PDA

View Full Version : can i use a 1 bolt?

ilosttheotherwheel
March 3rd 07, 09:43 PM
well today i went out to go buy a seat post clamp and there was no one
that had one so RBM ordered me one. but i have one that i can use for
now its a 1 bolt and would it mess up my new (dan heaton) frame? or my
try-all seatpost?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

--
ilosttheotherwheel

><>unicycle for christ<><
ilosttheotherwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12841

Jerrick
March 3rd 07, 09:49 PM
1 bolt is more likely to not secure your seatpost as well as a 2 or 3
bolt clamp, but it will still work ok.

It really depends on the make though, some brands are better than
others and will hold better, so as long as it fits properly, your good
to go.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

skrobo
March 6th 07, 03:24 AM
Jerrick wrote:
> 1 bolt is more likely to not secure your seatpost as well as a 2 or 3
> bolt clamp, but it will still work ok.
>
> It really depends on the make though, some brands are better than
> others and will hold better, so as long as it fits properly, your good
> to go.

erm
shaun johanneson uses a 1 bolt seatclamp.
you know what tricks he does.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

maestro8
March 6th 07, 05:14 AM
Jerrick wrote:
> 1 bolt is more likely to not secure your seatpost as well as a 2 or 3
> bolt clamp, but it will still work ok. It really depends on the make
> though, some brands are better than others and will hold better, so as
> long as it fits properly, your good to go.

I feel dumber having read this post. It's a lot of reading to find out
Jerrick doesn't have a real answer to the question.

Simple answer: look at the bolt. If you have a clamp with 'one big
beefy bolt' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=563), it
should hold just as well as something with 'two smaller bolts'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=928).

I don't see how a clamp would mess up your frame or seatpost, though...
don't worry about it. The worst thing that could happen is your seat
will get bumped out of alignment if you drop your uni... just bump it
back in place and keep riding until you get your new clamp!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home