PDA

View Full Version : Hub Question

Eric St. Mary
August 14th 03, 06:36 PM
I'm trying to decide on what type of rear hub to get; its either going
to be a Chris King or Phil Wood. I don't currently need the disc type
for any reason, in the future, as these hubs are supposed to last
"forever", I may. Is there any reason not to purchase a disc compatible
hub, excluding the few extra bucks, when building up a new wheel?

Eric

David Kunz
August 14th 03, 09:45 PM
Eric St. Mary wrote:

> I'm trying to decide on what type of rear hub to get; its either going
> to be a Chris King or Phil Wood. I don't currently need the disc type
> for any reason, in the future, as these hubs are supposed to last
> "forever", I may. Is there any reason not to purchase a disc compatible
> hub, excluding the few extra bucks, when building up a new wheel?
>
> Eric

I felt that way about 2 years ago. But, my riding changed and I now, I
have discs front and back and had to get new hubs to do it -- but _FOR
ME_, it was a significant improvement and worth it (I managed to get the
hubs as presents for my birthday :)).

SO, I'd get them.

Now, I just wish that I'd gotten my Chris King rear hub in 36 hole...

David

Dion Dock
August 15th 03, 06:15 PM
Get a Shimano or Campy hub if you want it to last forever. They are going
to be your best bets for spare parts and overall design.

On the other hand, if you want something different from the crowd, either
one of these will work for you.

-Dion

"Eric St. Mary" > wrote in message
> I'm trying to decide on what type of rear hub to get; its either going
> to be a Chris King or Phil Wood. I don't currently need the disc type
> for any reason, in the future, as these hubs are supposed to last
> "forever", I may. Is there any reason not to purchase a disc compatible
> hub, excluding the few extra bucks, when building up a new wheel?
>
> Eric

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home