PDA

View Full Version : In the News: Basso's Tour de France in doubt

Jason Spaceman
April 20th 07, 04:22 PM
Looks like Levi could be Discovery's numba' one stunna' this July, and
he won't have to carry Basso's water bottles afterall.

See
http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More_Sport/0,,2-9-32_2102066,00.html
and 'Tour de France director asks teams to pull cyclists implicated in
doping scandal' at http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/070420/s042022A.html

J. Spaceman

Steve[_2_]
April 21st 07, 05:56 AM
"Jason Spaceman" > wrote in message
> Looks like Levi could be Discovery's numba' one stunna' this July, and
> he won't have to carry Basso's water bottles afterall.
>
> See
> http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More_Sport/0,,2-9-32_2102066,00.html
> and 'Tour de France director asks teams to pull cyclists implicated in
> doping scandal' at http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/070420/s042022A.html

Basso should demand a DNA test against the Puerto blood and tell them to
prove it. What does he have to lose ? The issue will not go away until he is
too old to win.

April 21st 07, 06:27 AM
On Apr 21, 12:56 am, "Steve" > wrote:
> "Jason Spaceman" > wrote in message
>
> ...> Looks like Levi could be Discovery's numba' one stunna' this July, and
> > he won't have to carry Basso's water bottles afterall.
>
> > See
> >http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More_Sport/0,,2-9-32_2102066,00.html
> > and 'Tour de France director asks teams to pull cyclists implicated in
> > doping scandal' athttp://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/070420/s042022A.html
>
> Basso should demand a DNA test against the Puerto blood and tell them to
> prove it. What does he have to lose ? The issue will not go away until he is
> too old to win.

dumbass,

when the puerto story broke only two riders (davis and quesada ?)
immediately offered to do DNA tests. what does that tell you ?

Keith
April 21st 07, 07:16 PM
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:22:39 -0400, Jason Spaceman
> wrote:

>Looks like Levi could be Discovery's numba' one stunna' this July, and
>he won't have to carry Basso's water bottles afterall.
>
>See
>http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More_Sport/0,,2-9-32_2102066,00.html
>and 'Tour de France director asks teams to pull cyclists implicated in
>doping scandal' at http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/070420/s042022A.html

That's the only sensible thing to do, Ullrich's positive will have
done some good after all. I guess the Disco lawyers hadn't planned on
that when they said it was OK to hire Basso...

That means that other than Davis and Quesada who asked for a DNA test
as soon as Puerto broke, they're most likely all guilty, Basso,
Jackshe, Mancebo, Beloki, Sevilla, etc...

Tom Grosman
April 21st 07, 09:23 PM
"Keith" > a écrit dans le message de news:
| On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:22:39 -0400, Jason Spaceman
| > wrote:
|
| >Looks like Levi could be Discovery's numba' one stunna' this July, and
| >he won't have to carry Basso's water bottles afterall.
| >
| >See
| >http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More_Sport/0,,2-9-32_2102066,00.html
| >and 'Tour de France director asks teams to pull cyclists implicated in
| >doping scandal' at http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/070420/s042022A.html
|
| That's the only sensible thing to do, Ullrich's positive will have
| done some good after all. I guess the Disco lawyers hadn't planned on
| that when they said it was OK to hire Basso...

Yeah, Basso will have to settle for the Giro/Vuelta double this year. Man,
Disco just wasted 1.5 million bucks.

April 23rd 07, 05:21 PM
This is a major blow for Discovery and Basso. This development can
only complicate and cause doubt for any new potential Discovery
sponsors.

On Apr 20, 8:22 am, Jason Spaceman >
wrote:
> Looks like Levi could be Discovery's numba' one stunna' this July, and
> he won't have to carry Basso's water bottles afterall.
>
> Seehttp://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More_Sport/0,,2-9-32_2102066,00.html
> and 'Tour de France director asks teams to pull cyclists implicated in
> doping scandal' athttp://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/070420/s042022A.html
>
> J. Spaceman

Tom Kunich
April 24th 07, 03:17 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> This is a major blow for Discovery and Basso. This development can
> only complicate and cause doubt for any new potential Discovery
> sponsors.

There's an easy fix. If ALL of the teams simply stop attending ProTour and
Grand Tours for just one year they're sunk completely out of sight.

April 24th 07, 03:34 AM
On Apr 23, 10:17 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > This is a major blow for Discovery and Basso. This development can
> > only complicate and cause doubt for any new potential Discovery
> > sponsors.
>
> There's an easy fix. If ALL of the teams simply stop attending ProTour and
> Grand Tours for just one year they're sunk completely out of sight.

dumbass,

that's where you're wrong. the riders have little value on their own
it's the race that are the event.

the tour was still the tour without out basso, vino, ullrich. but a
contrived protour race like the tour of poland, even with big names
like basso gets no attention.

the advertising reveue of a grand tour dwarfs a pro teams budget.

that is why the ASO et al. keeps calling the shots and the UCI has no
choice but to cave. what is the UCI doing for unibet ? they didn't
stop paris-nice from proceeding as a UCI race with all the other
protour teams.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home