PDA

View Full Version : MUni pic-"Raw"

MuniAddict
February 28th 07, 11:16 PM
Just finished stripping the standard KH blue off the frame of my '07,
and put her back together! I think I'm lovin' it!:D (Hub & rim tape's
still blue though...oh well.)

|Filename: terry 001.jpg |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

MuniAddict
February 28th 07, 11:22 PM
Brian O. wrote:
> that looks hot. How did you get it off?

I'll tell ya it wasn't easy! First I applied stripper gel (supposedly
VERY strong), and then began with the scraping. Wasn't coming off that
well so I reapplied several coates of the stipper, let it sit, then
scrapped again.

Finally, I hosed it down, dried it and took most of the reamining paint
off with my brass grinding wheel. Then for the smaller detail removal I
used my dremel withg a small wire wheel briush. Final detail was done
with 0000 steel wool, then coated with matt clear spray. Lots of work
but a nice result!:)

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Spencer Hochberg
February 28th 07, 11:23 PM
Nice, I was going to do that to my kh muni too so I went to the store
with Evan and Cody to get paint stripper but we are now 18 so they
wouldnt let us get it.
It looks good.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Brian O.
February 28th 07, 11:27 PM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> and Cody to get paint stripper but we are not 18 so they wouldnt let us
> get it.

I'd be afraid for Cody to have paint stripper, the people at the store
probably made the right choice haha ;)

--
Brian O.

'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.

MuniAddict
February 28th 07, 11:30 PM
When I get bored with the natch look I'll do camo again. That looked
pretty cool on my long-gone (sold) DX Muni.

|Filename: camoA.jpg |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Spencer Hochberg
February 28th 07, 11:31 PM
Brian O. wrote:
> I'd be afraid for Cody to have paint stripper, the people at the store
> probably made the right choice haha ;)

Haha true. I just realized I wrote we are now 18 instead of not 18,
haha. I edited my post, its still in your quote.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

MuniAddict
February 28th 07, 11:37 PM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> Haha true. I just realized I wrote we are now 18 instead of not 18,
> haha. I edited my post, its still in your quote.

Haha I noticed that too but figured you meant "not".:rolleyes:

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

unicyclepa
March 1st 07, 01:14 AM
i did the same to my muni and trials but i polished them

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=307857&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=247775119013ae52944cfdcce4e90a91]

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

MuniAddict
March 1st 07, 01:21 AM
unicyclepa wrote:
> i did the same to my muni and trials but i polished them
>
> [image:
> http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=307857&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=247775119013ae52944cfdcce4e90a91]

Whoa that's nice, but I'm a tad color blind so that looks like it's been
painted another color! How did you "polish" it? The finish looks
completely different than mine.

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

unicyclepa
March 1st 07, 01:34 AM
It looks like chrome in real life. i did it with lots of time in front
of a buffing wheal.
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=307860&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=247775119013ae52944cfdcce4e90a91]

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

jrdugueod
March 1st 07, 02:07 AM
Terry if you want the polish look, I've done a lot of car parts. A
buffer and the right compound and that should polish fast. Kind of
makes me want to do that but I have the whole blue mojo going now.

--
jrdugueod

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054

tunkie
March 1st 07, 02:14 AM
So you think i could do this to my kh 07 trials because that looks
soooooo! cool!

--
tunkie

http://youtube.com/profile?user=tunkie1993

http://www.misterpoll.com/568933725.html
tunkie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13936

Evan Byrne
March 1st 07, 04:09 AM
The trick to paintstripper is use a lot, make sure it gets in all the
corners, and leave it for an hour before you start scraping.

--
Evan Byrne

Its one hundred and six miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.-
Elwood
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

MuniAddict
March 1st 07, 04:42 AM
tunkie wrote:
> So you think i could do this to my kh 07 trials because that looks
> soooooo! cool!

Sure you can. But you might want to consider just having it "powder
blasted", which is like sandblasting but it won't "pit" the aluminium.
Shoudn't cost more than $20 to have it done. If I had to do it again I
would opt for the powder blasting over paint stripping, which is just
messy and time consuming.

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

underdog
March 1st 07, 04:29 PM
These are some awesome looking munis but, isn't there something
fundamentally wrong with a shiny, clean municycle? Kinda like a
mountain bike without mud. Or an awesome offroad vehicle that's clean
and polished and obviously never saw a dirt road.

Of course I know that MuniAddict isn't afraid to get his dirty;)

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

cathwood
March 1st 07, 04:42 PM
underdog wrote:
> These are some awesome looking munis but, isn't there something
> fundamentally wrong with a shiny, clean municycle? Kinda like a
> mountain bike without mud. Or an awesome offroad vehicle that's clean
> and polished and obviously never saw a dirt road.

I agree. I take my onza out and roll it in the mud now and again so
that it looks like I've been doing some hard core dirt riding. :)

--
cathwood

Cathy

vivalargo
March 1st 07, 04:45 PM
The reason that stripped and buffewd KH 20 looks green is that it's
reflecting back the color of the grass around it. The uni frame itself
being almost a mirror. I sort of like Terry's military matt silver.
The whole shiny thing seems plain wrong on a Muni, as the nice British
woman pointed out.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

thejdw
March 1st 07, 05:21 PM
don't taute, udc are late deliving my kh hub :(

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

MuniAddict
March 1st 07, 06:14 PM
underdog wrote:
> These are some awesome looking munis but, isn't there something
> fundamentally wrong with a shiny, clean municycle? Kinda like a
> mountain bike without mud. Or an awesome offroad vehicle that's clean
> and polished and obviously never saw a dirt road.
>
> Of course I know that MuniAddict isn't afraid to get his dirty;)

It hasn't been used since the stripping yesterday, but it will get a
good ride today and hopefully get some good ol' dirt on it! And I'm
also going to keep it un-polished, with just the matt finish...I don't
want to blind anyone with a super-shiny MUni!:D

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

underdog
March 1st 07, 06:50 PM
MuniAddict wrote:
> it will get a good ride today and hopefully get some good ol' dirt on
> it!

Yaaay!!

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Unicaw89
March 5th 07, 09:15 AM

Whoa whoa, what did I do...*****fy eyes*

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/B]FREAKING[B] WILLIAMS
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! <-----its a vid, click it:rolleyes: '
(http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com ' (renegadejuggling.com)'Koxx-one.com'
(koxx-one.com)

Dumpweed wrote:
> your to hard on ur toys i think its time for u to take up a new hobby
> like watching tv
Unicaw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13531

Borgschulze
March 5th 07, 04:23 PM
I was thinking of stripping my DX frame. I want to paint it orange...
but before I buy paint I need a new MP3 player, the Li-on battery in my
old one died.

--
Borgschulze

http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/
Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501

MuniAddict
March 6th 07, 01:34 AM
Well the "raw"look didn't last very long!:p It's Camo time! (Again)
:):D:cool:
(still blue hub, but oh well)

|Filename: beforeafter.bmp |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Spencer Hochberg
March 6th 07, 01:45 AM
Cool, that looks awesome.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

MuniAddict
March 6th 07, 01:49 AM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> Cool, that looks awesome.

Thanks, I also just got new Speedplay "Drillium" pedals. Nice wide foot
area, and thin. Hopefully they won't fly off the spindles like my
Aircorps!:eek: It's hard to see them in the pic above, so here's a
closeup...taken just before the camo paint job:

|Filename: speed.jpg |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

skianduniaddict
March 6th 07, 01:51 AM
i like bryans lime green 20

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
> skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
> -Shaun JOhanneson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

abbabibble
March 6th 07, 03:42 AM
OMFGDG how much were them kickass pedals?

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

uni_jim wrote:
> isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
> where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?;) :D

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON-->':eek: '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

MuniAddict
March 6th 07, 04:38 AM
abbabibble wrote:
> OMFGDG how much were them kickass pedals?

Too much! But hopefully worth it!:D

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

skilewis74
March 6th 07, 04:41 AM
Your cammo painting skills have improved:D

MuniAddict wrote:
> Thanks, I also just got new Speedplay "Drillium" pedals. Nice wide foot
> area, and thin. Hopefully they won't fly off the spindles like my
> Aircorps!:eek: It's hard to see them in the pic above, so here's a
> closeup...taken just before the camo paint job:

I noticed that!

If you put some pedal protectors on them they'd probably last much
longer.

I think it woul look cool if you painted the pedals some bright color.
Blue would match the hub, but I don't think it goes well w/ the cammo.
I think orange would look good.:cool:

--
skilewis74

unigrinin
March 6th 07, 04:45 AM
nice what kind off paint did you use

--
unigrinin
unigrinin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12300

UniTyler
March 6th 07, 04:50 AM
abbabibble wrote:
> OMFGDG how much were them kickass pedals?

Google's infinite knowledge presents me with a number....what is it?
$109. :cool:

-"I'm thinking of a number, between 450 and 850. Know what it is?
It's my credit score, and it happens to be 720. Do you know your
credit score? If not, you can find it at FreeCreditReport.com."-

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

MuniAddict
March 6th 07, 05:15 AM

Krylon "camo" flat. http://tinyurl.com/yuuokv

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Google