PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should encourage betting on cycling

Bill C
April 8th 07, 02:06 AM
http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/12007.0.html

The overall purse for the event was $40,000 - $30,000 for the men's
race and $10,000 for the women. By contrast, the overall purse for the
sporting event that followed the U.S. Open on NBC, the Santa Anita
Derby horse race, had a purse of $750,000. The horse race was held
under warm, sunny skies and lasted 1 and 1/8 miles.

Funnel a couple of percent back to the races and we might actually
have something.
Or maybe we just need more equine 'roids.
Bill C

Caroline
April 8th 07, 08:43 AM
"Bill C" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/12007.0.html
>
> The overall purse for the event was $40,000 - $30,000 for the men's
> race and $10,000 for the women. By contrast, the overall purse for the
> sporting event that followed the U.S. Open on NBC, the Santa Anita
> Derby horse race, had a purse of $750,000. The horse race was held
> under warm, sunny skies and lasted 1 and 1/8 miles.
>
> Funnel a couple of percent back to the races and we might actually
> have something.
> Or maybe we just need more equine 'roids.
> Bill C

Want money? Back in the 80's, Mark Whitehead and Nelson Vales went for the
kirin racing in Japan. BIG BUCKS! Not sure how much they made, but Nelson
was pretty happy with it at the time.

Caroline

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home