PDA

View Full Version : How Much Does a Koxx1 Steel Frame Weigh?

noibs
March 4th 07, 08:48 PM
Anyone know what a Koxx1 Steel Frame (Devil, Orange Bud, DH Pro) steel
frame weighs? It's not available on the K1 Web site.

Thanks.

--
noibs
noibs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14274

bobousse
March 4th 07, 09:54 PM
noibs wrote:
> Anyone know what a Koxx1 Steel Frame (Devil, Orange Bud, DH Pro) steel
> frame weighs? It's not available on the K1 Web site.
>
> Thanks.

It's available just look.... it weighs 739g

--
bobousse
bobousse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11961

thieum
March 4th 07, 10:06 PM
Most major frames have been weighed by this French shop, all of them on
the same scale :
http://tinyurl.com/2ky89x

For conversions from metric to Imperial, use google :
http://tinyurl.com/25td6h

--
thieum

'Selection of the best uni videos out there by Matayo'
(http://monomaniaque.free.fr/videosmono/)
' Requiem pour un Mono' (http://tinyurl.com/ras9l)
thieum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10189

noibs
March 4th 07, 11:43 PM
Yeah...you're right. It's on the K1 Web site. I was looking in the
tech specs instead of seeing the weight in the lower right side of the
page.

HOWEVER, the French site mentioned above lists the weight of K1 Devil
frame as 842 grams while the K1 site says 739 grams--a difference of
slightly less than 1/4 pound (3.6 ounces). On the other hand, the
French site weight for the XTP frame is virtually the same as the K1
site. The KH frame weights are also pretty close.

1/4 pound is not all that much, but it's the difference between a K1
"cheese hole" trials rim and the K1 solid, stronger, street rim.

Finally, the same French bike store list the weight of a complete K1
Devil at 5800 grams while K1 says 5700 grams--that same 1/4 pound
difference.

Bottom line--the K1 Devil frame is probably about 840 grams--not
terrible for a CrMo frame, but not KH light either.

--
noibs
noibs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14274

thieum
March 4th 07, 11:59 PM
you living in Colorado I see no advantage whatsoever to get a K1 CrMo
frame over a KH

--
thieum

'Selection of the best uni videos out there by Matayo'
(http://monomaniaque.free.fr/videosmono/)
' Requiem pour un Mono' (http://tinyurl.com/ras9l)
thieum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10189

Google