PDA

View Full Version : Jacksche defiant !

Keith
April 25th 07, 12:03 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/apr07/apr22news

Does he believe that Basso will be allowed to ride the Tour de France
this year? "He will definitely ride. His sponsors will make sure of
that. Nike is Basso's main personal sponsor and an official partner of
the Tour. Versus (an American television network that used to be
called Outdoor Life network and that broadcasts the Tour de France in
the US) belongs to Discovery Channel, and as far as I know, has bought
the US TV rights to the Tour for the next four years. So theoretically
speaking, Basso shouldn't have any problem in France."

Jaksche sympathized with landsman Jan Ullrich. "I'm sorry that Ullrich
has been so massacred. It's really awful. I don't believe that he
cheated. I have information from every possible side -- there are many
rumours going around, all concerning Jan's innocence. They sound
plausible. He's never been found to have cheated."

Wow, and he's the guy who said that even if his blood was found in
Spain it wouldn't mean he's guilty...event better that Spotted Dick !

Tom Kunich
April 25th 07, 05:19 AM
Nothing is so pitiful as those who believe in innocent until proven guilty.

"Keith" > wrote in message
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/apr07/apr22news
>
> Does he believe that Basso will be allowed to ride the Tour de France
> this year? "He will definitely ride. His sponsors will make sure of
> that. Nike is Basso's main personal sponsor and an official partner of
> the Tour. Versus (an American television network that used to be
> called Outdoor Life network and that broadcasts the Tour de France in
> the US) belongs to Discovery Channel, and as far as I know, has bought
> the US TV rights to the Tour for the next four years. So theoretically
> speaking, Basso shouldn't have any problem in France."
>
> Jaksche sympathized with landsman Jan Ullrich. "I'm sorry that Ullrich
> has been so massacred. It's really awful. I don't believe that he
> cheated. I have information from every possible side -- there are many
> rumours going around, all concerning Jan's innocence. They sound
> plausible. He's never been found to have cheated."
>
> Wow, and he's the guy who said that even if his blood was found in
> Spain it wouldn't mean he's guilty...event better that Spotted Dick !

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home