PDA

View Full Version : U lock rattle

March 18th 07, 03:53 AM
First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Ride-A-Lot
March 18th 07, 07:21 AM
wrote:
> First an update:
>
> I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
> I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
> the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
> grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.
>
> The new issue:
>
> I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
> Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
> eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Use rubber sticky pads. The sell them for furniture and stuff.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

JD
March 18th 07, 07:47 PM
On Mar 17, 7:53 pm, wrote:
> First an update:
>
> I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
> I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
> the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
> grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.
>
> The new issue:
>
> I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
> Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
> eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Why would you need a U-lock on a mountain bike trail?

JD

Crazy Fred
March 18th 07, 09:32 PM
On Mar 17, 11:53 pm, wrote:
> First an update:
>
> I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
> I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
> the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
> grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.
>
> The new issue:
>
> I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
> Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
> eminating from the lock? Thanks.

I would have to side with JD. But on the other hand pad it.

Beej Jorgensen
March 18th 07, 10:06 PM
Crazy Fred > wrote:
>I would have to side with JD. But on the other hand pad it.

Hey, sometimes you have to stop on the way home to get a pint. Bikes
don't last two minutes unlocked on the street here.

-Beej

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home