PDA

View Full Version : Best frame for TT bike?

John Crankshaw
August 12th 03, 12:50 PM
Give some leads to finding a good TT frame. How does the Cervelo P2K stack
up?

AndresMuro
August 12th 03, 01:22 PM
habanero,

andres

BaCardi
August 12th 03, 04:54 PM
Andresmuro wrote:
> habanero,
> andres

yeah, habanero's got some fantastic deals and the ride is smooth.

Stan Cox
August 12th 03, 09:14 PM
"John Crankshaw" > wrote in message
> Give some leads to finding a good TT frame. How does the Cervelo P2K stack
> up?

TT's are very popular in the Uk and the weapon of choice at the moment seems
to be the Giant TCR Aero, I know I've got one. Lovely frame & not stupidly
expensive. If only my legs were better.

Stan Cox

Andy Coggan
August 13th 03, 02:40 AM
"John Crankshaw" > wrote in message
> Give some leads to finding a good TT frame. How does the Cervelo P2K stack
> up?

It is hard to beat the P2K for the optimal combination of proper geometry,
aerodynamics, and price. The latter is esp. true given that they've become
quite popular the last few years...you can probably pick up a used one for
under $1000.

Andy Coggan

patch70
August 13th 03, 03:24 AM
The P2K is an excellent bike as is the P3. If funds are limited, the
Cervelo Dual is also very good. A slightly cheaper frame with better
wheels will be more aero than a better frame with non-aero wheels. All
of these three have great aerodynamics and so will potentially go fast.
However, make sure you get a proper fit and that the bike is
comfortable for you. If you purchased a Kestrel or a Softride that is
slightly less aerodynamic but which perhaps you find more comfortable
(and hence can keep going in the aero bars for longer), then this will
ultimately be faster.

Andy Coggan
August 13th 03, 12:48 PM
"patch70" > wrote in message
> The P2K is an excellent bike as is the P3. If funds are limited, the
> Cervelo Dual is also very good. A slightly cheaper frame with better
> wheels will be more aero than a better frame with non-aero wheels. All
> of these three have great aerodynamics and so will potentially go fast.
> However, make sure you get a proper fit and that the bike is
> comfortable for you. If you purchased a Kestrel or a Softride that is
> slightly less aerodynamic but which perhaps you find more comfortable
> (and hence can keep going in the aero bars for longer), then this will
> ultimately be faster.

You sound like a triathlete - no racing cyclist I know who bothers to invest
in a bike just for TTing worries about whether the frame is "comfortable"
enough that they can stay in the aerobars. If you can't in the aero position
for 40k, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on a separate TT bike.

Andy Coggan

patch70
August 15th 03, 06:53 AM
>"You sound like a triathlete"
You'd better clean out your ears then Andy.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home