PDA

View Full Version : TTT?

Dan Connelly
March 26th 07, 06:07 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2007/mar07/castillaleon07/castillaleon071

2 Egoi Martinez (Spa) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.02
5 Alberto Contador (Spa) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.06
7 Ivan Basso (Ita) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
8 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.10
10 Sergio Paulinho (Por) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
11 Jason McCartney (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
13 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.21
14 Thomas Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.22

57% of the top 14.

Curtis L. Russell
March 26th 07, 07:23 PM
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:07:15 GMT, Dan Connelly
> wrote:

>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2007/mar07/castillaleon07/castillaleon071
>
>2 Egoi Martinez (Spa) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.02
>5 Alberto Contador (Spa) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.06
>7 Ivan Basso (Ita) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
>8 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.10
>10 Sergio Paulinho (Por) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
>11 Jason McCartney (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
>13 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.21
>14 Thomas Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.22
>
>57% of the top 14.

With the cutoff guys at 10 seconds, although Discovery likes to finish
together. So I can see them taking any team time trial at the Tour,
with the following caveats of ignorance:

1. Assuming there is a TTT in this years Tour
2. Assuming that Discovery is invited. I closed down my Tour legal
department and no longer follow the nuances of this
3. Assuming that all countries transited in this year's Tour permits
Team Discovery. This may eventually require that the entire Tour
be run in Luxembourg
4. Assuming that there is a Tour this year (see 2)
5. And assuming that Pro Cycling doesn't hire Davey to shut down the
whole pro cycling thing and execute the survivors, which BTW, I
think Davey will do for free and the expense of his bullets

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

William Asher
March 26th 07, 07:28 PM
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> 5. And assuming that Pro Cycling doesn't hire Davey to shut down the
> whole pro cycling thing and execute the survivors, which BTW, I
> think Davey will do for free and the expense of his bullets

Davey wouldn't use a gun, wouldn't even use a club, a big rock would do.

As Ben Franklin once said, be penny wise and pound the foolish.

--
Bill Asher

William Asher
March 26th 07, 09:01 PM
Donald Munro wrote:

> I'd have thought he'd use a Bowie knife.

Wouldn't a foil be more French? Is there such a thing as a Bowie foil?

--
Bill Asher

William Asher
March 26th 07, 09:28 PM
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> On 26 Mar 2007 20:01:49 GMT, William Asher > wrote:
>
>>Donald Munro wrote:
>>

>>> I'd have thought he'd use a Bowie knife.
>>>

>>Wouldn't a foil be more French? Is there such a thing as a Bowie foil?
>
> Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth?

Good point. And who wouldn't want to die by Jennifer Connelly?

--
Bill Asher

Donald Munro
March 26th 07, 09:36 PM

William Asher wrote:
> Davey wouldn't use a gun, wouldn't even use a club, a big rock would do.

I'd have thought he'd use a Bowie knife.

Curtis L. Russell
March 26th 07, 10:10 PM
On 26 Mar 2007 20:01:49 GMT, William Asher > wrote:

>Donald Munro wrote:
>

>> I'd have thought he'd use a Bowie knife.
>>

>Wouldn't a foil be more French? Is there such a thing as a Bowie foil?

Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth?

Curtis L. Russell
OK, not exactly.

Bob Schwartz