PDA

View Full Version : A true tragedy

March 22nd 07, 03:26 PM
On Mar 22, 11:53 am, Curtis L. Russell >
wrote:
> The beer, bourbon and bbq festival is being held in Timonium, MD on
> Saturday, March 24, but since it is our 22nd wedding anniversary, my
> wife insists on going to a 'real restaurant' (i.e. not McDonalds or
> Applebies).
>
> OK, sure, she has put up with me for 22 years, but this is really
> unfair in so many ways. And, no, she won't settle for me dropping her
> off at a good restaurant on my way to Timonium - I already asked.
>
> (Five beer and a bourbon token for $ 20 - I am feeling real pain.)

dumbass,

this wouldn't have happened if Al Gore was president.

Curtis L. Russell
March 22nd 07, 03:53 PM
The beer, bourbon and bbq festival is being held in Timonium, MD on
Saturday, March 24, but since it is our 22nd wedding anniversary, my
wife insists on going to a 'real restaurant' (i.e. not McDonalds or
Applebies).

OK, sure, she has put up with me for 22 years, but this is really
unfair in so many ways. And, no, she won't settle for me dropping her
off at a good restaurant on my way to Timonium - I already asked.

(Five beer and a bourbon token for $ 20 - I am feeling real pain.)

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Charles
March 23rd 07, 03:06 AM
"Curtis L. Russell" > wrote in message
> The beer, bourbon and bbq festival is being held in Timonium, MD on
> Saturday, March 24, but since it is our 22nd wedding anniversary, my
> wife insists on going to a 'real restaurant' (i.e. not McDonalds or
> Applebies).
>
> OK, sure, she has put up with me for 22 years, but this is really
> unfair in so many ways. And, no, she won't settle for me dropping her
> off at a good restaurant on my way to Timonium - I already asked.
>
> (Five beer and a bourbon token for $ 20 - I am feeling real pain.)
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Then I will go in your place since I live close enough. Thank your Wife for
me,since I now have the opportunity to attend. Take her to the cafeteria at
IKEA, afterall it is a real restaurant. If that fails than suggest Hard
Times.

BTW, is the Proteus Bike Shop still open ?

Curtis L. Russell
March 23rd 07, 01:53 PM
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:06:14 -0500, "Charles" >
wrote:

>BTW, is the Proteus Bike Shop still open ?

Yes, and it is in recovery mode, but not to where it was in the 70s
and 80s, when most of the cycling crowd in that area was choosing
between Larry Black and College Park Bikes and Larry ?Brown? at
Proteus. Had a custom touring frame and a track frame from them back
then, when the chubby guy did the really good frames. Then there were
the OK frames from the Harley guy with the tatoos and the strange
laugh, and then it went downhill. Someone bought it a few years ago
and there seems to be signs of real life again.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Olebiker
March 23rd 07, 02:30 PM
On Mar 23, 8:53 am, Curtis L. Russell > wrote:
> Yes, and it is in recovery mode, but not to where it was in the 70s
> and 80s, when most of the cycling crowd in that area was choosing
> between Larry Black and College Park Bikes and Larry ?Brown? at
> Proteus. Had a custom touring frame and a track frame from them back
> then, when the chubby guy did the really good frames. Then there were
> the OK frames from the Harley guy with the tatoos and the strange
> laugh, and then it went downhill. Someone bought it a few years ago
> and there seems to be signs of real life again.

I still have an old Proteus frame up in the attic. I rode that sucker
for over 20 years.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home