PDA

View Full Version : Third issue of Uni and impending price increase for US

mikepenton
March 7th 07, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone,

We have been working on the spring issue of Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
and it will be out at the printers at the end of the month. It promises
to be a great issue with features on extreme unicycling in New Zealand,
India, cold weather riding and a group test on the latest innovations
in commuter lighting technology.

As usual we will let you know when your copies have been mailed.

***special advance warning for US readers***

Due to exchange rate fluctuations we are being forced to increase our
subscription price to $72 and a single copy price to $12.
WE WILL NOT INCREASE THE US PRICE UNTIL AFTER THE 23RD OF MARCH. you
have been warned...

Mike Penton
Publisher
Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
www.unicyclemagazine.com

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
them from the 23rd onward has to pay the extra?

--
maximus unius

FatBoy-Dave wrote:
> I ride trials and street with a 25 year old and try to give him hell. I
> am not stopping till they start digging the hole and then I might even
> try to gap it.
> them from the 23rd onward has to pay the extra?

The latter. You've already paid US$60 so you don't have to pay any more
- anyone subscribing or buying a single copy after the 23rd March 2006
will have to pay the higher price. We thought it would be nice to give
a little warning.
Mike

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
> them from the 23rd onward has to pay the extra?

That doesn't seem right to charge an *additional* fee if you've
*already* paid the initial subscription. That would be like slapping a
rate increase on your homeowner's insurance *during* the policy period.

After the paid subscription either lapses or is renewed can price
increases be levied. Once you pay for something *in full*, and in *good
faith*, you should not be expected to pay one cent more...you're
"locked in" at that rate.

I know some piano technicians that give a slight discount if a client
pays for 3 or more tunings in advance. Once the customer pays in full
for these future tunings, the technician wouldn't be justified, in any
way, to try to collect more money from the customer, sighting a price
increase because of whatever. AGain, once you've paid IN FULL for goods
and/or services, your locked in.

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

FlyByWire
March 7th 07, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the warning! I've been buying them one issue at a time, but
took the 6-issue plunge today to avoid the impending increase. It's a
great magazine. Thanks for all your effort!

Cheers,
Aaron

--
FlyByWire

Eddbmxdude
March 8th 07, 07:02 AM
mikepenton wrote:
> after the 23rd March 2006
>
> Mike

did you mean that, or this:

23rd March 2007?

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

mikepenton
March 8th 07, 07:18 AM
Eddbmxdude wrote:
> did you mean that, or this:
>
> 23rd March 2007?
>

> Rock on!
> Edd

ahem... yes - 2007! thanks Edd!

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

Eddbmxdude
March 8th 07, 07:27 AM
mikepenton wrote:
> ahem... yes - 2007! thanks Edd!

He He!
No worries!

Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home