PDA

View Full Version : flat bar bike and road bike

moon
August 4th 03, 11:14 PM
i am looking at a fuji shiloette and a ibex corrida flat bar bike.

they are both 27 speeds and have 700c x 26 tires.

even v-brakes, are they really road bikes or just a mtn bike with road bike
drive train and no suspension system

i have a hardtail mtn bike now, was interested in road riding, but i don't
know if i can handle the position

thanks

August 5th 03, 03:57 AM
"moon" > wrote in message
> i am looking at a fuji shiloette and a ibex corrida flat bar bike.
>
> they are both 27 speeds and have 700c x 26 tires.
>
> even v-brakes, are they really road bikes or just a mtn bike with road
bike
> drive train and no suspension system
>
> i have a hardtail mtn bike now, was interested in road riding, but i
don't
> know if i can handle the position
>
> thanks

FWIW
I have a Specialized Sirrus Comp, which is a flat bar model. I love it.
Super light, nice ride, but more upright than typical road bars...much
easier on the back...much slower on the downhills though...I always feel
like I want to bend forward to reduce the wind.

Brian

Peter
August 5th 03, 05:16 PM
Hi Brian. This may sound corny but it works great for me. I put aero
bars on my mtb I use for road riding. They're great for relaxed
riding, riding into the wind or downhill. The difference is
phenomenal. I've seen a few other riders do the same thing. Hope this
helps. Peter.

"Z" > wrote in message >...
> "moon" > wrote in message
> > i am looking at a fuji shiloette and a ibex corrida flat bar bike.
> >
> > they are both 27 speeds and have 700c x 26 tires.
> >
> > even v-brakes, are they really road bikes or just a mtn bike with road
> bike
> > drive train and no suspension system
> >
> > i have a hardtail mtn bike now, was interested in road riding, but i
> don't
> > know if i can handle the position
> >
> > thanks
> >

> FWIW
> I have a Specialized Sirrus Comp, which is a flat bar model. I love it.
> Super light, nice ride, but more upright than typical road bars...much
> easier on the back...much slower on the downhills though...I always feel
> like I want to bend forward to reduce the wind.
>
> Brian

Chalo
August 8th 03, 02:19 AM
(Dave) wrote:

> If the road position really was that uncomfertable how are riders
> suposed to endure 3000+ miles for 3 weeks straight in the TdF?

Really good drugs. ;-D

Chalo

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home