PDA

View Full Version : 1st Nimbus 36er crash

cathwood
March 8th 07, 02:09 PM
I did something really silly yesterday.

I went out for a short ride in the dark last night. For some reason I
was feeling a bit twitchy even before I went out. Also I took my mobile
phone with me - which I never have done before on a short ride as I
have never anticipated the need to phone for help on a short ride.

Anyway, i was riding along (after doing some hard core pratting about
deciding where to get on and not wanting to do it where groups - or at
least one or two - of noisy youths were coming down the street). I was
approaching a T junction and couldn't decide whether there was a car
coming or not and couldn't decide whether to stop or not. So - my
bottom half stopped and my top half didn't and I went (as you would
expect) flying off the unicycle. Fortunately I landed on my feet and
managed to run it out. I retrieved the uni and continued.

Eventually having settled down to a good pace riding along I felt this
tug on my foot. Next thing I know, I had crashed to the ground and my
foot was fastened securely to the crank via my lace. Ouch!!! :( I had
to wriggle to the side of the road to avoid getting run over before I
could undo myself.

I'm going to buy shoes without laces next time.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Cathy