....in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/uploads/1174282235/gallery_35_32_146356.jpg

JD

NotaKnob
March 20th 07, 04:12 AM
On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" > wrote:
> ...in a place far, far away.
>
> http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/uploads/1174282235/gallery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

Scott Gordo
March 20th 07, 06:15 PM
On Mar 20, 12:12 am, "NotaKnob" > wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" > wrote:
>
> > ...in a place far, far away.
>
> >http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/uploads/1174282235/gallery_35_32_14...
>
> When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?
>
> FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
> that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.
>
> Bruce

I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
hands and chattering teeth.

Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
the mtb, right? God bless him.

/s

JD
March 20th 07, 11:23 PM
On Mar 20, 10:15 am, "Scott Gordo" > wrote:
> On Mar 20, 12:12 am, "NotaKnob" > wrote:
>
> > On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" > wrote:
>
> > > ...in a place far, far away.
>
> > >http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/uploads/1174282235/gallery_35_32_14...
>
> > When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?
>
> > FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
> > that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.
>
> > Bruce
>
> I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
> come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
> hands and chattering teeth.
>
> Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
> the mtb, right? God bless him.
>
> /s

Yes, it was Joe Murray. He sloped Konas first, I think and then did
the VooDoo thing. He's still into the VooDoo thing as well as many
others, including Dahon.

JD

Scott Gordo
March 21st 07, 02:46 PM
On Mar 20, 7:23 pm, "JD" > wrote:
> On Mar 20, 10:15 am, "Scott Gordo" > wrote:

> > > When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?
>
> > > FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
> > > that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.
>
> > > Bruce
>
> > I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
> > come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
> > hands and chattering teeth.
>
> > Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
> > the mtb, right? God bless him.
>
> > /s
>
> Yes, it was Joe Murray. He sloped Konas first, I think and then did
> the VooDoo thing. He's still into the VooDoo thing as well as many
> others, including Dahon.
>
> JD- Hide quoted text -

Joe's with Shi*mano, too, you know. Part of their dev group. Anyway,
that ol' gleaming pearl-white Giant top tube is one of the most
frightening things I can recollect. I have never respected/feared
anything more in my life. It was always there, a presence, looming,
waiting....

Picked up a Dahon Boardwalk 8 for my pops a couple years ago. Natch,
the handling is squirrelly compared to what I'm accustomed to, but a
smart package, esp for the money. And if my dad (who couldn't tell you
which side of a hammer is up) is able to fold it down and snap it back
together without so much as shearing off half a finger, Murray et al
are doing a commendable job.

BTW: hold onto that Trek. It might be worth $1300 some day:

http://bikestoponline.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=1078

/s

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home