PDA

View Full Version : aiight aiight aiight!! how many you dudes think ya could beat me in a race? huh?

bruno
March 21st 07, 05:20 PM
how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

MattB
March 21st 07, 06:15 PM
bruno wrote:
> how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

Tough to say. I don't recall you ever posting much (anything?) about
actual riding. All we have to gage you by is your fake dialect, rantings
about Asian snatch, and now a claim to have a Ti IF.

But it /is/ a cool bike. You wanna race for pinks? I might give that a
shot if it was my size...

Matt

Paladin
March 21st 07, 07:35 PM
On Mar 21, 11:20 am, "bruno" > wrote:
> how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

It's the rider, not the bike.

CDB

March 21st 07, 07:42 PM
On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" > wrote:
> how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
thing. The only reason I'm not more confident is that I suspect you
may be the alias of one of the (bored) residents here. If you're the
boredom project of one of the better riders of a.m-b then I may not be
able to.

I'm with Matt on the pinks offer. If you're not an elite rider, I
should be able to beat you on a reasonably inexpensive and
straightforward ride, as long as it shifts. If you're elite, it
wouldn't matter what I was riding, you'd school me SS or otherwise.
That said, I'll take my backup bike and race for pinks at your
request.

Hell, I'll race you for a couple beers just for the sake of meeting
you in person. Get to New England much?

Dan

MattB
March 21st 07, 07:57 PM
wrote:
> On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" > wrote:
>
>>how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
>>any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????
>

> I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
> range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
> thing. The only reason I'm not more confident is that I suspect you
> may be the alias of one of the (bored) residents here. If you're the
> boredom project of one of the better riders of a.m-b then I may not be
> able to.

Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.

> I'm with Matt on the pinks offer. If you're not an elite rider, I
> should be able to beat you on a reasonably inexpensive and
> straightforward ride, as long as it shifts. If you're elite, it
> wouldn't matter what I was riding, you'd school me SS or otherwise.
> That said, I'll take my backup bike and race for pinks at your
> request.

I'll do it on my singlespeed if he's riding his. But I won't travel more
than an hour or so for it.

> Hell, I'll race you for a couple beers just for the sake of meeting
> you in person. Get to New England much?
>
> Dan

March 21st 07, 08:08 PM
On Mar 21, 3:57 pm, MattB > wrote:
> Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
> of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
> fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
> riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
> rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.

Yes on-road, not very many off. I ride a singlespeed myself for a
road bike, and can certainly appreciate the increase in climbing speed
when forced to stay on a tougher gear. Off-road, I still find the
gears to be nice. I can stay in a bigger gear and hammer on the
climbs if I so desire (i.e. if I'm racing) and I won't spin out on the
descents.

I did throw in the elite rider disclaimer, which would cover the
psycho's who can get on a rigid SS and still stomp all of the geared
riders on the trail. I think we've got a couple of those here at a.m-
b, and I'm sure they're going to be faster than me gears or otherwise.

MattB
March 21st 07, 08:16 PM
wrote:
> On Mar 21, 3:57 pm, MattB > wrote:
>
>>Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
>>of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
>>fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
>>riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
>>rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.
>

> Yes on-road, not very many off. I ride a singlespeed myself for a
> road bike, and can certainly appreciate the increase in climbing speed
> when forced to stay on a tougher gear. Off-road, I still find the
> gears to be nice. I can stay in a bigger gear and hammer on the
> climbs if I so desire (i.e. if I'm racing) and I won't spin out on the
> descents.
>
> I did throw in the elite rider disclaimer, which would cover the
> psycho's who can get on a rigid SS and still stomp all of the geared
> riders on the trail. I think we've got a couple of those here at a.m-
> b, and I'm sure they're going to be faster than me gears or otherwise.

Yeah. I've ridden with some of them. :o

Matt

March 21st 07, 08:22 PM
On Mar 21, 4:16 pm, MattB > wrote:
> Yeah. I've ridden with some of them. :o

I'm both jealous and sympathetic.

Ride-A-Lot
March 21st 07, 08:53 PM
bruno wrote:
> how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

That thing will be stolen in two seconds if you bring it to Asia.

I'll gladly race you for pink slips (my Niner against your IF) but it
has to be out here in Colorado on the trail of my choice. I could use
some extra cash I'll get when I sell your bike on eBay.

Personally, I don't think you have an IF let alone a Walgoose. I think
you are just another 13 year old Internet troll with no friends and in
need of some attention. Stop popping your pimples and run along.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

JD
March 21st 07, 09:56 PM
On Mar 21, 9:20 am, "bruno" > wrote:
> how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

IF - Ignorant Fools?

Birds of a feather.

JD

JD
March 21st 07, 09:57 PM
On Mar 21, 11:42 am, " > wrote:
> On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" > wrote:
>
> > how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> > any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????
>
> I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
> range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
> thing.

How ignorant.

JD

bruno
March 22nd 07, 12:41 PM
On Mar 21, 3:53 pm, Ride-A-Lot > wrote:
> bruno wrote:
> > how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> > any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????
>
> That thing will be stolen in two seconds if you bring it to Asia.
>
> I'll gladly race you for pink slips (my Niner against your IF) but it
> has to be out here in Colorado on the trail of my choice. I could use
> some extra cash I'll get when I sell your bike on eBay.
>
> Personally, I don't think you have an IF let alone a Walgoose. I think
> you are just another 13 year old Internet troll with no friends and in
> need of some attention. Stop popping your pimples and run along.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

i'm not takin' this steed to asia ya douche!!! i'm takin' da karate
monkey! and rockin' SS'll make ya strong like russian bear girls. try
it.

March 22nd 07, 12:46 PM
On Mar 21, 5:57 pm, "JD" > wrote:
> How ignorant.
>
> JD

How short-sited. You were, for the record, one of the SS riders that
disclaimer was meant for. That said, on most rides there are still
going to be extended flats or downhills where even you would be faster
if you had a few gears, unless your SS is geared so steep you never
find yourself spinning and out of gear. I find it hard to imagine
climbing with such gearing, and none of the SS bikes I've seen have
had such gearing.

I think Bruno is most likely the brain child of some average chump,
and I think there's a good chance I could beat him on his imaginary SS
with an array of gears at my disposal. It's a lot easier to type
about being fast then it is to be fast, especially on a singlespeed.

Can't say your reply surprised me, however. After all, everyone
should ride fixed rigid while riding up black diamond trails, right?

Dan

bruno
March 22nd 07, 12:57 PM
On Mar 22, 7:46 am, " > wrote:
> On Mar 21, 5:57 pm, "JD" > wrote:
>
> > How ignorant.
>
> > JD
>
> How short-sited. You were, for the record, one of the SS riders that
> disclaimer was meant for. That said, on most rides there are still
> going to be extended flats or downhills where even you would be faster
> if you had a few gears, unless your SS is geared so steep you never
> find yourself spinning and out of gear. I find it hard to imagine
> climbing with such gearing, and none of the SS bikes I've seen have
> had such gearing.
>
> I think Bruno is most likely the brain child of some average chump,
> and I think there's a good chance I could beat him on his imaginary SS
> with an array of gears at my disposal. It's a lot easier to type
> about being fast then it is to be fast, especially on a singlespeed.
>
> Can't say your reply surprised me, however. After all, everyone
> should ride fixed rigid while riding up black diamond trails, right?
>
> Dan

hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
do it all the time.

and the ti IF is nice. real nice.

Ride-A-Lot
March 22nd 07, 02:43 PM
bruno wrote:

> hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
> average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
> big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
> do it all the time.
>
> and the ti IF is nice. real nice.

Oops. It looks like your forgot to use your fake thug street talk.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

bruno
March 22nd 07, 02:53 PM
On Mar 22, 9:43 am, Ride-A-Lot > wrote:
> bruno wrote:
>
> > hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
> > average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
> > big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
> > do it all the time.
>
> > and the ti IF is nice. real nice.
>
> Oops. It looks like your forgot to use your fake thug street talk.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

i don't be thuggin' all da time homes. sometimes i be havin' ta ack
like i in da ivy league an' **** yo.

March 22nd 07, 03:41 PM
On Mar 21, 1:57 pm, MattB > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" > wrote:
>
> >>how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> >>any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????
>
> > I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
> > range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
> > thing. The only reason I'm not more confident is that I suspect you
> > may be the alias of one of the (bored) residents here. If you're the
> > boredom project of one of the better riders of a.m-b then I may not be
> > able to.
>
> Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
> of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
> fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
> riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
> rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.

Now this brings up an interesting point. I had this discussion with
DeeJay Birch (name drop) after the Angelfire World Cup.

Here goes.

Since so many SS'er are turning laps equal to or faster than our
geared brethren why is it that so many still demand to have their own
category to race in?

So many times I have been at a state series race and have seen/heard
SS'er complaining because the organizers don't have a SS class. If
there aren't classes for say dual suspensions that are separate from
hardtails, or perhaps a separate class for rigid .... why should there
be a separate class for SS's? It is the riders choice as to what bike
to bring ...

Personally, I am just another old man with a SS ... and given that I
"retired" more than a dozen years ago, I generally race in my cat on a
SS. It doesn't make me any slower.

Side note: Since I will be (mainly) on a Siren 55 this season .... I
am setting the Rig up as a fixie ... Just for the endurance races.

bruno
March 22nd 07, 04:05 PM
On Mar 22, 10:41 am, wrote:
> On Mar 21, 1:57 pm, MattB > wrote:
>

> > wrote:

> > > I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
> > > range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
> > > thing. The only reason I'm not more confident is that I suspect you
> > > may be the alias of one of the (bored) residents here. If you're the
> > > boredom project of one of the better riders of a.m-b then I may not be
> > > able to.
>
> > Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
> > of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
> > fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
> > riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
> > rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.
>
> Now this brings up an interesting point. I had this discussion with
> DeeJay Birch (name drop) after the Angelfire World Cup.
>
> Here goes.
>
> Since so many SS'er are turning laps equal to or faster than our
> geared brethren why is it that so many still demand to have their own
> category to race in?
>
> So many times I have been at a state series race and have seen/heard
> SS'er complaining because the organizers don't have a SS class. If
> there aren't classes for say dual suspensions that are separate from
> hardtails, or perhaps a separate class for rigid .... why should there
> be a separate class for SS's? It is the riders choice as to what bike
> to bring ...
>
> Personally, I am just another old man with a SS ... and given that I
> "retired" more than a dozen years ago, I generally race in my cat on a
> SS. It doesn't make me any slower.
>
> Side note: Since I will be (mainly) on a Siren 55 this season .... I
> am setting the Rig up as a fixie ... Just for the endurance races.
>
> R- Hide quoted text -

right on duder! ya don't need all them gears an' ****!!

MattB
March 22nd 07, 04:48 PM
JD wrote:
> On Mar 21, 9:20 am, "bruno" > wrote:
>
>>how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
>>any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????
>

> IF - Ignorant Fools?
>
> Birds of a feather.
>
> JD

Not into IF? What's your gripe? I'd love a Deluxe but sadly I'm too cheap.

Matt

bruno
March 22nd 07, 05:34 PM
On Mar 22, 12:48 pm, MattB > wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > On Mar 21, 9:20 am, "bruno" > wrote:
>
> >>how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
> >>any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????
>
> > IF - Ignorant Fools?
>
> > Birds of a feather.
>
> > JD
>
> Not into IF? What's your gripe? I'd love a Deluxe but sadly I'm too cheap.
>
> Matt

hey matt! do whatever ya gotta do to git yerself one. me? i eat ramen
24/7! duder! it's ****in' worth it!! drink da ****in' koolaid!!
believe ol' jd don't know what he's ****in' talkin' 'bout! dude's a
hater anyway.

IF's ain't overrated believe you me!!!!

G.T.
March 22nd 07, 05:57 PM
wrote:

> Side note: Since I will be (mainly) on a Siren 55 this season .... I
> am setting the Rig up as a fixie ... Just for the endurance races.

I've been riding my fixie enough to even better appreciate those guys
riding fixies off-road. They're freakin' nuts!!! That being said I've
been eyeing some 27" x 1 1/4" knobblies to run on my Surrender Monkey.
What would that make it, a Surrender Monkey 60?

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

MattB
March 22nd 07, 06:00 PM
bruno wrote:
> On Mar 22, 12:48 pm, MattB > wrote:
>
>>JD wrote:

>>>IF - Ignorant Fools?
>>
>>>Birds of a feather.
>>
>>>JD
>>
>>Not into IF? What's your gripe? I'd love a Deluxe but sadly I'm too cheap.
>>
>>Matt
>

> hey matt! do whatever ya gotta do to git yerself one. me? i eat ramen
> 24/7! duder! it's ****in' worth it!! drink da ****in' koolaid!!
> believe ol' jd don't know what he's ****in' talkin' 'bout! dude's a
> hater anyway.
>
> IF's ain't overrated believe you me!!!!

Uh, yeah. I'll take that into consideration. A good riding buddy of mine
has a Ti Deluxe SS so I'm pretty familiar with them.
My Surly 1x1 does pretty well for me for now (as well as a S-Works Epic
and Roubaix do too), so I'm not going to "do whatever ya gotta do".
I'm one of those "pathetic old guys" you referred to who has a job and
family and they need to come first.

Matt

Ride-A-Lot
March 22nd 07, 06:09 PM
MattB wrote:

> Uh, yeah. I'll take that into consideration. A good riding buddy of mine
> has a Ti Deluxe SS so I'm pretty familiar with them.
> My Surly 1x1 does pretty well for me for now (as well as a S-Works Epic
> and Roubaix do too), so I'm not going to "do whatever ya gotta do".
> I'm one of those "pathetic old guys" you referred to who has a job and
> family and they need to come first.
>
> Matt

Uh oh, Matt. Luks like ya'll have 'ol Bruno dissin' on ya for bein' an
ole fart. :)

Bruno is all about Bruno. Too bad, he's lying about everything. Do you
think for a second a college student can afford to "hang wit da bitches"
in Asia or by a pricey SS? Well, that's unless Mumsy and Dadsy have
bought 'ol Brunu (aka Biff Baxter) what ever he wants (in addition to
his Ivy League edumacation). Which would make sense, since he would use
the street talk to compensate for his snooty nose dialect.

Bruno: I ain't no hater, just a realist.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MattB
March 22nd 07, 06:38 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>

>> Uh, yeah. I'll take that into consideration. A good riding buddy of
>> mine has a Ti Deluxe SS so I'm pretty familiar with them.
>> My Surly 1x1 does pretty well for me for now (as well as a S-Works
>> Epic and Roubaix do too), so I'm not going to "do whatever ya gotta do".
>> I'm one of those "pathetic old guys" you referred to who has a job and
>> family and they need to come first.
>>
>> Matt
>

> Uh oh, Matt. Luks like ya'll have 'ol Bruno dissin' on ya for bein' an
> ole fart. :)
>
> Bruno is all about Bruno. Too bad, he's lying about everything. Do you
> think for a second a college student can afford to "hang wit da bitches"
> in Asia or by a pricey SS? Well, that's unless Mumsy and Dadsy have
> bought 'ol Brunu (aka Biff Baxter) what ever he wants (in addition to
> his Ivy League edumacation). Which would make sense, since he would use
> the street talk to compensate for his snooty nose dialect.
>
> Bruno: I ain't no hater, just a realist.

Unless he dies young (which is entirely possible), he'll get his old
fart time too.

As for the money, I knew guys in college who lived in ski-in, ski-out
homes their parents bought for them while they were students, so
anything's possible.

But what I'm really interested in is why JD doesn't like IF, or if he's
"jus messin wid ol bruno".

Matt

cc
March 22nd 07, 07:17 PM
wrote:
> On Mar 21, 5:57 pm, "JD" > wrote:
>> How ignorant.
>>
>> JD
>
> How short-sited. You were, for the record, one of the SS riders that
> disclaimer was meant for. That said, on most rides there are still
> going to be extended flats or downhills where even you would be faster
> if you had a few gears, unless your SS is geared so steep you never
> find yourself spinning and out of gear. I find it hard to imagine
> climbing with such gearing, and none of the SS bikes I've seen have
> had such gearing.
>
> I think Bruno is most likely the brain child of some average chump,
> and I think there's a good chance I could beat him on his imaginary SS
> with an array of gears at my disposal. It's a lot easier to type
> about being fast then it is to be fast, especially on a singlespeed.
>
> Can't say your reply surprised me, however. After all, everyone
> should ride fixed rigid while riding up black diamond trails, right?

and don't forget never falling ...

cc
March 22nd 07, 07:18 PM
bruno wrote:
> On Mar 22, 9:43 am, Ride-A-Lot > wrote:
>> bruno wrote:
>>
>>> hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
>>> average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
>>> big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
>>> do it all the time.
>>> and the ti IF is nice. real nice.
>> Oops. It looks like your forgot to use your fake thug street talk.
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws
>
> i don't be thuggin' all da time homes. sometimes i be havin' ta ack
> like i in da ivy league an' **** yo.

writin' letterz n' ****, yo?

bruno
March 22nd 07, 07:35 PM
On Mar 22, 1:09 pm, Ride-A-Lot > wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
> > Uh, yeah. I'll take that into consideration. A good riding buddy of mine
> > has a Ti Deluxe SS so I'm pretty familiar with them.
> > My Surly 1x1 does pretty well for me for now (as well as a S-Works Epic
> > and Roubaix do too), so I'm not going to "do whatever ya gotta do".
> > I'm one of those "pathetic old guys" you referred to who has a job and
> > family and they need to come first.
>
> > Matt
>
> Uh oh, Matt. Luks like ya'll have 'ol Bruno dissin' on ya for bein' an
> ole fart. :)
>
> Bruno is all about Bruno. Too bad, he's lying about everything. Do you
> think for a second a college student can afford to "hang wit da bitches"
> in Asia or by a pricey SS? Well, that's unless Mumsy and Dadsy have
> bought 'ol Brunu (aka Biff Baxter) what ever he wants (in addition to
> his Ivy League edumacation). Which would make sense, since he would use
> the street talk to compensate for his snooty nose dialect.
>
> Bruno: I ain't no hater, just a realist.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

dude. dang right ol' bruno is about bruno. but ya know what? i bet
some of you fellers got cars an' houses an' ****. well ol' bruno only
has bikes. nice whips fo' dang sho'. but i live in an apartment in nyc
right now, but as yall know (and some of you haters tried to rain on
ol' bruno's happy days) i'm lightin' out fer se asia. i choose to
spend my hard-earned dough (i make let's jus' say a lot o' dough for a
single free young dude--more'n i need anyway--& i don't get it from ma
an' pa) on whips an' goin' places an' seein' da sights rather than
houses an' cars an' crap they tell ya yer sposed to have. most folks
are ****in' lemmings lemme tell ya. comes from watchin' the ol' idiot
box 24/7.

ol' bruno don't got a tv neither. (bet some o' yall even got them big
ol' flatscreen things most dudes cream over. an' while we're on that i
bet some o' yall even spend a lot o' skrill on fancy backyard grills
an' such. that **** depresses me more'n i can tell ya). well ol' bruno
don't. i ain't gonna get all caught up in that **** an' **** my life
up. aiight. admitted i spend a heckuva lot on real nice whips (the
deluxe makes for my 3rd IF--****in' JD if'n he's serious about bein' a
IF hater is once again full of ****). so along wif da karate monkey,
my stable has four steeds right now.

but i sleep on a ****in' futon an' don't buy all the crap most
everyone else does. that's how i ****in' roll!

happy everything to everybody!!!!

JD
March 22nd 07, 09:53 PM
On Mar 22, 7:41 am, wrote:
> So many times I have been at a state series race and have seen/heard
> SS'er complaining because the organizers don't have a SS class.

That's because some of the biggest douchebags on two wheels are
amateur racers.

JD

JD
March 22nd 07, 09:56 PM
On Mar 22, 10:38 am, MattB > wrote:
> But what I'm really interested in is why JD doesn't like IF, or if he's
> "jus messin wid ol bruno".

Throwing a dart at a dirtdart.

JD

Paladin
March 23rd 07, 02:29 AM
On Mar 22, 9:41 am, wrote:
> On Mar 21, 1:57 pm, MattB > wrote:
>

> > wrote:

> > > I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
> > > range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
> > > thing. The only reason I'm not more confident is that I suspect you
> > > may be the alias of one of the (bored) residents here. If you're the
> > > boredom project of one of the better riders of a.m-b then I may not be
> > > able to.
>
> > Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
> > of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
> > fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
> > riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
> > rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.
>
> Now this brings up an interesting point. I had this discussion with
> DeeJay Birch (name drop) after the Angelfire World Cup.
>
> Here goes.
>
> Since so many SS'er are turning laps equal to or faster than our
> geared brethren why is it that so many still demand to have their own
> category to race in?
>
> So many times I have been at a state series race and have seen/heard
> SS'er complaining because the organizers don't have a SS class. If
> there aren't classes for say dual suspensions that are separate from
> hardtails, or perhaps a separate class for rigid .... why should there
> be a separate class for SS's? It is the riders choice as to what bike
> to bring ...
>
> Personally, I am just another old man with a SS ... and given that I
> "retired" more than a dozen years ago, I generally race in my cat on a
> SS. It doesn't make me any slower.
>
> Side note: Since I will be (mainly) on a Siren 55 this season .... I
> am setting the Rig up as a fixie ... Just for the endurance races.

My opinion on separate classes for SS in mtb races is that for the
most part, SS'ers are more relaxed and have more fun at races. Of
course there are the hotdogs at the top of the pile who feel they have
to act like they're serious roadies, but hey.

CDB

G.T.
March 23rd 07, 02:40 AM
"Paladin" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> My opinion on separate classes for SS in mtb races is that for the
> most part, SS'ers are more relaxed and have more fun at races. Of
> course there are the hotdogs at the top of the pile who feel they have
> to act like they're serious roadies, but hey.

Yep, that was my experience back when I raced. In the beginning there were
alot of SSers, then they mostly disappeared for many years.

I remember back in 1988 up at a race in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park
when not one, but two, SSers gave me pushes, not once each, but twice each
while I was riding past them on steeper climbs. They were nuts on the
descents so we were going back and forth. I think one of them was even
riding drop bars.

I can't imagine a fellow competitor giving me a push these days, SS or not.

Greg

bruno
March 23rd 07, 04:13 PM
On Mar 22, 4:56 pm, "JD" > wrote:
> On Mar 22, 10:38 am, MattB > wrote:
>
> > But what I'm really interested in is why JD doesn't like IF, or if he's
> > "jus messin wid ol bruno".
>
> Throwing a dart at a dirtdart.
>
> JD

dang dude you're a douche.

Duncan
March 24th 07, 11:02 AM
"G.T." > wrote in message

> "Paladin" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> >
>> My opinion on separate classes for SS in mtb races is that for the
>> most part, SS'ers are more relaxed and have more fun at races. Of
>> course there are the hotdogs at the top of the pile who feel they have
>> to act like they're serious roadies, but hey.
>
> Yep, that was my experience back when I raced. In the beginning there
> were alot of SSers, then they mostly disappeared for many years.
>
> I remember back in 1988 up at a race in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park
> when not one, but two, SSers gave me pushes, not once each, but twice each
> while I was riding past them on steeper climbs. They were nuts on the
> descents so we were going back and forth. I think one of them was even
> riding drop bars.
>
> I can't imagine a fellow competitor giving me a push these days, SS or
> not.

I still happens around my neck of the woods[1]. I've had pushes from
friends/strangers/direct competitors either as an apology for slowing me up
on a pinch or as encouragement when I'm suffering up a climb.
All in all the lcoal racing community here is a great bunch of people.
We've had events with categories/sub categories for SS but most SS riders I
know are more happy competing without any special treatment. Most people
seriously overestimate the disadvantage of an SS.

[1] Melbourne, Australia

G.T.
March 24th 07, 04:25 PM
Duncan wrote:
> "G.T." > wrote in message
>> "Paladin" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>> My opinion on separate classes for SS in mtb races is that for the
>>> most part, SS'ers are more relaxed and have more fun at races. Of
>>> course there are the hotdogs at the top of the pile who feel they have
>>> to act like they're serious roadies, but hey.
>> Yep, that was my experience back when I raced. In the beginning there
>> were alot of SSers, then they mostly disappeared for many years.
>>
>> I remember back in 1988 up at a race in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park
>> when not one, but two, SSers gave me pushes, not once each, but twice each
>> while I was riding past them on steeper climbs. They were nuts on the
>> descents so we were going back and forth. I think one of them was even
>> riding drop bars.
>>
>> I can't imagine a fellow competitor giving me a push these days, SS or
>> not.
>
> I still happens around my neck of the woods[1]. I've had pushes from
> friends/strangers/direct competitors either as an apology for slowing me up
> on a pinch or as encouragement when I'm suffering up a climb.
> All in all the lcoal racing community here is a great bunch of people.
> We've had events with categories/sub categories for SS but most SS riders I
> know are more happy competing without any special treatment. Most people
> seriously overestimate the disadvantage of an SS.

Yeah, from looking at pictures of your races I got the feeling that
camaraderie is still there. That's definitely cool.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

bruno
April 1st 07, 04:19 AM
On Mar 24, 12:25 pm, "G.T." > wrote:
> Duncan wrote:
> > "G.T." > wrote in message
> >> "Paladin" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >> Yep, that was my experience back when I raced. In the beginning there
> >> were alot of SSers, then they mostly disappeared for many years.
>
> >> I remember back in 1988 up at a race in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park
> >> when not one, but two, SSers gave me pushes, not once each, but twice each
> >> while I was riding past them on steeper climbs. They were nuts on the
> >> descents so we were going back and forth. I think one of them was even
> >> riding drop bars.
>
> >> I can't imagine a fellow competitor giving me a push these days, SS or
> >> not.
>
> > I still happens around my neck of the woods[1]. I've had pushes from
> > friends/strangers/direct competitors either as an apology for slowing me up
> > on a pinch or as encouragement when I'm suffering up a climb.
> > All in all the lcoal racing community here is a great bunch of people.
> > We've had events with categories/sub categories for SS but most SS riders I
> > know are more happy competing without any special treatment. Most people
> > seriously overestimate the disadvantage of an SS.
>
> Yeah, from looking at pictures of your races I got the feeling that
> camaraderie is still there. That's definitely cool.
>
> Greg
>
> --
> The ticket******* Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html- Hide quoted text -

ridin' my road whip today boys! nice an' sunny here in da nyc!! rode
up 9w to bear mountain and back. good times fellers!!

happy everything to everybody!!!!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home