PDA

View Full Version : My new KH trials just arrived! (pic)

MuniAddict
February 26th 07, 06:25 PM
Pretty cool! Ups just delivered my brand-spankin' new KH Trials just
moments ago and I was SHOCKED, shocked at the super-size box it was
shipped in!!!

The uni was packed with everything on, including the seat at its
highest possible position! It was sandwiched between super thick foam,
some of which became "fused" to the fusion seat cover...good name for
it haha!

Brand new and perfect condition! Cost: $365. That's almost $140 *less*
than UDC. :) Too bad I probably won't ride it that much:(.

|Filename: terry 002.jpg |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

brendan
February 26th 07, 06:39 PM
wow thats quite funny :D well lucky you thats a great uni for a great
price....

mayeb u'll ride it more than ur muni cause its so good :P

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

MuniAddict
February 26th 07, 06:51 PM
Anybody know the best way to remove foam from a fusion saddle?? There
was some packing foam apparently partially glued to the saddle and now
I can't get the remaining "residue" off , which is what what left when
the main part of the foam was removed.

It can't be "peeled" off because all that's remaining is mostly the
adhesive part with only the thinnest coating of foam particles on top
of that. I tried paint thinner, acetone (I was worried about trying
that) and soaking it with a hot, wet rag; no luck. Doesn't seem to want
to come off.

I suspect that by simply riding it for a good week or two it will come
off from friction, but I'd like to get it off now so if anyone has
suggestions I'd appreciate it!:D

|Filename: terry.jpg |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

onelesscar
February 26th 07, 06:54 PM
try "goof off" or "goo b gone"...they're great adhesive removers you can
get at any hardware store.

--
onelesscar

"my bounty is as boundless as the sea
my love as deep
the more i give to thee the more i have
for both are endless"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

thejdw
February 26th 07, 07:09 PM
what was the trials uni you had befor? (gitar uni ;))

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Jim
February 26th 07, 07:26 PM
Why don't you contact the people you bought it from and ask them to fix
it or send you a replacement saddle. They will probably be glad to be
warned about the saddles getting marked by the packaging foam before
they send more unicycles out and get loads of complaints (unless you
didn't buy it new then ignore what I just said)

jim

--
Jim
Jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9416

bawls44
February 26th 07, 08:06 PM
onelesscar wrote:
> try "goof off" or "goo b gone"...they're great adhesive removers you can
> get at any hardware store.

That stuff has preformed very well for me, just time consuming to scrub
large areas of adhesive off of somthing..

But the new KH looks very nice, congrats on the nice price :)

--
bawls44
bawls44's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14427

kington99
February 26th 07, 08:13 PM
MuniAddict wrote:
> Brand new and perfect condition! Cost: $365. That's almost $140 *less*
> than UDC. :)

Where did you get it from? And as it's not UDC, how come it has a UDC
sticker on the inside of the fork?

--
kington99

Dave

Evan Byrne
February 26th 07, 08:40 PM
Acetone will work.

--
Evan Byrne

Its one hundred and six miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.-
Elwood
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

thejdw
February 26th 07, 08:46 PM
kington99 wrote:
> Where did you get it from? And as it's not UDC, how come it has a UDC
> sticker on the inside of the fork?

Hes probs got it from one of those sites that buy stock from udc and
sell it on

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

surfer1024
February 26th 07, 08:47 PM
He got it off of Ebay. Someone listed two of them recently

--
surfer1024

My movie:D :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vho0bELAjEE
surfer1024's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13733

adam.mc37
February 26th 07, 08:53 PM
Goof off is the shizzle.

--
adam.mc37
adam.mc37's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14161

chester1234
February 26th 07, 09:06 PM
try rubbing alchohol

--
chester1234

<< Add me to msn if you wish
chester1234's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13698

brendan
February 26th 07, 09:25 PM
just use acetone/aclcohol.

and yeah contact the guy, u never know might get a free saddle. i
bought 2 SCSI hard drives the other day and one didnt work, so the guy
sent me a new one, no questions asked nothing... should have said both
didnt work lol

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

MuniAddict
February 26th 07, 09:32 PM
adam.mc37 wrote:
> Goof off is the shizzle.

Tried that, oops, goo be gone, rubbing alcohol, acetone...NONE worked
even a little bit! That stuff is ON! So I removed the cover and now
it's soakinginhot sudsy water.

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Evan Byrne
February 26th 07, 09:35 PM
Did you put the acetone on a rag then onto the saddle? you should pour
the acetone directly onto the cover. Dont be afraid to use a lot, its
cheap.

--
Evan Byrne

Its one hundred and six miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.-
Elwood
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

MuniAddict
February 26th 07, 09:40 PM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> Did you put the acetone on a rag then onto the saddle? you should pour
> the acetone directly onto the cover. Dont be afraid to use a lot, its
> cheap.

I put it on the rag first then rubbed. I was afraid I would damage the
cover (vinyl) if I poured it directly on the cover. Even if applied
with a rag...and I pretty much soaked the rag with it...it should have
at least removed *some* of the residue, but it didn't remove even the
smallest amount. That's some amazingly nasty s#@t on there!:eek:

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

jrdugueod
February 26th 07, 09:45 PM
Try a Citrus Solvent. They use it to remove adhesive and wax(I use it
on skis). Also, would like the seat smelling lemony fresh instead of
like ass!! Be careful with acetone, could wreck the cover.

--
jrdugueod

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054

adam.mc37
February 26th 07, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't recommend pouring acetone directly onto anything. If pure
acetone isn't breaking it down you're probably going to just have to
ride it off =( I put down some wood flooring yesterday and didn't wear
gloves...I can't get the glue off my hands, even after goof off, 100%
acetone, mineral spirits. My poor hands! =(

--
adam.mc37

http://tinyurl.com/yrqth4 The Gallery!

jrdugueod wrote:
> Try a Citrus Solvent. They use it to remove adhesive and wax(I use it
> on skis). Also, would like the seat smelling lemony fresh instead of
> like ass!! Be careful with acetone, could wreck the cover.

Yep, tried that too, no effect whatsoever. Hey did you see the vid from
Devil's slide with me & John?

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Jerrick
February 26th 07, 09:52 PM
Spit. Spit, rub, credit card to pry off. =p

If anything, dont worry about it, and just ride it.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

GhettoSmurf
February 27th 07, 12:23 AM
i wouldnt use acetone.
you could burn your balls off on your next ride.

--
GhettoSmurf

http://willowglenbicycles.com/index.cfm[/URL]
GhettoSmurf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11929

MuniAddict
February 27th 07, 12:25 AM
GhettoSmurf wrote:
> i wouldnt use acetone.
> you could burn your balls off on your next ride.

HAha! I did use it and all it succeeded in doing was eating through the
thread seams!:eek:

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

ahollow
February 27th 07, 12:29 AM
Looks good, Terry. Mine arrived this morning from Darren at Bedford, no
problems with the seat though. ;)

Weird trying to ride this after learning on a 24 and riding a 29 for
the last 2 weeks. Hopping is a lot easier than on the 24, but maybe
I'm just getting a little better.

So what are you bringing to Moab? Since I'm flying in, I'm only
bringing the KH24 with me.

Good luck with the seat cover. I think it will wear off in no time.

--
ahollow
ahollow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13990

uniROB7
February 27th 07, 02:14 AM
I want one.:( I cant wait till the new shipment comes in.

p.s. Good luck on the seat. Try Goo Gone that stuff is amasing.

--
uniROB7

*Wana be street uni pro*
uniROB7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14166

MuniAddict
February 27th 07, 02:24 AM
ahollow wrote:
> Looks good, Terry. Mine arrived this morning from Darren at Bedford, no
> problems with the seat though. ;)
>
> Weird trying to ride this after learning on a 24 and riding a 29 for
> the last 2 weeks. Hopping is a lot easier than on the 24, but maybe
> I'm just getting a little better.
>
> So what are you bringing to Moab? Since I'm flying in, I'm only
> bringing the KH24 with me.
>
> Good luck with the seat cover. I think it will wear off in no time.

I got most of the residue off, but it's kinda funky looking now, but
will serve well. I'm bringing my KH 24" Muni, and just clothes and
supplies. I plan on getting there on Monday so I can have the whole
week to sightsee and ride around and get a feel for the trail(s).:D If
anyone else will be there early too let me know so maybe we can ride!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

chester1234
February 27th 07, 03:18 AM
You could try an SOS pad or something like that, or maby one of those
tough scrub brushes for washing dishes

Its worth a try

--
chester1234

<< Add me to msn if you wish
chester1234's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13698

MuniAddict
February 27th 07, 03:25 AM
chester1234 wrote:
> You could try an SOS pad or something like that, or maby one of those
> tough scrub brushes for washing dishes
>
> Its worth a try

I eneded up using good ol' sandpaper! Little by little it took it all
off, but the acetone (used earlier) dissolved the seams on one
side!:eek: I don't know what's keeping it together but it still holding
up...so far, with the cover back on the saddle.

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Chris.James
February 27th 07, 03:30 AM
you might want to to tell whoever you got it from, you may even get a
new fusion cover out of it

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

"Darwin was once of the greatest minds of our time!...Then why is he
making out with Satan?" ~The Simpsons

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down...this should be every boy's
dream!"~Bart Simpson
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Tellurider
February 27th 07, 03:32 AM
Try naptha it is sold as laquer thinner and also comes as a product
called Energine but its cheaper in the paint department.

I use it to get tar and bubble gum out of carpet. It doesn't harm the
carpet fiber and it works great. On gum that has been ground into
carpet and walked on for months all you have to do is pour a little bit
on the gum. Wait a minute then pick at it with a screwdriver and it
comes right up without a trace.

use rubber gloves and try not to breath the fumes it is realy bad for
your kidneys.

--
Tellurider
Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972

chester1234
February 27th 07, 04:27 AM
Thats good that you got it off

Something like that would really wreck the appearence of such a good
looking uni:D

--
chester1234

<< Add me to msn if you wish
chester1234's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13698

Evan Byrne
February 27th 07, 04:42 AM
try wd-40

--
Evan Byrne

Its one hundred and six miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.-
Elwood
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

skilewis74
February 27th 07, 04:53 AM
MuniAddict wrote:
> I don't know what "seems" to be keeping it together but it still holding
> up...so far, with the cover back on the saddle.

You could reinforce the stitching, maybee with some nylon thread.

--
skilewis74

Spencer Hochberg
February 27th 07, 04:55 AM
Put some duct tape over it, that will solve the problem for about a
week;)

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

Im messing with it again!!!
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

MuniAddict
February 27th 07, 05:13 AM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> Put some duct tape over it, that will solve the problem for about a
> week;)

Well I already sent an email to the seller (a salvage and freight
recovery company) in the hopes that they will either replace it, or
reimburse the replacement cost, which I believe is $19 via UDC. But
they (UDC) don't seem to carry the same fusion cover specifically for
the '07 trials, which is definitley *not* the same cover as the one for
the MUni.

Also the '07 trials cover has the KH logo on the *top* back of the
cover, not on the knit part on the back side, but embossed into the
vinyl. But I'm pretty sure that the standard fusion cover would still
fit, though I may be wring aboot that! :rolleyes:

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Spencer Hochberg
February 27th 07, 05:28 AM
MuniAddict wrote:
> Well I already sent an email to the seller (a salvage and freight
> recovery company) in the hopes that they will either replace it, or
> reimburse the replacement cost, which I believe is $19 via UDC. But
> they (UDC) don't seem to carry the same fusion cover specifically for
> the '07 trials, which is definitley *not* the same cover as the one for
> the MUni.
>
> Also the '07 trials cover has the KH logo on the *top* back of the
> cover, not on the knit part on the back side, but embossed into the
> vinyl. But I'm pretty sure that the standard fusion cover would still
> fit, though I may be wring aboot that! :rolleyes:

They might still have them though even though they have the generic
cover on the site. I am pretty sure Darren has them too.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

Im messing with it again!!!
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Unisykolist
May 5th 08, 07:58 AM
http://tinyurl.com/44df93

--
Unisykolist

Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
learning to juggle 5!
BLUE CAP

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home