PDA

View Full Version : New Fliptrick - Blind Treyflip

president_luke
March 8th 07, 06:30 AM
Yeah.

--
president_luke

www.team-insania.com
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

Jerrick
March 8th 07, 06:31 AM
No vid? =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

president_luke
March 8th 07, 06:35 AM
Yeah, no camera. Just imagine... a normal treyflip.

--
president_luke

www.team-insania.com
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

Danni
March 8th 07, 06:37 AM
I feel like a spiritualist now.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Spencer Hochberg
March 8th 07, 06:48 AM
Wow, thats pretty crazy.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

tomtrevor
March 8th 07, 09:18 AM
That is indeed pretty crazy, almost as crazy as a blind trey fakieflip:D

--
tomtrevor

01010100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100101
01110110 01101111 01110010
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
><>WHEEL WALK ON WATER<><
BLUEGREENORANGEBLACKPURPLEREDWHITEYELLOW
Thanks to my sponsers: my mum
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)'n'
(http://www.adcott.net/binary/)'d'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)'i'
(http://www.virtualgravy.com/)'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)'k'
(http://www.cheaphumor.com/)'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

unifreak7
March 8th 07, 03:16 PM
Are you serious? (Not about the trick, but you posted a thread strickly
on it without a vid to back it up). Plus I know I told you I was going
to bust that. So you went and did it, and posted a thread WITHOUT a
clip, just so what, you would get the credit incase I did hit it, and
release a video for it (Flip vid #2). Dude, that's sad.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. Jeleous, hardly, please save yourself time and don't go there.
I've bust 7-8 brand new tricks for this video, did not start a thread
about them at all. If I want to learn that trick, i'll learn it, don't
worry about it, I took it off my list since I had other tricks to bust.

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

Lucas1wheel
March 8th 07, 05:53 PM
ding ding 1st round lol

--
Lucas1wheel

Lucas1Wheel -I am really up for S.L.U.T.S
MrBoogieJuice -Keep it to yourself thankyou very much.

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!! You kick ass.
I smell....of peaches
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

skianduniaddict
March 8th 07, 07:47 PM
dont mess wit S J

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
> skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
> -Shaun JOhanneson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

president_luke
March 8th 07, 07:52 PM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Are you serious? (Not about the trick, but you posted a thread strickly
> on it without a vid to back it up). Plus I know I told you I was going
> to bust that. So you went and did it, and posted a thread WITHOUT a
> clip, just so what, you would get the credit incase I did hit it, and
> release a video for it (Flip vid #2). Dude, that's sad.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson
>
> p.s. Jeleous, hardly, please save yourself time and don't go there.
> I've bust 7-8 brand new tricks for this video, did not start a thread
> about them at all. If I want to learn that trick, i'll learn it, don't
> worry about it, I took it off my list since I had other tricks to bust.

Ok, I don't think you ever told me you were planning on doing that. I
didn't think anyone had even thought about it.

I will release a video eventually, I just felt like telling people.

If it's that important to you, I wont take credit until I release a
video.

Luke

--
president_luke

www.team-insania.com
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

General Dibbles
March 8th 07, 09:32 PM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Are you serious? (Not about the trick, but you posted a thread strickly
> on it without a vid to back it up). Plus I know I told you I was going
> to bust that. So you went and did it, and posted a thread WITHOUT a
> clip, just so what, you would get the credit incase I did hit it, and
> release a video for it (Flip vid #2). Dude, that's sad.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson
>
> p.s. Jeleous, hardly, please save yourself time and don't go there.
> I've bust 7-8 brand new tricks for this video, did not start a thread
> about them at all. If I want to learn that trick, i'll learn it, don't
> worry about it, I took it off my list since I had other tricks to bust.

sounds like jealousy to me

--
General Dibbles

REVENGE INDUSTRIES
www.torkerusa.com
General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

iridemymuni
March 8th 07, 09:36 PM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Are you serious? (Not about the trick, but you posted a thread strickly
> on it without a vid to back it up). Plus I know I told you I was going
> to bust that. So you went and did it, and posted a thread WITHOUT a
> clip, just so what, you would get the credit incase I did hit it, and
> release a video for it (Flip vid #2). Dude, that's sad.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson
>
> p.s. Jeleous, hardly, please save yourself time and don't go there.
> I've bust 7-8 brand new tricks for this video, did not start a thread
> about them at all. If I want to learn that trick, i'll learn it, don't
> worry about it, I took it off my list since I had other tricks to bust.

He's 15, your 18, your supposed to be a role model and your looking
like a right ass at the moment, cut him some slack, so what if he got
it before you did? nobodies going to lose any sleep over it.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

tobbogonist
March 8th 07, 09:43 PM
please post a vid, i was up all night worrying about it..

Sean, if i told you i was going to bust a new trick, would that stop
you from doing it?

Hey Luke i am coming to Melbourne soon and am looking foreward to
seeing it in real life :)

--
tobbogonist

THOM
tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

thejdw
March 8th 07, 09:49 PM
skianduniaddict wrote:
> dont mess wit S J

Yeah I agree, but you can push Shaun Johanneson around! :p

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Spencer Hochberg
March 8th 07, 09:54 PM

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47496
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52067

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Jerrick
March 8th 07, 10:03 PM
General Dibbles wrote:
> sounds like jealousy to me

+1

Seriously who cares. You said you were gonna get it, but then someone
else got it. The end.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

skianduniaddict
March 8th 07, 10:21 PM
why would one of the best, if not _the_ best, street unicyclist who ever
lived be jealous of a 15 year old nobody

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
> skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
> -Shaun JOhanneson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

unifreak7
March 8th 07, 10:25 PM
Yo, to me it shows you as vain and too exciteable. Wow you did one try
good job, should you be proud yes, should you be publicly proud, eeee,
not sure on that one. At least I think less of you about that. but oh
well. I'm just sick of how a lot of unicyclists treat me, and acts like
this provoke it. You probably don't understand my angle, but I don't
really care either.

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

uni.rider.13
March 8th 07, 10:33 PM

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47496
> http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52067

haha +1 for spencers post

--
uni.rider.13

Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
nuts.:confused:

My 'Gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/y3k57x)

Hey!!! Go and see my new website. 'unicycleaustin.741.com'
(http://unicycleaustin.741.com/index.html)
uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011

maximus unius
March 8th 07, 10:40 PM

From another one of Shaun's posts wrote:
> He's kinda vain (but who am I to talk right?)

amanda.gallacher
March 8th 07, 10:47 PM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Are you serious? (Not about the trick, but you posted a thread strickly
> on it without a vid to back it up). Plus I know I told you I was going
> to bust that. So you went and did it, and posted a thread WITHOUT a
> clip, just so what, you would get the credit incase I did hit it, and
> release a video for it (Flip vid #2). Dude, that's sad.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson
>
> p.s. Jeleous, hardly, please save yourself time and don't go there.
> I've bust 7-8 brand new tricks for this video, did not start a thread
> about them at all. If I want to learn that trick, i'll learn it, don't
> worry about it, I took it off my list since I had other tricks to bust.

lol.

Good job on new trick Luke, sounds good.

--
amanda.gallacher

-->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

Smilymarco wrote:
> its just too small
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

muzzle
March 8th 07, 10:49 PM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Yo, to me it shows you as vain and too exciteable. Wow you did one try
> good job, should you be proud yes, should you be publicly proud, eeee,
> not sure on that one. At least I think less of you about that. but oh
> well. I'm just sick of how a lot of unicyclists treat me, and acts like
> this provoke it. You probably don't understand my angle, but I don't
> really care either.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson

-3 fo SJ
+654 for Pres.Luke

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3)
http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3
my website: '!muzzle!' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr)
http://www.muzzle.co.nr
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Danni
March 8th 07, 10:53 PM
Shaun is my hero, and Luke is now as well. Let's just be heroes and get
along.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Mikeswarbrick
March 8th 07, 10:59 PM
Calm down guys, obviously some of you don't know about some tricks.

If someone had beaten me to a tripleback I would have been ****ed. I
think Shaun just kinda thought Luke was trying to get at him for
landing it first.

I hope Shaun isn't jealous, he has no reason to be, Shauns landed
almost all of the tricks first in the world haha.

And yeah, awesome trick Luke, post a vid.

Mike

--
Mikeswarbrick

'Thats a very large achievement, keep it up and women will think you're
compensating for something'
Mikeswarbrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14276

Danni
March 8th 07, 11:01 PM
Your also my hero for landing the 3riple!
I can understand why SJ is ****ed... Where is the footage to back up
such a schaweet trick?

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'-->Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

pete66
March 8th 07, 11:03 PM
president_luke wrote:
> Yeah.

:eek: Cool, grats.

BTW I think Luke comes across in his vids as chilled out and humble.

--
pete66

*Apparently during dinner the elk had drunk a lot of beer and fell down
the stairs, and died* -Tycho's Elk
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Jerrick
March 8th 07, 11:05 PM
I wouldnt be ****ed at all, maybe discouraged in myself for not working
harder on a trick or line to get it done faster, but not ****ed.

Now to wait for that vid, and Shauns new flip vid, both are gonna be
sweet. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

chester1234
March 8th 07, 11:10 PM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Are you serious? (Not about the trick, but you posted a thread strickly
> on it without a vid to back it up)

Are you saying that if he did post a video you wouldn't be ****ed.

I don't see how it would make that much of a difference.

--
chester1234

<< Add me to msn if you wish

'**Best Show EVER**' (http://www.dragonballz.com/)
chester1234's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13698

Chris.James
March 8th 07, 11:18 PM
chester1234 wrote:
> Are you saying that if he did post a video you wouldn't be ****ed.
>
> I don't see how it would make that much of a difference.

cause at least then it would have some support. This right now he is
just claiming it, there is no actual proof. I could say that i landed a
docedeca flip, but that doenst make it true

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
> Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
> riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
> to watch we don't land in dog poop.....
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

pete66
March 8th 07, 11:23 PM
Chris.James wrote:
> cause at least then it would have some support. This right now he is
> just claiming it, there is no actual proof. I could say that i landed a
> docedeca flip, but that doenst make it true

Everyone believes that he did it. People just like to see it coz they
like to see it.

--
pete66

*Apparently during dinner the elk had drunk a lot of beer and fell down
the stairs, and died* -Tycho's Elk
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

unifreak7
March 9th 07, 02:36 AM
Actually both those links Spencer advertised something else. Kinda makes
them pointless. First one was saying Jerad Glatt landing the Dub flip
(at the time people were curious to whom was landing that trick,
reasonable then), the hickdouble was a side item (side keep that in
mind man, since this thread has one point to it). Second thread also
more of an advertisement to the Maps Pilf video. (Put your best point
against me, I guess I was a newbie back then)

This is way i'm upset.
I held Luke as a good rider in my mind, He was up there. But what he
did here is a newbie movie (no insult to newbies). When riders get good
they keep there new tricks secret until they can release it in a video
to entertain, SURPRISE, and impress. (That's what should happen) What
Luke did was sad, he boasted a trick without footage (Footage makes it
alittle better, but still make a video, you're good enough to get some
footage in a few days). That way it makes you seem even better. Like
"Hey, I invented a new trick, but no big, i'll do an entire film before
I release it since I'm that chill about my skill." And not VAIN about
one's skill. Am I vain about my skill? Maybe, I think I suck over here,
and my consistence is no where it should be.

I'm ****ed since he's good enough to put out a film for all to enjoy,
not boast up one trick. I thought he was just better than that. I feel
used.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. At the beginning of this thread someone spelt my name "sean", I
thought it was funny. I know he did that to try to make me mad, I call
them subtle insults, ways of feeling bigger and better than someone
without actually putting them down. I know you know how to spell my
name, everyone will agree it's everywhere where I post. I see through
that my friend. (Look I did it in this p.s. Since I didn't take the
time to actually find out who did it, insulting him, since it's not
worth my time ;))

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

Spencer Hochberg
March 9th 07, 02:55 AM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Actually both those links Spencer advertised something else. Kinda makes
> them pointless. First one was saying Jerad Glatt landing the Dub flip
> (at the time people were curious to whom was landing that trick,
> reasonable then), the hickdouble was a side item (side keep that in
> mind man, since this thread has one point to it). Second thread also
> more of an advertisement to the Maps Pilf video. (Put your best point
> against me, I guess I was a newbie back then)

I am not trying to make you look bad, I just thought those threads were
similar. Even if you didn't make that doubleflip thread only to say you
landed the hickdouble, you still announced it without footage and isn't
that partially why you are ****ed now?

I don't think you should be ****ed because Luke wanted to tell people
he learned something new. It is not like he is able to make a big movie
like you to show all his new stuff all at once because he doesn't have
a camera.

A lot of people ride for fun and aren't always working on making vids,
I like to know what people are up to even if they aren't filming
everything they do for a big movie.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Evan Byrne
March 9th 07, 06:23 AM
No vid no care.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

adam.mc37
March 9th 07, 06:38 AM
Us unicyclists are all we got, I get enough verbal negativity from non
riders during the day. I don't want to have to see it amongst our niche
group >_> Besides unicyclists arguing over who did what first is sorta
like ...clowns beating eachother with nerf bats =D

--
adam.mc37

http://tinyurl.com/yrqth4 The Gallery!
adam.mc37's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14161

cruisecontrol
March 9th 07, 07:08 AM
adam.mc37 wrote:
> Us unicyclists are all we got, I get enough verbal negativity from non
> riders during the day. I don't want to have to see it amongst our niche
> group >_> Besides unicyclists arguing over who did what first is sorta
> like ...clowns beating eachother with nerf bats =D

well said my man

--
cruisecontrol
cruisecontrol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10970

edsbelly
March 9th 07, 07:52 AM
Luke.

Look what you've done. You're a terrible person and I hate you.

..

But not really.

Can't wait 'til we ride again.

I miss you.. lol

Ed!

Oh and well done with the blind trey.

--
edsbelly

www.team-insania.com
Max's #1 fan
Stayin' Single and Keepin' it Wheel (but not 2 wheel)

mawesome wrote:
> keven, now comes with SPF30+ to protect your skin from harmful rays
> while it moisturises.

Fork+Shoe=Spleen
edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

pete66
March 9th 07, 09:01 AM
Shaun, take a deep breath, this isn't attack, just an opinion. You do
too much talking and not enough listening. He doesn't have a camera so
he can't post vids. You've created something out of nothing here with
your judgemental bullsh*t (again).

Luke mentioned a new and amazing trick he's just landed and now you
talk about him like "he used to be a good rider". What the hell? This
thread was fine until you came along, it was the ONLY one I clicked on
in the entire list because it was the ONLY one I was interested in.

"When riders get good they keep there new tricks secret until they can
release it in a video"

That's definitely not a rule and I suggest you put that fantasy to
rest.

And another thing, people call you "Sean" to mess with you? How is it
that you don't notice your own weird spelling? You spelt jealous, like
"jeleous"... wtf, does that look ok to you? And look at how you use
"there".

Patronizing lesson 101:

"there" = "look over there, some unicyclists".

"their" = "their skills are good" (understand, their = belong to them)

the other ones to remember:

they're and there's. Short for "they are" and "there is".

Their skills are good, if they keep getting better they're gonna win
when they go over there to Unicon.

Yeah. But really, I think Shaun should probably apologise for what he's
said coz it's not really called for. Luke doesn't deserve to be in your
bad books because he said 5 words... it's not like he was screaming at
a camera and running around celebrating... coz that could be
misunderstood as arrogant and excitable, right?

--
pete66

*Apparently during dinner the elk had drunk a lot of beer and fell down
the stairs, and died* -Tycho's Elk
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

francisco
March 9th 07, 12:55 PM
congrats to luke!!

I`m ALWAYS glad to read someone landed a new trick. Luke must have felt
really good for landing it and wanted to post right on time. good for
him!!

ROCK ON LUKE!!

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

johnathon_smith2
March 9th 07, 01:40 PM
cranky suan johenson needs to settle down.

well done luke, looking forward to seeing the trick.

--
johnathon_smith2
johnathon_smith2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12959

unifreak7
March 9th 07, 01:45 PM
Pete66, you forget AGAIN, informal thread. I care not 4 my speling eye
use. Git it? I won't apologize. I know where i'm coming from, and I
really thought this sport was farther (actually it's further, wanna
know why?) along then (actually it's than) it is. You can like me or
not, I think I may (you can also you might) be the only unicyclists
with an attitude in the world. I like riders with an attitude, gives
them more style (Keaton Miller has an attitude about this too, but he
doesn't post.) Laters. It's not even about the trick anymore, it's
about the boast nature I thought Luke was past.

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

johnathon_smith2
March 9th 07, 01:57 PM
all it seems to me is that your worried lukes gona take your place or
sumthing, hes getting pretty good you know, and id much rather watch
his stuff becos its alot different to the stuff we see everyday from
you, he has flow!

--
johnathon_smith2
johnathon_smith2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12959

francisco
March 9th 07, 02:08 PM
unifreak7 wrote:
> Pete66, you forget AGAIN, informal thread. I care not 4 my speling eye
> use. Git it? I won't apologize. I know where i'm coming from, and I
> really thought this sport was farther (actually it's further, wanna
> know why?) along then (actually it's than) it is. You can like me or
> not, I think I may (you can also you might) be the only unicyclists
> with an attitude in the world. I like riders with an attitude, gives
> them more style (Keaton Miller has an attitude about this too, but he
> doesn't post.) Laters. It's not even about the trick anymore, it's
> about the boast nature I thought Luke was past.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson

in what sense do you affirme that hiding the tricks for a late big
video that should wow everybody out is having attitude an not doing it
is not having?

unless you intent to sell those videos, then you would have a
commercial attitude, I don`t see why you are so edgy on this.

you are a great rider man. don`t need to worry about that. there are
(thank god) other great riders all around. we`re all evolving the
thing, no matter how "newbie" or not "attitudeish" we are.

chill there... you sound like a bitter jelous kido...

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

picado
March 9th 07, 02:52 PM
francisco wrote:

> chill there... you sound like a bitter jelous kido...

take it easy shaun... you are a great rider... and are acting like a
newbie right now beeing ****ed because he landed something..

pro riders dont need to get envolved with little things like this.

--
picado

From HELL SP mono CLUBE!

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###
One wheel in brazil
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

nickvb123
March 9th 07, 03:41 PM
this is the worst thread i have ever seen.

luke lands a trick wants and wants us to know. So why the big ****ing
argument. Its actually pathetic.

Its not like he would come on the internet and lie, just to claim he is
the first person to land a trick, so he has rights to it or some lame
**** like that.

> why would one of the best, if not the best, street unicyclist who ever
> lived be jealous of a 15 year old nobody

WTF does that mean. Have you learnt nothing from unicycling you
****wit? Being a good unicyclist means **** all outside of a select
minority. You think all the 'pros' think they are gods or something?
No, they dont, they tend to belong with the rest of us sharing a common
interest, trying to encourage it not seperate themselves from us. Its
called humility.

> Humility is the state of being humble. A humble person is generally
> thought to be unpretentious and modest: someone who does not think that
> he or she is better or more important than others.

You are calling Luke a nobody. Maybe he is, but so are you and I. So
are ALL of us. Fostering respect amidst the unicycling community is one
thing, translating this to the real world and you get nothing.

> I'm just sick of how a lot of unicyclists treat me

What your finally getting sick of early teens unnecessarily idolising
you?

and btw, 'best street unicyclist who ever lived' do u know any street
unicyclists that are dead yet :p

> When riders get good they keep there new tricks secret until they can
> release it in a video to entertain, SURPRISE, and impress

there are plenty of excellent riders that dont release regular videos
every second day

i got laughed at pretty bad today by a bunch of 20 yr old guys. First
time i'd rode for a few weeks. There are more than enough dicks in the
world without people acting like them on here.

Theres already enough problems associated with unicycling without
people creating new ones.

Everyone likes to receive recognition from peers, especially when you
put alot of effort into something why make things turn so ugly :mad:

Futile banter i say.

Peace.

--
nickvb123

nickvb123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5926

unifreak7
March 9th 07, 04:04 PM
Hey guy, you have no idea how people treat me. And um, I never said I
was the best unicyclists that ever lived. Um. wow, it's really annoying
when people put words into your mouth (typing wise). I didn't expect
anyone to see where I was coming from that's fine. I don't really care.
I also don't think I'm a good unicyclists, I know I have more skill
than a lot of riders, but that still by no means makes me good. I can't
flip to big set rails, I can't backslide rails, flip variation sets
bigger than weak 5's. I can't bust treyflips to slick techgrinds. I
have NO switch tricks expect the switchflip, I have only 2-3 blind
tricks. My manny pad flow only comes through after 20 minutes of
practicing the run, this makes me a horrible rider. I should be much
better getting into the swing of things. To me, i'll never be a good
rider. But that's my life, always in competition and never being good
enough. You see me in my vids, or how I act, not me my friends. Don't
judge me on my acting. (Most are inside jokes, or for humor to certain
people -friends- that may get it -also known as an inside joke, buy in
this case it's humor they get, not a joke only they'll get-)

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

mornish
March 9th 07, 04:18 PM
personally, Im happy that luke posted this thread.

I like to know what people are doing, and I thinks its amazing that he
did a blind treyflip.

who cares if he doesn't have footage or hasn't made a movie?

I believe that he's done it just from what I've seen in the past.

He was also probably really excited when he landed it(if I had just
learned crankflips or 360 unispins or something I'd probably come on
and tell people that I learned them, even if I didn't have footage)

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Evan wrote:
> Buy my wheel damnit

tugboat
March 9th 07, 04:22 PM
I can't stand seeing Shaun getting beaten here. It's very true what
he's saying. A lot of times when I am working on a new trick, I don't
want anyone to land it first. Especially if I believe I thought of it
first. I don't like people using my ideas to make their mark. Whether
Luke knew that Shaun had been thinking of the trick or not, it doesn't
matter Shaun's going to want to land it first.

I mean in the ideal world that every unicyclist wants to see new tricks
done, it doesn't matter who does them, sure, Shaun was out of line.
But there's a lot of us who take unicycling quite competitively. When
I'm here in North Carolina without any other riders with me, I just
want to hit all the new and bigger tricks by myself. But when I'm
riding like at UNICON or whatever, I don't care who hits the trick, I
don't care who wins the competition, I just want to be a part of it. I
think once Shaun gets to FLUCK, he'll start getting pumped about other
people landing a trick, even if its before him. I don't think Shaun is
out of line for saying what he's saying, I hear him. And I agree, I
don't think there's really a need to tell people you did a trick if we
can't see it. No one has seen anyone do that for a long time I don't
think.

My 360 Sidespin video was posted mostly because I knew that otherwise I
won't have a video done until April for BUC, and I wanted to see people
try to mix it in with flip tricks (which Luke did by the way).

johnathon_smith2 wrote:
> all it seems to me is that your worried lukes gona take your place or
> sumthing, hes getting pretty good you know, and id much rather watch
> his stuff becos its alot different to the stuff we see everyday from
> you, he has flow!

No clue where you're coming from with this. Shaun pretty much defines
flow. Other than the first time he lands a trick, like a full
varialflip, or something, he will film and refilm a trick until it
looks good. His tricks are smooth and have almost no flaws. Nothing
against Luke for his flow, I love his style too. However, I've decided
to tell the world that your implication that Shaun doesn't have flow
should be considered false.

Alright, that's all I've got, and if you want to argue with me, you
can't do it until tomorrow, because its my birthday, so I'm right until
then.

Later!!!! Kevin McMullin - see you Sunday, Shaun

--
tugboat

"You won't get hurt if you land it!"
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://www.bedfordunicycles.ca)
'Kris Holm Unicycles' (http://www.krisholm.com)
tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

nickvb123
March 9th 07, 04:36 PM
yeah i wasnt having a go at you Shaun, more just some of the attitudes
of this thread :rolleyes:

it just seems unnecessary for people to get this agro over to something
that i think is rather trivial...:confused:

--
nickvb123
nickvb123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5926

francisco
March 9th 07, 04:47 PM
tugboat wrote:
> I can't stand seeing Shaun getting beaten here. It's very true what
> he's saying. A lot of times when I am working on a new trick, I don't
> want anyone to land it first. Especially if I believe I thought of it
> first. I don't like people using my ideas to make their mark. Whether
> Luke knew that Shaun had been thinking of the trick or not, it doesn't
> matter Shaun's going to want to land it first.

I think you guys are taking it too much to the competition side. If you
get anoyed by someone landing something before you do you just keep it
to yourself. there`s no need to go saying it`s not legit or whatever or
"boohoo I thought of it first but didn`t tell anyone because it was a
secret".

try harder! if the guy got it before you did it`s probably because he
have trained more than you.

someone landed the damn trick. period. that can be only good for all of
us.

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

francisco
March 9th 07, 04:55 PM
oh

by the way, happy birthday!!

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

unifreak7
March 9th 07, 06:17 PM
I don't doubt he hit it. I saw by the smoothness of his blind3spin in
his last vid he'd do it first. No matter to me. I don't mind that he
hit it first, he also hit the trey fakie, fakie change first. He's a
great rider, and that's just it, i thought great riders were more
relaxed about what they did. Chill, excited, but like, I can wait until
i have organized a video for it. I did a trick i'm pretty excited about
over a month ago, only like 2 people know about it, but I haven't said
anythign about it, waiting until a vid can be out (a month is a long
time to wait).

I was out of line, but I think people got the wrong impression, of what
about, the situation I hated. It's just the chill factor of the great
riders (of course I mean trick chillness, since of course I wasn't
chill about this topic). This thread also got me to go out and ride 40
minutes imbetween classes. I'm pretty excited about teh result (what I
learned), more stuff for the flip vid. Sorry guys. And Luke, I love you
and you're amazing, just didn't expect you to be so out spoken with
tricks.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. I've calmed down now, haha, thanks Kevin. (All I needed was for
one person to at least see where i'm coming from, they didn't have to
agree, just see where i'm coming from, then i'm better.) Sorry again
guy. My flip vid should be out tonight. Hopefully you will judge it
unbaised to what you think about me.

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

adam.mc37
March 9th 07, 09:05 PM
tugboat wrote:
> I can't stand seeing Shaun getting beaten here. It's very true what
> he's saying. A lot of times when I am working on a new trick, I don't
> want anyone to land it first. Especially if I believe I thought of it
> first. I don't like people using my ideas to make their mark. Whether
> Luke knew that Shaun had been thinking of the trick or not, it doesn't
> matter Shaun's going to want to land it first.
>
> I mean in the ideal world that every unicyclist wants to see new tricks
> done, it doesn't matter who does them, sure, Shaun was out of line.
> But there's a lot of us who take unicycling quite competitively. When
> I'm here in North Carolina without any other riders with me, I just
> want to hit all the new and bigger tricks by myself. But when I'm
> riding like at UNICON or whatever, I don't care who hits the trick, I
> don't care who wins the competition, I just want to be a part of it. I
> think once Shaun gets to FLUCK, he'll start getting pumped about other
> people landing a trick, even if its before him. I don't think Shaun is
> out of line for saying what he's saying, I hear him. And I agree, I
> don't think there's really a need to tell people you did a trick if we
> can't see it. No one has seen anyone do that for a long time I don't
> think.
>
> My 360 Sidespin video was posted mostly because I knew that otherwise I
> won't have a video done until April for BUC, and I wanted to see people
> try to mix it in with flip tricks (which Luke did by the way).
>

> No clue where you're coming from with this. Shaun pretty much defines
> flow. Other than the first time he lands a trick, like a full
> varialflip, or something, he will film and refilm a trick until it
> looks good. His tricks are smooth and have almost no flaws. Nothing
> against Luke for his flow, I love his style too. However, I've decided
> to tell the world that your implication that Shaun doesn't have flow
> should be considered false.
>
> Alright, that's all I've got, and if you want to argue with me, you
> can't do it until tomorrow, because its my birthday, so I'm right until
> then.
>
> Later!!!! Kevin McMullin - see you Sunday, Shaun

Kevin, we share the same birthday, happy birthday =)

--
adam.mc37

http://tinyurl.com/yrqth4 The Gallery!
adam.mc37's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14161

muzzle
March 9th 07, 11:13 PM
Hey Kevin. Your the man. Good to see that someone here can see both
sides of the argument, because most of us are easily biased!

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3)
http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3
my website: '!muzzle!' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr)
http://www.muzzle.co.nr
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

hecklar
March 10th 07, 05:35 PM
Do people seriously not notice that there is no subject (main noun) or
verb in the sentence "Your the man"? It's mind-boggling. And, yeah,
the errors in almost all of these posts are incredibly bad (including
some of mine, i'm sure), but sometimes it gets to the point where i
can't even understand WTF a person is talking about in their posts.
That happened to me with a couple of Shaun's posts in this thread.
People, seriously, if you're going to spend the time to write
something, why not make it intelligible?

(Non-native Anglophones are exempt from this criticism. The rest of us
will try to make sense of whatever you write, because your errors are
forgivable.)

P.S.
"There" does not equal "their" or "they're".
"Till" does not equal "until", "'til" does. A "till" is like a cash
register, and it's a noun.

I could continue indefinitely, i'm sure, but i'm tired. I'm going to
take a nap.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

darchibald
March 10th 07, 06:15 PM
I've been away from the forums (and unicycling in general) for a while,
partly because I was travelling but partly because of threads like this
and the attitudes shown in this thread, leading to the apparent
deterioration of quality on the forums. This is crazy. What happened to
unicycling?

It used to be such a relaxed welcoming community where everyone was
happy to just share in something as ridiculous as unicycling. Now its
this huge competition, and a race to land tricks, and beat each other.
We're still way too small to be worrying about this kind of
competition.

People just need to relax, quit whining and ride. Don't worry about
pushing the sport, getting sponsors and releasing vids - that'll happen
naturally. Just ride.

David

--
darchibald

' Album 481' (http://tinyurl.com/ey2qj) - My Gallery

"Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris
goes riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I
have to watch we don't land in dog poop....." - dforbes
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

francisco
March 10th 07, 09:37 PM
darchibald wrote:
> I've been away from the forums (and unicycling in general) for a while,
> partly because I was travelling but partly because of threads like this
> and the attitudes shown in this thread, leading to the apparent
> deterioration of quality on the forums. This is crazy. What happened to
> unicycling?
>
> It used to be such a relaxed welcoming community where everyone was
> happy to just share in something as ridiculous as unicycling. Now its
> this huge competition, and a race to land tricks, and beat each other.
> We're still way too small to be worrying about this kind of
> competition.
>
> People just need to relax, quit whining and ride. Don't worry about
> pushing the sport, getting sponsors and releasing vids - that'll happen
> naturally. Just ride.
>
> David

+ 100
just ride

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

Mikeswarbrick
March 10th 07, 10:22 PM
darchibald wrote:
> I've been away from the forums (and unicycling in general) for a while,
> partly because I was travelling but partly because of threads like this
> and the attitudes shown in this thread, leading to the apparent
> deterioration of quality on the forums. This is crazy. What happened to
> unicycling?
>
> It used to be such a relaxed welcoming community where everyone was
> happy to just share in something as ridiculous as unicycling. Now its
> this huge competition, and a race to land tricks, and beat each other.
> We're still way too small to be worrying about this kind of
> competition.
>
> People just need to relax, quit whining and ride. Don't worry about
> pushing the sport, getting sponsors and releasing vids - that'll happen
> naturally. Just ride.
>
> David

I don't personally agree with you, but I'm sure there will be others
that do.

Mike

--
Mikeswarbrick

'Thats a very large achievement, keep it up and women will think you're
compensating for something'
Mikeswarbrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14276

GeorgeWBush
March 10th 07, 10:50 PM
hee hee eh I'm back! I was at my ranch eh in eh ehh hee Crawford Texas
with my wonderful wife. We were baking eh, cookies and cold cream pies
to help combat global warming. All of you who care about eh spelling,
you need to go to eh muslim land with the rest of the terrorist who
don't believe in our God! If you eh can't understand a thread because
a person used "their, there, your, you're" incorrectly, then you are a
horrible english speaker and reader.

--
GeorgeWBush
GeorgeWBush's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14285

darchibald
March 11th 07, 12:12 AM
Mikeswarbrick wrote:

> I don't personally agree with you, but I'm sure there will be others
> that do.
>
> Mike

Can you elaborate. I think you probably mean the happening naturally
part. I didn't mean lets not try and advance the sport but there is no
need to push and drive so intensely.

I kind of see it like crazy parents who are really pushing there kid to
be good and succeed in hockey (its regional, input whatever sport you
like cricket, soccer, baseball, etc.). They push him so hard that a few
years in he no longer enjoys the game at all.

Look at Ryan Atkins. He's an incredible rider and he's so laid back and
relaxed. He only rides when he wants to and only for himself. He's not
worried about all the extra junk. He may release a video every once in
a while but he's not always on here talking **** and hyping it up, and
he's not trying to beat anyone. And look how much he has advanced the
sport.

I think this can be a pretty sweet discussion.

David

--
darchibald

' Album 481' (http://tinyurl.com/ey2qj) - My Gallery

"Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris
goes riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I
have to watch we don't land in dog poop....." - dforbes
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home