PDA

View Full Version : how do i become moderator?

gabetheunicycleman
February 25th 07, 09:42 AM
see title.

--
gabetheunicycleman

hurrah for 3/4 flips
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 09:46 AM
the only mods i know are gilby and harper.

no offence but you probably wont EVER be a moderator.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

thejdw
February 25th 07, 09:49 AM
iridemymuni wrote:
> the only mods i know are gilby and harper.
>
> no offence but you probably wont EVER be a moderator.

Hacking any use?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

kington99
February 25th 07, 09:55 AM
Make useful and mature contributions to the community for 10 years+ and
you might have a shot.

--
kington99

Dave

iridemymuni
February 25th 07, 09:55 AM
thejdw wrote:
> Hacking any use?

if you want to be eternally banned from posting again on unicyclist.com
and shunned by thousands of members, then yes it would be useful.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

ivan
February 25th 07, 10:53 AM
gabetheunicycleman wrote:
> how do i become moderator?

You can begin by starting threads in the right forums(e.g. this would
be much better off in JC) and using some grammar and capitalisation.
Then, learn to make objective judgements and decisions and control your
temper(general advice for anyone who wants to be a mod here, I don't
know about you personally). Be as helpful to everyone as possible and
in a few years, when there is a new outbreak of spam and/or immature
threads, offer your candidature once more.

p.s. I'm still waiting for Gilby to make me omnipotent.

--
ivan

Read me! thank you.
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

thejdw
February 25th 07, 12:08 PM
iridemymuni wrote:
> if you want to be eternally banned from posting again on unicyclist.com
> and shunned by thousands of members, then yes it would be useful.

I guess i'll not recomed it to him then ;)

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

steveyo
February 25th 07, 02:51 PM
kington99 wrote:
> Make useful and mature contributions to the community for 10 years+ and
> you might have a shot.

That can't be right, or how would Harper have become a moderator?

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)

UniTyler
February 25th 07, 02:56 PM
steveyo wrote:
> That can't be right, or how would Harper have become a moderator?

Harper's been a mod for a long time -- ever since I've been here.

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

kington99
February 25th 07, 03:11 PM
steveyo wrote:
> That can't be right, or how would Harper have become a moderator?

Ok, make useful and mature contributions to the community for 10 years+
and you might have a shot OR post a photo of yourself in a scandalous
leotard, cuddling a jugglebug.

--
kington99

Dave

harper
February 25th 07, 03:32 PM
kington99 wrote:
> post a photo of yourself in a scandalous leotard, cuddling a jugglebug.

That's the ticket.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

Finally made it to my (n+1)th post....* TOTALLY AWESOME!!!*

><> Unicycle For the Chafing <><

steveyo
February 25th 07, 03:39 PM
harper wrote:
> That's the ticket.

Another in a long line of useful and mature contributions...

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)

harper
February 25th 07, 04:24 PM
steveyo wrote:
> Another in a long line of useful and mature contributions...

Oh, stevey, I worry that your anger will consume you. Breathe deeply
and read some Billy posts for therapy. And remember, however trite,
hate is not family value.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

Finally made it to my (n+1)th post....* TOTALLY AWESOME!!!*

><> Unicycle For the Chafing <><

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home