PDA

View Full Version : Two riders needed for Canadian Luxury 24-hr US team

steveyo
March 7th 07, 03:11 PM
Hey all you Muni freaks! We need two more riders to round out our 24hr
Muni team for the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" race. The Canada
guys have their 5 riders, but the US team only has 3 riders confirmed
so far.

'Here's Brian MacKenzie's thread'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55729) which has all
the details, and 'here's the website' (http://wowmtb.com/) of the race
itself (click the "Events" button).

It's being held about an hour North of Toronto at the 'Mansfield
Outdoor Centre' (http://www.mansfieldoutdoorcentre.ca/), and it's
billed as a very *luxurious* 24hr race. Gourmet meals, deluxe cabins
for each team, and, perhaps best of all, a very *limited field of 25
teams*, so not so many of the funky two-wheeled thingies to get in the
way (of). This should be a fantastic time for all involved, as past
participants will attest.

For the US team we have Adam Cohen from LI, a muni-coker-riding animal.
We have Roland Kays, just a plain old animal. And me (Steve Relles),
the weak link, but not actually that weak. We'd love to beat some bike
teams, and, of course the Canadian Uni team, too!

So come-on, folks! How about some of you Cali guys - it's worth a
fly-in! How bout some of you guys from VA or TX? NJ and PA ? What
about you Mainers?

Let's ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK, Muni-folks!

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)

Brian MacKenzie
March 7th 07, 10:03 PM
don't have enough riders, eh?

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVDs now available from www.LBMmultimedia.com :
'NAUCC 2006' (http://tinyurl.com/lrvln)
'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

steveyo
March 7th 07, 10:16 PM
I guess we could do it with three, or we could poach one of your
teammates. We could also just make Roland ride extra, which would be
our best bet.

Problems - legs too tired to be as fast as TeamCanada, more expensive,
not enough sleep...

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)

unipsychler
March 10th 07, 04:33 AM
I'm in baby! I don't know what unicycle I'll be riding yet but I just
cleared my schedule for that weekend. Steveyo, I promise I won't talk
politics or religion. We'll get along like peas and carrots.

Anybody interested in carpooling?

--
unipsychler

Interested in learning to ride the unicycle QUICKLY AND SAFELY? Or how
about getting one of the coolest uni t-shirts around? Check out my
website at www.ridetheunicycle.com
unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338

Brian MacKenzie
March 10th 07, 04:37 AM
unipsychler wrote:
> I'm in baby!

That's fantastic!

you need to paypal me $170cdn at onewheel - at - rogers - dot - com in
order to lock in your position, as i need to pay for both teams in full
before the race, as indicated in this thread:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55729

you are going to have a great time!!

(one more american, and tim can go solo, giving us can vs us teams :)
)

brian

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVDs now available from www.LBMmultimedia.com :
'NAUCC 2006' (http://tinyurl.com/lrvln)
'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

steveyo
March 10th 07, 01:48 PM
unipsychler wrote:
> I'm in baby! I don't know what unicycle I'll be riding yet but I just
> cleared my schedule for that weekend. Steveyo, I promise I won't talk
> politics or religion. We'll get along like peas and carrots.
>
> Anybody interested in carpooling?

*FIRST - US GUYS - REMEMBER YOUR PASSPORT!!*

Awesome Gregg! I'll make the same promise. Peas and carrots, baby.

I'm not sure the fastest way for you or Adam is through Albany.
GoogleMaps says you two should go though PA and hit the NYS Thruway in
Syracuse. If Albany's what you decide, talk to Adam about getting up
to here. If either of you two has a big enough vehicle, Roland and I
can jump in. Either that, or we'll take two vehicles. If we want to,
I may have a buddy we can stay with in Buffalo on Friday night, then
cruise the last two hours to the race Saturday morning.

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
> (one more american, and tim can go solo, giving us can vs us teams

Right - you have 6 Canadians. We (the US guys) can ride with four if
Tim wants to go solo.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home