PDA

View Full Version : downhill bcing

gabetheunicycleman
March 8th 07, 10:05 AM
i have no experience in bc whatsoever. but. i do like designing new
crazy things for bcers. basically my idea is downhill mbc. or mountain
bc wheeling. now some of you will be saying "hey, thats been done
before, i rode mine down a mountain last week". that alone isnt my
idea. my idea is to attatch a brake to a bc. but wait theres more! i
also proppose to make clip in plate(s) for bcs. with optional brace to
keep one calf and lower leg perfectly upright. ie. stop it from grazing
the tire hence making it easier to push and get up using the brake to
stop the uni running away from you when mounting or on steep slopes.:)
whadda you think. prototype coming soon....

--
gabetheunicycleman

hurrah for 3/4 flips
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

iridemymuni
March 8th 07, 10:21 AM
well evan already has a disc brake bc.

and putting clips on a bc would be like making a bomb, then taping
yourself to it.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

iridemymuni
March 8th 07, 10:22 AM
actually, i would seriously be impressed if i saw guys doing uphill
Bcing.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Eddbmxdude
March 8th 07, 10:26 AM
gabetheunicycleman wrote:
> my idea is to attatch a brake to a bc.

'Here' (http://tinyurl.com/287hz4) and 'here!'
(http://tinyurl.com/33h7n3)

Hope that helps,

Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

tomtrevor
March 8th 07, 10:31 AM
I think it would look extremely cool if it was done, but it would be
extremely hard. You would need a brake to slow down but once you let go
of the brake the BC would slip out in front of you.

--
tomtrevor

01010100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100101
01110110 01101111 01110010
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
><>WHEEL WALK ON WATER<><
BLUEGREENORANGEBLACKPURPLEREDWHITEYELLOW
Thanks to my sponsers: my mum
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)'n'
(http://www.adcott.net/binary/)'d'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)'i'
(http://www.virtualgravy.com/)'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)'k'
(http://www.cheaphumor.com/)'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Evan Byrne
March 8th 07, 07:52 PM
Hahahahahaha, That wheel made a great addition to my DJ bike. The brake
doesnt work so well unless you have an arm going up and behind one of
your legs, this way you can lean back into it. The best way to do it is
get a 24" bc '(Hint hint)' (http://tinyurl.com/3abems) and get a peice
of a car tire, strap it to your leg and use that for your brake. Its a
much better feel to slow with your leg than with your hand on a brake.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Uniman_3
March 10th 07, 06:53 PM
sound kinda like mountain boarding..that thing that looks like a beefy
skateboard..some of them have brakes too...those bcs look sick.i want
one..

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
Uniman_3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14387

James_Potter
March 10th 07, 07:53 PM
iridemymuni wrote:
> actually, i would seriously be impressed if i saw guys doing uphill
> Bcing.

How about 'this'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43230)?

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
-last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home