PDA

View Full Version : considering a new unicycle....

xsunnyd591x
March 4th 07, 05:21 AM
i am currently riding on a 20" "cyclepro" unicycle that i have been
riding on for about 2 years. after stripping yet another crank from
pedal stalls, i have finally decided to move on and buy a new unicycle
to fit my needs.

the problem is i am only willing to spend about 100-150 on a new one.
i am getting into freestyle tricks and some mild trials tricks-but i
would like to start grinding.

i am considering the TORKER for 100 dollars on unicycle.com
a few of my friends have it and it seems to be holding up

is this the right unicycle to buy?
would a nimbus be better?
what is the difference between trials and freestyle unicycles?

-_*HELP!*_- :eek:

--
xsunnyd591x
xsunnyd591x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14470

mornish
March 4th 07, 05:39 AM
trials unicycles are used for trials, which is jumping from one thing to
another, riding on rails, street riding, and mountain riding if your
little.

a freestyle unicycle is for light, freestyle riding.

a trials unicycle would be better suited for grinds, stair jumps, and
"hardcore" stuff than a freestyle unicycle because it is splined.

trials unicycles also have 19" rims and 2.5" wide tires which is better
for jumps and hops because you can run a lower tire pressure than a 20"
skinny tire on freestyle unicycles.

I suggest getting a 'torker dx ' (http://tinyurl.com/2ncty5)$214 from
ebay, with about $30 shipping).

if you really can't afford it though, the 'torker lx '
(http://tinyurl.com/298xvm)is still okay, but it would be much more
prone to breaking( cranks bending, stripping, breaking, coming loose,
axle twisting ect, then the splined dx.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Evan wrote:
> Buy my wheel damnit

abbabibble
March 4th 07, 05:46 AM
mornish wrote:
> trials unicycles are used for trials, which is jumping from one thing to
> another, riding on rails, street riding, and mountain riding if your
> little.
>
> a freestyle unicycle is for light, freestyle riding.
>

> a trials unicycle would be better suited for grinds, stair jumps, and
> "hardcore" stuff than a freestyle unicycle because it is splined.
>

> trials unicycles also have 19" rims and 2.5" wide tires which is better
> for jumps and hops because you can run a lower tire pressure than a 20"
> skinny tire on freestyle unicycles.
>

> I suggest getting a 'torker dx ' (http://tinyurl.com/2ncty5)(about $220
> from ebay).
>

> if you really can't afford it though, the torker lx is still okay, but
> it would be much more prone to breaking( cranks bending, stripping,
> breaking, coming loose, axle twisting ect, then the splined dx.

not much else i can add at this point.
I myself am in the process of upgrading from my dx, but what i can say
is that it is an awesome first trials machine, and it will hold up to a
hell of a lot.

if you can stand it you could never upgrade again :p

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

uni_jim wrote:
> isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
> where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?;) :D

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON-->':eek: '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

mornish
March 4th 07, 05:49 AM
abbabibble wrote:
> not much else i can add at this point.
> I myself am in the process of upgrading from my dx, but what i can say
> is that it is an awesome first trials machine, and it will hold up to a
> hell of a lot.
>
> if you can stand it you could never upgrade again :p

I added some stuff, so yeah...

--

Evan wrote:
> Buy my wheel damnit

iridemymuni
March 4th 07, 06:29 AM
save up, get the DX.

Get the DX.

get it.

dont argue, just get it.

basically :P

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home