PDA

View Full Version : Valiant end to my Torker

captainkrunk61
March 3rd 07, 05:53 AM
So, tonight at the OKC Skatepark, my Torker frame ('05) met it's
glorious grind during a grind to 180, the uni fell on the 180 and hit
and the frame cracked. And then once i go in my front dor, it snapped
off completely. Here's the damage:
[image: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5297/dsc01900ls1.jpg]
[image: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9317/dsc01901ng7.jpg]
[image: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/420/dsc01902nv7.jpg]
Luckily, I noticed the crack getting larger and order a Nimbus II frame
this afternoon. I'm taking it to a muffler shop tomorrow to get a quick
fix to hold it over til my order comes.

--
captainkrunk61
captainkrunk61's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13765

ProFish_Daddy
March 3rd 07, 06:14 AM
Owch dude.... Mine's due to break anytime now.. I have a torker CX....
Crappy.

--
ProFish_Daddy

If you don't like my typing or spelling just move along!
I am here to learn more and to be encouraged.

habbywall wrote:
> I doubt he's God, but if he is I bet his internet connection is really
> fast!
ProFish_Daddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11973

Danni
March 3rd 07, 06:17 AM
That sucks, though it is expected of hard riders to break 'em.
What frame are you going to replace it with?

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Jerrick
March 3rd 07, 06:18 AM
captainkrunk61 wrote:

> Luckily, I noticed the crack getting larger and order a Nimbus II frame
> this afternoon. I'm taking it to a muffler shop tomorrow to get a quick
> fix to hold it over til my order comes.

ProFish_Daddy
March 3rd 07, 06:22 AM
I can Ride mine W/O the seat.... can you ride it w/o the whole post?

--

habbywall wrote:
> I doubt he's God, but if he is I bet his internet connection is really
> fast!
ProFish_Daddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11973

skrobo
March 3rd 07, 07:27 PM
ProFish_Daddy wrote:
> Owch dude.... Mine's due to break anytime now.. I have a torker CX....
> Crappy.

cx's don't break ... ever

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

ProFish_Daddy
March 3rd 07, 08:36 PM
skrobo wrote:
> cx's don't break ... ever

they don't??? I thought I had the crappiest unicycle their was?
My rim's all bent up... I guess I should buy a new rim

OH LX's are the crappiest right???

--

habbywall wrote:
> I doubt he's God, but if he is I bet his internet connection is really
> fast!
ProFish_Daddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11973

thejdw
March 3rd 07, 09:25 PM
skrobo wrote:
> cx's don't break ... ever

4m drop?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Chris.James
March 4th 07, 02:28 AM
ProFish_Daddy wrote:
> they don't??? I thought I had the crappiest unicycle their was?
> My rim's all bent up... I guess I should buy a new rim
>
> OH LX's are the crappiest right???

no, neither of those are the crappiest ever. You should see the picture
of the uni that johnfoss learned on. THAT may be the crappiest unicycle
ever ;)

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
> Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
> riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
> to watch we don't land in dog poop.....
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

maximus unius
March 4th 07, 02:36 AM
At least it was a glorious end! I have been able to see a 1 1/2"
hairline crack on mine for about 2-3 months, and I've had it for 6. I
just switched to riding everything except for skinnies.

--
maximus unius
maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

captainkrunk61
March 4th 07, 04:59 AM
maximus unius wrote:
> At least it was a glorious end! I have been able to see a 1 1/2"
> hairline crack on mine for about 2-3 months, and I've had it for 6. I
> just switched to riding everything except for skinnies.

That's exactly how mine was, but then I noticed growth, and not but 2
days later...SNAP!

--
captainkrunk61
captainkrunk61's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13765

skilewis74
March 4th 07, 11:13 AM
ProFish_Daddy wrote:
> they don't??? I thought I had the crappiest unicycle their was?
> My rim's all bent up... I guess I should buy a new rim
>
> OH LX's are the crappiest right???

Yeah the LX is definately one of the cheapest unis you can buy. Start
saving up for one w/ a splined hub. I'm looking at the Nimbus hopley.
I don't mind waiting an extra month to save the extra $100 but I'm not
sure it's worth it.

That spot on the DX was prone to snapping for 2006 and earlier. The
2007 frame is reenforced there and should not break.

--
skilewis74

tholub
March 4th 07, 03:31 PM
maximus unius wrote:
> At least it was a glorious end! I have been able to see a 1 1/2"
> hairline crack on mine for about 2-3 months, and I've had it for 6. I
> just switched to riding everything except for skinnies.

You can probably bring it to a welding shop and get it fixed for $20.

--
tholub

maximus unius
March 4th 07, 05:02 PM
maximus unius wrote:
> At least it was a glorious end! I have been able to see a 1 1/2"
> hairline crack on mine for about 2-3 months, and I've had it for 6. I
> just switched to riding everything *SIF* except for skinnies.

That's what I meant to say:o

--
maximus unius
maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

xsunnyd591x
March 4th 07, 06:42 PM
i see your using plastic pedals. can u grind on those?
i thought they had to be metal

is the torker DX a descent street uni? i think im gettin it

--
xsunnyd591x
xsunnyd591x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14470

Ohcrazyone
March 4th 07, 08:49 PM
xsunnyd591x wrote:
> i see your using plastic pedals. can u grind on those?
> i thought they had to be metal
>
> is the torker DX a descent street uni? i think im gettin it

It's harder to grind on metal pedals than plastic ones. Plastics slide
ALOT better.

--
Ohcrazyone
Ohcrazyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13871

captainkrunk61
March 7th 07, 01:18 AM
UPDATE: My Nimbus II frame comes Thrusday. I'll post pics of the new
set.

--
captainkrunk61
captainkrunk61's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13765

SNES350
March 7th 07, 02:13 PM
Ohcrazyone wrote:
> It's harder to grind on metal pedals than plastic ones. Plastics slide
> ALOT better.

Plastics are also much better for learning tricks on. My legs would be
destroyed if I didn't have my 29'ers plastic pedals on my DX. The
29'er gets the DX pedals and all goes well.

--
SNES350
SNES350's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12624

Eroick
March 7th 07, 11:16 PM
I might not ride my Torker 24" DX much anymore, and I haven't ridden it
all winter, but it still is alive and shows no sign of cracking.

--
Eroick

--Eric Evenchick
My MSN: