PDA

View Full Version : the lightest possible uni

skrobo
March 6th 07, 09:14 PM
im being a bit lazy and don't feel like figuring it out, so heres my
proposition, if you mix and match parts I think you could have an
ULTRALIGHT uni that is also plenty strong for your average rider.

lets say you take a KH frame and put it on a DX wheelset and
seat/seatpost(if it fits)

then you have a light, strong uni

but how much lighter than the stock DX? i know the information is out
there i just am too occupied to dig it all up.
just to keep it reasonable, leave the insane koxx frames out of this as
they are stupidly expensive.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Danni
March 6th 07, 09:25 PM
The stupidly expensive koxx frame are stupid and expensive. The xtp is
withing a few grams of the KH20, so go with that. You could do some
simple thing to make your uni lighter.
-Cut down on foam
-14g spokes
-CF seatbase and handle/bumper
-KH frame
-drilled rims, though not a good idea for big
-type of tube in you have
-aluminum or CF seat post
-KH cranks

If you have this set up, you could have a uni that weighs less than
5000g.

If you replace the torker frame with a KH, you'd only save a few
hundred grams. It is the set up that is light that makes a light set
up. ;)

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Evan Byrne
March 6th 07, 09:28 PM
Kh frame
kh hub
monty 221 Ti rim
Titanium spokes
alloy nipples
quax isis cranks
distortion pedals with that titanium spindle
carbon seat
aluminum seatpost

That should be a couple pounds lighter than a kh.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Evan Byrne
March 6th 07, 09:30 PM
Danni wrote:
> The stupidly expensive koxx frame are stupid and expensive. The xtp is
> withing a few grams of the KH20, so go with that. You could do some
> simple thing to make your uni lighter.
> -Cut down on foam
> -14g spokes
> -CF seatbase and handle/bumper
> -KH frame
> -drilled rims, though not a good idea for big
> -type of tube in you have
> -aluminum or CF seat post
> -KH cranks
>
> If you have this set up, you could have a uni that weighs less than
> 5000g.
>
> If you replace the torker frame with a KH, you'd only save a few
> hundred grams. It is the set up that is light that makes a light set
> up. ;)

Kh cranks are tanks, gota change those for weight savings.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Danni
March 6th 07, 09:31 PM
How wide is the Ti monty rim?

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Evan Byrne
March 6th 07, 09:35 PM
42mm i think. Check tartybikes

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Danni
March 6th 07, 09:39 PM
It comes in only 32 holes. That sucks.
If 32 holes are in the game, Echo has their rims at 50 grams lighter
than the Ti Monty, is 5mm wider, but
is 32 hole.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

mornish
March 6th 07, 09:42 PM
Danni wrote:
> The stupidly expensive koxx frame are stupid and expensive. The xtp is
> withing a few grams of the KH20, so go with that. You could do some
> simple thing to make your uni lighter.
> -Cut down on foam
> -14g spokes
> -CF seatbase and handle/bumper
> -KH frame
> -DRILLED RIMS, THOUGH NOT A GOOD IDEA FOR BIG
> -type of tube in you have
> -aluminum or CF seat post
> -KH cranks
>
> If you have this set up, you could have a uni that weighs less than
> 5000g.
>
> If you replace the torker frame with a KH, you'd only save a few
> hundred grams. It is the set up that is light that makes a light set
> up. ;)

what are you talking about?

Ryan Atkins has said that he thiks the drilled rims are alot stronger
than the non drilled ones.

also, the dx cranks are crazy heavy.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Evan wrote:
> Buy my wheel damnit

Danni
March 6th 07, 09:44 PM
Well if Atkins says it, I agree:)
That's good, as I was scare that my rim sucked.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

DustinSchaap
March 6th 07, 09:46 PM
It's all been pretty much said above, I don't agree with the Aluminium
seatpost ideas because they're too weak, and Carbon Fibre seatposts are
plain dumb, the weight you save on the seatpost is balanced by the
steel rail bracket you will need to put the saddle on. There's plenty
of weight in the frame so yeah, you could easily save on that, at the
moment the lightest TRIALS frame is the KH, somewhere around 570 grams
I think, the XTP is something like 650 grams and the oversized alloy
Qu-Ax is 750 grams, the heaviest aluminium frame I think but also the
strongest. I'm just going to be a little stupid and tell you to put the
Qu-Ax 24" race frame on haha, it's 430 grams, some Qu-Ax ISIS cranks,
any good ISIS hub (not Koxx), Wellgo magnesium pedals, the Monty Ti
rim, lightweight spokes, Creepy Crawler tire, light tube, CrMo seatpost
and a carbon seatbase, any low-profile foam, any handles.

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

mornish
March 6th 07, 09:47 PM
Danni wrote:
> Well if Atkins says it, I agree:)
> That's good, as I was scare that my rim sucked.

I personally, would rather have a wide, stable rim anyway.

--

Evan wrote:
> Buy my wheel damnit

NordicUni420
March 6th 07, 09:49 PM
c'mon guys, this ones obvious. but really, i have no idea.

|Filename: 12 incher.jpg |

NordicUni420

in lak'ech, i am another yourself.
NordicUni420's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12060

maestro8
March 6th 07, 09:50 PM
skrobo, damn right you're lazy... but your laziness is not helping you.
A quick search will get you much more information, much quicker, than
you'll get starting a new thread on this old, tired, beaten-to-death
topic.

read:
'I want my unicycle as light as possible'
'how heavy is your uni'
'DX frame is too heavy!!!'

Quit actin' like such a noob and search once in a while, eh?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire

iridemymuni
March 6th 07, 09:52 PM
well i'd cut the crap with the KH hub and cranks and go straight for
koxx-one hub and cranks.

the kh hub + 137 cranks are 8 grams heavier than the koxx-one
reinforced hub and cranks that are 140mm long.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Spencer Hochberg
March 6th 07, 09:56 PM
My new uni should be pretty light:
07 KH frame
07 KH rim
koxx hub/cranks (125mm)
creepy crawler
Hoffman pedals
carbon fiber seat
CF bumper
CF handle (deathgrip)
thin sliver of foam
probably a steel post now and a custom aluminum reinforced post later

Oh and most of those parts are orange so that makes it even better.
Should be all together at the end of this week or beginning of next
week.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

kington99
March 6th 07, 09:58 PM
hey what about if you put helium in the tube?

*ducks while forum regulars throw stuff at me*

--
kington99

Dave

Chris.James
March 6th 07, 10:07 PM
*chucks something heavy at Dave's head"

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
> Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
> riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
> to watch we don't land in dog poop.....
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

musketman
March 6th 07, 10:14 PM
no,no,no the lightest strongest uni is...

KH 07 frame
KH aluminum "traditional" seat post
KH 05 seat post clamp
KH seat with cut down foam
CF handle and bumper
CF seat base
KH 07 Rim
Titanium spokes 14 gauge
Profile Titanium axle/hub
Eastern bikes 48 spline Titanium cranks
CF or Titanium pedals
Creepy crawler tire if its a trials, Kenda Kinetics tire if its a Muni.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

maximus unius
March 6th 07, 10:22 PM
Bah, if you really want a light uni, who need seat foam? CF seat,
handle, bumper, no cover, aluminum of CF post, cut down as much as
possible, KH alu frame, profile titanium hub+cranks, mag pedals,
titanium spokes and niples, monty Ti rim, CC with helium and some
lightweight tube.

--
maximus unius

FatBoy-Dave wrote:
> I ride trials and street with a 25 year old and try to give him hell. I
> am not stopping till they start digging the hole and then I might even
> try to gap it.
maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

maximus unius
March 6th 07, 10:28 PM
CF seat, handle, bumper, aluminum of CF post, , KH alu frame, profile
titanium hub+cranks (cut down and rewelded (well) to correct length,
mag pedals, titanium spokes and niples, monty Ti rim, CC and some
lightweight tube.

Now you get to the light freak part. Who needs seat foam? Out the
window. How 'bout a cover? Nope, out the window. Cut down your post,
make sure to get it in 22.2, shim down the frame if need be. Weight
will even out to be less between smaller post and shims. Cut down the
frame neck. Get the KH '05 clamp or similar. All the pins in those
pedals? Get them in aluminum. Take them out in one side, and just make
sure you always ride with the pinned side. Helium in the tire. Finaly,
strip off all the paint.

There is pretty much the lightests uni possible without compromising
strength too much.

--
maximus unius

FatBoy-Dave wrote:
> I ride trials and street with a 25 year old and try to give him hell. I
> am not stopping till they start digging the hole and then I might even
> try to gap it.
maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

Evan Byrne
March 6th 07, 10:29 PM
There are no titanium hubs.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

musketman
March 6th 07, 10:32 PM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> There are no titanium hubs.

But there is titanium spindles and cranks, but your still right, the Ti
spindles are actually not long enouph to fit right for uni's. So take
that off the list, your just gonna have to use steel.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

jagur
March 6th 07, 10:45 PM
im following you ;)

that thread was alot of fun.

--
jagur

theres enough BS in life, without mobius contributing.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Chris.James
March 6th 07, 10:53 PM
maximus unius wrote:
> CF seat, handle, bumper, aluminum of CF post, , KH alu frame, profile
> titanium hub+cranks (cut down and rewelded (well) to correct length,
> mag pedals, titanium spokes and niples, monty Ti rim, CC and some
> lightweight tube.
>
> Now you get to the light freak part. Who needs seat foam? Out the
> window. How 'bout a cover? Nope, out the window. Cut down your post,
> make sure to get it in 22.2, shim down the frame if need be. Weight
> will even out to be less between smaller post and shims. Cut down the
> frame neck. Get the KH '05 clamp or similar. All the pins in those
> pedals? Get them in aluminum. Take them out in one side, and just make
> sure you always ride with the pinned side. Helium in the tire. Finaly,
> strip off all the paint.
>
> There is pretty much the lightests uni possible without compromising
> strength too much.

who needs a tire? or a frame? or bearings for that matter? a hub? hell
no! spokes, why would you even want them? no rims here! also, who wants
pedals or cranks?

--

dforbes wrote:
> Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
> riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
> to watch we don't land in dog poop.....
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

smcmorrow
March 6th 07, 11:00 PM
Tubeless BC wheel.

Or at least a tubeless trials uni, that could save some weight. and
make your tire really bald.

--
smcmorrow

\"It's knot gonna make it!\" -threeinchtire
smcmorrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10881

skrobo
March 6th 07, 11:04 PM
smcmorrow wrote:
> Tubeless BC wheel.
>
> Or at least a tubeless trials uni, that could save some weight. and
> make your tire really bald.

or not....

--
skrobo

Evan Byrne wrote:
> There are no titanium hubs.

Ah, my mistake. Fine, the steel hub.

--
maximus unius

FatBoy-Dave wrote:
> I ride trials and street with a 25 year old and try to give him hell. I
> am not stopping till they start digging the hole and then I might even
> try to gap it.
maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

skrobo
March 6th 07, 11:31 PM
maximus unius wrote:
> Ah, my mistake. Fine, the steel hub.

i'll take the aluminum one comparable in strength :)

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

GhettoSmurf
March 7th 07, 12:00 AM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> Kh frame
> kh hub
> monty 221 Ti rim
> Titanium spokes
> alloy nipples
> quax isis cranks
> distortion pedals with that titanium spindle
> carbon seat
> aluminum seatpost
>

> That should be a couple pounds lighter than a kh.

Never mix titanium spokes and alloy nipples.
Titaniam is know for its abiliity to flex
Alloy is known to be very verry stiff.
result= you will pop nipples of on almost everyride.

If you EVER use Ti spokes you NEED to use LONG BRASS nipples. Always.

for longtivity you should always use brass nipples anyway.

seriously. use brass nipples, for any wheel build. It's worth the
weight and $.
(and i am very much a weight weine)

Also Ti spokes are kinda dumb, because you can get stronger and lighter
sappum spokes.

I think the ultimate light uni would be
KH hub
qu-ax cranks
monty 221 Ti rim
Sappium race or stronglight spokes
Brass nipps
SWallis seat/ thomson Masterpiece seatpost
Kh/ koxx xtp frame.
Welgo magnesium ti spindle pedals (in white :) )
whatever the lightest mod tire is??

--
GhettoSmurf

http://willowglenbicycles.com/index.cfm[/URL]
GhettoSmurf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11929

Evan Byrne
March 7th 07, 12:17 AM
Where are these "Sappum or Sappium" spokes that are lighter than
titanium spokes?

On danscomp "Sapim" DB spokes are 7.2oz and titanium are 3oz.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

maximus unius
March 7th 07, 01:10 AM
skrobo wrote:
> i'll take the aluminum one comparable in strength :)

The axle is CrMo, the hub is aluminum.

--
maximus unius

FatBoy-Dave wrote:
> I ride trials and street with a 25 year old and try to give him hell. I
> am not stopping till they start digging the hole and then I might even
> try to gap it.
maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

unicyclepa
March 7th 07, 01:13 AM
> Where are these "Sappum or Sappium" spokes that are lighter than
> titanium spokes?
>

> On danscomp "Sapim" DB spokes are 7.2oz and titanium are 3oz.

hahaha he likes to make stuff up. And he works at a bike shop so he
must be right

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Hazmat
March 7th 07, 01:15 AM

I think this might happen. :D :D :D http://tinyurl.com/2u2jy2

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

skilewis74
March 7th 07, 01:31 AM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> Where are these "Sappum or Sappium" spokes that are lighter than
> titanium spokes?
>

> On danscomp "Sapim" DB spokes are 7.2oz and titanium are 3oz.

'Sapim' (http://tinyurl.com/2a6h9c)

I can't find their spokes
http://www.stronglight.com/stronglight/accueil.php

--
skilewis74

skilewis74
March 7th 07, 01:37 AM
musketman wrote:
> no,no,no the lightest strongest uni is...
>
> KH 07 frame
> KH aluminum "traditional" seat post
> KH 05 seat post clamp
> KH seat with cut down foam
> CF handle and bumper
> CF seat base
> KH 07 Rim
> Titanium spokes 14 gauge
> Profile Titanium axle/hub
> Eastern bikes 48 spline Titanium cranks
> CF or Titanium pedals
> Creepy crawler tire if its a trials, Kenda Kinetics tire if its a Muni.

I think this would be about as light as you could get, but reinforce
the seatpost and KH isis hub/cranks. I've heard the Koxx cranks bend
just as often as the '05 KH/Onza's.

Or use a Wallis base and cf post.

Edit: I don't think they make cf or titanium platform pedals. Go Welgo
MG1 pedals

--
skilewis74

Spencer Hochberg
March 7th 07, 01:40 AM
skilewis74 wrote:
> I've heard the Koxx cranks bend just as often as the '05 KH/Onza's.

Maybe the street cranks but the reinforced ones are strong.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

skrobo
March 7th 07, 01:45 AM
a guy at the lbs uses some plastic pedals that kick arse and last him a
year, and he has broken metal platform pedals in 1 day.
and those plastic pedals are superultra light and cheap.
so put a titanium spindle in there.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

cafi
March 7th 07, 01:47 AM
What about new materials, just wondering. Like titanium or carbon
fiber... It‘d be expensive for sure, but who knows...

--
cafi
cafi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11205

GhettoSmurf
March 7th 07, 02:41 AM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> Where are these "Sappum or Sappium" spokes that are lighter than
> titanium spokes?
>

> On danscomp "Sapim" DB spokes are 7.2oz and titanium are 3oz.

First of all Both those weights are wrong. Sapim is lighter than that,
and Ti is heavier.

secondly, not sure if you noticed but on Danscomp they sell (and weigh)
ti spokes in sets of 25
and sapim in quantities of 50!

Also those are just for the basic DB sapim spokes

The CX ray, and laser are lighter than those Ti spokes
The race spokes are just under.
and the strong spokes are just a little bit heavier.

--
GhettoSmurf

http://willowglenbicycles.com/index.cfm[/URL]
GhettoSmurf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11929

skilewis74
March 7th 07, 02:52 AM
cafi wrote:
> What about new materials, just wondering. Like titanium or carbon
> fiber... It‘d be expensive for sure, but who knows...

I belive both Dan Heaton and Zack Baldwin, in Defect, have custom
titanium frames made by bedford.

--
skilewis74

madmattunipro
March 7th 07, 04:41 AM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> Oh and most of those parts are orange so that makes it even better.

Oh heck yes. Orange Unicycles rule.

But really, is saving a couple of grams here and there really going to
make that much of a difference? Yes, light is nice, and yes, the small
savings add up, but maybe we should all go out and ride instead of
arguing about which parts are better or lighter or whatever. Any high
quality unicycle out there is light enough already. Besides,
ultralight=ultra expensive.

Titanium frames would be nice to see more, but once again, they are
expensive and at this point there is still a fairly small market for
really expensive unicycle specific gear.

--
madmattunipro

><>Unicycle For Christ<><

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763

Tigger
March 7th 07, 02:50 PM
My Lightest 24" muni idea would be:
K.H. aluminum anodized frame
Thomson masterpiece seatpost
Scott Wallis Carbon seat base,bumper,death grip handle
K.H. freeride seat cusion w/ cover
profile hub w/ Ti spindle upgrade
profile Magnitanium 165mm crank arms
syncros magnesium pedals
d.t. swiss double butted spokes (as light as Ti but stronger for that
application)
Surly L.M. rim drilled
specialized 24x3.0 D.H. tube
Halo contra tire 3.0 (same as duro)
brake hs 33 w/ S. Wallis lever, and Goodridge cables
This is my Idea of the perfect light yet durrable muni.

--
Tigger

Ride it like you stole it from someone who didn't know how to use it!
Tigger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8877

[...]

rogeratunicycledotcom
March 7th 07, 06:43 PM
I win. :-)

|Filename: keyringtemp.jpg |

rogeratunicycledotcom

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Raggypants
March 7th 07, 07:18 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
> I win. :-)

Hands Down.

--
Raggypants
Raggypants's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14267

johnfoss
March 7th 07, 07:21 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
> I win. :-)

I've got you beat, but I'm not at home to upload pictures. I had some
Chuck Harris "jewelry unicycles." These were made of gold or silver
wire, with actual tiny spokes and wheels that turned. The biggest one I
had was with a 1" wheel. I gave them away to various females over the
years. They were very light.

The keychain unicycles are cute, but don't ever put one in your pocket;
it won't survive! Better to hang it from rearview mirror or similar.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

kington99
March 7th 07, 07:30 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
> I win. :-)

I find it ironic that the guy who designed and owns what is probably
the lightest muni frame in the world wins by sleight.

--
kington99

Dave

Jim
March 7th 07, 07:41 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
> I win. :-)

If you removed the chain and metal ring it would weigh even less.

jim

--
Jim
Jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9416

tobbogonist
March 7th 07, 09:53 PM
THe lightest uni i have ever ridden was a combination of parts. I used
my old nimbus wheelset, with my KH 07 frame and shimmed my old learner
seatpost on with what is left of its seat.

and plastic pedals :)

--
tobbogonist

THOM
tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

rogeratunicycledotcom
March 8th 07, 12:04 AM
Actually that was my heavy, lightest unicycle. This is my lightest
lightest. :-)

|Filename: pendantsmall1.jpg |

rogeratunicycledotcom

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

skrobo
March 8th 07, 03:27 AM
hahhaha
mine is so much lighter than that, it is imaginary.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

captainkrunk61
March 8th 07, 04:44 AM
I think, -I win-
[image: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8739/lighestunieverao8.jpg]

--
captainkrunk61
captainkrunk61's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13765

Hazmat
March 8th 07, 05:50 AM
I think behind your right hand, you're holding what
rogeratunicycledotcom just posted. :D :D :D :D

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different :D
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

mafiamike
March 10th 07, 05:48 PM
Just quit being a pussy and ride a heavy unicycle.

--
mafiamike
mafiamike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13737

Google