle with shipping will cost:* $64.95
*______________________________________
**Total cost for stuff: *$814.15* Current Progress *697.00*/*814.15';)'
(http://www.zazzle.com/Ducttapesunicycle) ;)
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006

Jerrick
February 26th 07, 06:01 AM
AscenXion wrote:
> If you don't recognize that layout immediately as one of the MILLION
> fake stolen domains that are popping up everywhere, you must not do
> much googling. :)

Lol, I knew it was fake, but at first it seemed ok, then once I looked
at it, it was obvious.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AscenXion
February 26th 07, 06:58 AM
Jerrick wrote:
> Lol, I knew it was fake, but at first it seemed ok, then once I looked
> at it, it was obvious.

Yeah, it was SLIGHTLY more real looking than most of them. I think that
those sites may have worked a couple years ago when web site pirating
started, but pretty soon, EVERYONE is going to know what they are, and
they're just going to close them as soon as they open...

--
AscenXion

*\ /*
*/ \*

*SingleTrak'n*
*Order Of One [Oł]*

> *You've shown your true face, AscenXion, and revealed that only an
> exclusive order of people can exist in your world where you are an
> intolerant god.*
AscenXion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12303

racerjoe97045
October 16th 07, 04:13 AM
I'm the proud owner of a Dirt Uni. Eugene, the builder, is off doing
other stuff now - but his legacy lives on. The dirt uni is bomb proof.
Profile Hub and cranks, Ringle' pedals, hell for stout frame and a big
ole 3" downhill knob. It's a little heavy, but I don't worry about
breaking it.

It's a great uni, in my opinion.
Happy uni riding

--
racerjoe97045
http://www.usenet.com

Unicorn
October 16th 07, 10:31 AM
That is really interesting! I started this thread after someone made fun
of Eugene in an article where they described him as one of the pioneers
of MUni. They did not hear of him but I immediately recognized the Dirt
Uni but then could not get into his site. I wanted to get a Dirt Uni
when I started riding but then found someone with and ONZA 24 here in
Israel for half the price. I now have three Kris Holms as well. $900 is
a little to steep to pay for a Uni now adays.

How is the crown? I love the design. If a part breaks you don't have to
replace the whole frame! I bet you "shred" with that Dirt Uni if you
are as good a rider as the Dirt Uni is itself!

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home