PDA

View Full Version : Qu-ax Alu hub

mycatisonfire
March 8th 07, 06:06 PM
hey i couldnt find anything about this anywhere else so whats the
largest tire you can fit on the Qu-ax aluminium frame?? and would the
KH 2006 moment hub fit on the the Koxx-1 orrange Bud frame?
Thanks

--
mycatisonfire

Em,
Stranger Than A Gang Of Drunken Mimes
mycatisonfire's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13746

mycatisonfire
March 8th 07, 06:11 PM
Crap I ment Frame instead of Hub in the Title

--
mycatisonfire

Em,
Stranger Than A Gang Of Drunken Mimes
mycatisonfire's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13746

Lucas1wheel
March 8th 07, 06:46 PM
the tyre width doesnt matter i dont think, for me the frame came with
spacers which just mean that it fits round the cranks or something i
dont know.

--
Lucas1wheel

Lucas1Wheel -I am really up for S.L.U.T.S
MrBoogieJuice -Keep it to yourself thankyou very much.

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!! You kick ass.
I smell....of peaches
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

brendan
March 8th 07, 07:00 PM
on mdc it says that the monty 2.7" fits in Koxx/qu-ax/kh and nimbus II
frames... so u'll be fine with either frame.

the koxx one frames (orange bud/DH and devil crmo) all fit on 42mm
bearings so the moment hubs :P

the qu-ax frame has loads of differnt spacers to fit different hubs...
so u'll have to see with someone else.

Good job on changing that monty frame ! Cause damit thats an annoying
frame.

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

skilewis74
March 8th 07, 07:03 PM
mycatisonfire wrote:
> hey i couldnt find anything about this anywhere else so whats the
> largest tire you can fit on the Qu-ax aluminium frame?? and would the
> KH 2007 moment hub fit on the the Koxx-1 orrange Bud frame?
> Thanks

fixed.

Any tire width you want. KH isis hub bearings are 42 mm and I believe
Koxx-1 frame is set up for that as well, so nothing. If I'm wrong
about that you'll need spacers like Lucas said.

--
skilewis74

DustinSchaap
March 8th 07, 07:03 PM
The 20" Qu-Ax frame fits all the trial tires, I think the 24" Qu-Ax
frame has trouble fitting a Gazz tire but it has been done, the moment
hub will fit any trial frame, they're all 42mm bearings and 100mm wide
(bearing to bearing) .

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

mycatisonfire
March 8th 07, 08:47 PM
ok thanks woooo new frame here i come :D

--
mycatisonfire

Em,
Stranger Than A Gang Of Drunken Mimes
mycatisonfire's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13746

zfreak220
March 8th 07, 11:23 PM
also, isis hubs don't fit in the qu-ax frame.

--
zfreak220

howdigetsogood wrote:
> man i used to think scooters were totally lame, but after that 'video'
> (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57071), oh wait
> nevermind i still do.
zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

Eddbmxdude
March 9th 07, 12:06 AM
zfreak220 wrote:
> also, isis hubs don't fit in the qu-ax frame.

He's right, if you were planning on building up an ISIS setup you can't
with the Qu-ax Alu frame.

I have the Qu-ax frame and was planning on getting the Koxx hub and
cranks, but because ISIS drive is tapered they won't fit!

I went with the KH/Onza hub and cranks, they have twisted already, and
im hardly a hardcore rider!

As for having trouble with a Gazz in the 24", I had no problems
whatsoever. There is zero clearance for mud/stones though!

Don't let me put you off though, this frame rocks, and its stiff as
hell!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

brendan
March 9th 07, 05:02 PM
mycatisonfire wrote:
> ok thanks woooo new frame here i come :D

which one did you go for?

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680