PDA

View Full Version : What mountain b**ers have to say about MUni

uniredneck
March 8th 07, 11:23 PM
I found this on MTBR.com. Got a laugh out of it. 'Drop Off'
(http://tinyurl.com/224hbk)

--
uniredneck

"It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling
woman in a wide house." - Proverbs 21:9

"I believe in God like I believe in the sun rise. Not because I can see
it, but because I can see all that it touches." - C.S. Lewis
uniredneck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13931

b2bivy
March 9th 07, 01:03 AM
I like - taking single speed to new heights - would make a great
T-shirt. Recently I was leaving a MTB trail and a MTB rider pulled in
and asked how the trail was. When I replied they were in great shape he
said good because he was going hardcore since he would be riding a
single speed. I said me too, and showed him my ride. He lost his
swagger when he asked if I did a full 9 mile lap, and I replied no -
two. Sure its not nice to gloat, but he started it.....

--
b2bivy
b2bivy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11281

mark williamson
March 9th 07, 01:36 AM
uniredneck wrote:
> I found this on MTBR.com. Got a laugh out of it. 'Drop Off'
> (http://tinyurl.com/224hbk)

Several of them cracking jokes about 29er unicycles... I wonder what
they'd think if they one day saw an actual 29er uni on the trails. Or
a Coker :-)

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301

madmattunipro
March 9th 07, 02:05 AM
I found their responses to be pretty narrow minded and pathetic, but
maybe that's why they all ride bikes.:D

--
madmattunipro

><>Unicycle For Christ<><

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763

entropy
March 9th 07, 02:28 AM
Nice! I think that's Jake Sprague..."bleedfortrials" here. I've seen
much nastier comments in the bike trials forums.

> Several of them cracking jokes about 29er unicycles... I wonder what
> they'd think if they one day saw an actual 29er uni on the trails. Or a
> Coker :-)

I ride my 29er on my local trails. I hear all the typical remarks from
mountain bikers...and then I pass them on a hill climb, bomb through
rock gardens they hike over, and take drops they go around.

The "lost a wheel" remarks stop soon afterwards.:D

--
entropy

Shut up and ride.
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Evan Byrne
March 9th 07, 03:23 AM
madmattunipro wrote:
> I found their responses to be pretty narrow minded and pathetic, but
> maybe that's why they all ride bikes.:D

Bikes own. STFU newb.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

markf
March 9th 07, 04:14 AM
there's a thread in their 29er forum about 29er unicycles. it's mostly
positive stuff. all the bikers i've even encountered have been
impressed/enthused by what i'm doing. i've done a 24 hour race in iowa
a few times, all positive comments, and when i've been in moab,
everyone think's we're crazy as hell, but pretty cool.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop' (http://www.irwinsbikes.com)
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

ivan
March 9th 07, 03:27 PM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> Bikes own. STFU newb.

Says you.

I liked this one:

> This is Dwayne's 5th attempt, and so far he has learned that the
> important point when jumping a singlewheel fixie is to see your landing
> area and spot where your face will plant. Dirt good, rocks bad.

They are all along the same lines, but this one made me laugh.

If you read the comments for other pictures, they are all very similar,
so it must be the spirit of their forums: numb jokes.

--
ivan

Read me! thank you.
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

francisco
March 9th 07, 03:48 PM
they don`t know at all what they are talking about. that`s why they keep
talking through there asses...

my mother is a mountain biker. pretty good... she has like five bikes
and go on 60 Km trails (she was even 3rd place in the iron biker in
amateur categorie). she likes a lot that I unicycle. I`ve gone riding
with her friends and they were very impressed that I could kep up with
them (on palne ground and climbing hills - with a qu-ax 20"!!!).

there are flatland guys in Sao Paulo that like the unis too. I`ve met
some street riders that even wanted to learn how to ride...

I think those riders are just ignorant people toalking about something
they don`t know about

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

headstone
March 9th 07, 03:59 PM
I think it's less about them being "narrow minded and pathetic" and more
about you guys not being able to take a joke.

--
headstone
headstone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13637

Joe2005
March 9th 07, 04:24 PM
I liked this one

--
Joe2005

*come to the dark side* we have cookies!
Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692

brendan
March 9th 07, 04:30 PM
well personally all those comments were quite funny.

IN the end whoc ares wot MTBR's think lol are anyone for that matter.

But most bikers i've seen have been real impressed by my riding. well
apart from BMX'rs but they are d*** anyways. (well 90% of em)

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

threeinchtire
March 9th 07, 06:49 PM
b2bivy wrote:
> I like - taking single speed to new heights - would make a great
> T-shirt. Recently I was leaving a MTB trail and a MTB rider pulled in
> and asked how the trail was. When I replied they were in great shape he
> said good because he was going hardcore since he would be riding a
> single speed. I said me too, and showed him my ride. He lost his
> swagger when he asked if I did a full 9 mile lap, and I replied no -
> two. Sure its not nice to gloat, but he started it.....

Hahahaha, I ride my bike alot too (more than MUni...), but man, that is
hardcore. Mad props, yo.

--
threeinchtire

respek, yo
threeinchtire's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10844

mycatisonfire
March 9th 07, 07:07 PM
I Think theyre mostly quite funny but i reckon we should start a thread
for captions of Mountian Bike Pictures :rolleyes: see what they say :D

--
mycatisonfire

Em,
Stranger Than A Gang Of Drunken Mimes
mycatisonfire's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13746

keg
March 9th 07, 07:16 PM
mycatisonfire wrote:
> I Think theyre mostly quite funny but i reckon we should start a thread
> for captions of Mountian Bike Pictures :rolleyes: see what they say :D

If you click any of the other pictures you will soon see they are just
as irrelevant about the biker pictures.

e.g. the biker probably about to face plant (this is the next picture
from the Uni - Moab? and blue sky):

"Man... I gotta stop smilin. That gas felt great but way too much lift
and at the wrong time...." etc.

--
keg
keg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/212

smcmorrow
March 9th 07, 10:02 PM
Those were pretty funny, but a lot of them were quite similar. I think
the superman one was the best. That made me laugh.

--
smcmorrow

\"It's knot gonna make it!\" -threeinchtire
smcmorrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10881

cool-bananas
March 10th 07, 12:21 PM
dont judge mountain biker by those comments, some were pretty funny too,
i ride my bike 50% and uni 50%.
Mountain biking is good and some people are narrow minded i bet if
there was a post on here similar to that with a mountain bike you would
get some idiots saying stupid narrow minded comments like some of them.

--
cool-bananas
cool-bananas's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14389

kington99
March 10th 07, 02:12 PM
mycatisonfire wrote:
> I Think theyre mostly quite funny but i reckon we should start a thread
> for captions of Mountian Bike Pictures :rolleyes: see what they say :D

What "Good thing I bought the stabiliser wheel", "Thank goodness I've
got two chances to land this jump" etc.?

--
kington99

Dave

Google