PDA

View Full Version : 661 4x4s slippage

zfreak220
March 4th 07, 01:30 AM
one of the biggest complaints people have with the 661 4x4s is that they
slip down when riding. well today, I decided to try putting what I
thought was the right pad on the left leg and the left pad on the right
leg. when riding and walking around, I noticed almost no slippage. so
the "right way" to put on the pads is to have the first set of velcro
in between your legs.

--
zfreak220

howdigetsogood wrote:
> man i used to think scooters were totally lame, but after that 'video'
> (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57071), oh wait
> nevermind i still do.
zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

dudewithasock
March 4th 07, 03:21 AM
I'm inconsistent with how I put mine on, and have never had any slippage
problems.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:

James_Potter wrote:
> Save a cherry, pop a collar!
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

john_childs
March 4th 07, 08:36 AM
It all depends on how they fit your legs.

One option is to cut the toes off a pair of tube socks. Roll the socks
up and wear them like ankle bracelets. The rolled up socks stop the
pads from sliding down so far. There are other similar options as
well. Get creative.

Course buying armor that is long enough in the first place is going to
help more than hacks and fixes.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

kington99
March 4th 07, 10:52 AM
Yeah i always presumed that the velcro fasteners go on the outside, else
they all stick together when they walk along. I'm judging from your
avatar that you're fairly tall, but being a runner have thin legs so I
guess it's no surprise they slip. I wear high top boots for riding muni
and my pads basically sit on top of them so they can't slip down, might
be worth considering.

--
kington99

Dave

zfreak220
March 4th 07, 04:33 PM
actually, i was second shortest guy on the team ;)

--
zfreak220

howdigetsogood wrote:
> man i used to think scooters were totally lame, but after that 'video'
> (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57071), oh wait
> nevermind i still do.
zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

Google