PDA

View Full Version : Black Socks Are, Like, So Cool

Richard Cheese
April 15th 07, 12:26 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/apr07/roubaix07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/apr07/roubaix07/pastwinners/1900bourhours

Ryan Cousineau
April 16th 07, 07:37 AM
In article >,
"Richard Cheese" > wrote:

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/apr07/roubaix07/index.php?id=/photos/20
> 07/apr07/roubaix07/pastwinners/1900bourhours

Great photo. But don't get me started on black socks type regulations.
Today's local "Harris-Roubaix" race, started in unseasonably warm 10C
temperatures, was kicked off with a strict knee-warmer check.

What, you haven't experienced this relatively new UCI regulation? In
cold temperatures, full leggings/tights are permitted, but in warm
temperatures (above 15C?) it's shorts and nothing but.

Under no circumstances are knee warmers allowed.

The apparent rationale is some belief that recent "blood flow enhancing"
knits may give a performance advantage.

My clearly-medicinal elastic knee braces passed without comment. On the
downside, I currently have to wear knee braces during all my rides to
prevent knee pain from flaring up.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home