PDA

View Full Version : Brochard and other elder riders

Chris M
May 5th 07, 02:19 AM
Eki finally retired (again, for good this time) so I am trying to
figure out who the eldest riders are now. Brochard has to be close to
40 (he was in the World's Rainbow Jersey when he and his Festina team
were expelled from the 1998 Tour) I saw that Brochard was in a break
in Switzerland and it looks like he is still keeping up.

Who else are older than 35 or so? Eki was the last guy that retired
while my age or older...so now I feel...a little older?

On a related now, what are some of the best web or 'net resources for
cycling stats of all types. I would have expected the UCI site to have
more info and while cyclingnews.com has maintained all of the stories
since they started to publish, which is great..but I was hoping that
there were some English sites that backfilled in some of the coverage
from the pre-public Internet era. The best site I know of is French
only.

May 5th 07, 02:44 AM
On May 4, 9:19 pm, Chris M > wrote:
> Eki finally retired (again, for good this time) so I am trying to
> figure out who the eldest riders are now. Brochard has to be close to
> 40 (he was in the World's Rainbow Jersey when he and his Festina team
> were expelled from the 1998 Tour) I saw that Brochard was in a break
> in Switzerland and it looks like he is still keeping up.
>
> Who else are older than 35 or so? Eki was the last guy that retired
> while my age or older...so now I feel...a little older?
>
> On a related now, what are some of the best web or 'net resources for
> cycling stats of all types. I would have expected the UCI site to have
> more info and while cyclingnews.com has maintained all of the stories
> since they started to publish, which is great..but I was hoping that
> there were some English sites that backfilled in some of the coverage
> from the pre-public Internet era. The best site I know of is French
> only.

PVP is 37 I believe

Ewoud Dronkert
May 5th 07, 07:01 PM
Chris M wrote:
> On a related now, what are some of the best web or 'net resources for
> cycling stats of all types.

www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net

And from last years' final protour ranking:

MENGIN Christophe (FRA) 19680903
CUESTA LOPEZ DE CASTRO Inigo (ESP) 19690603
VAN PETEGEM Peter (BEL) 19700118
HONCHAR Serhiy (UKR) 19700703
ZABEL Erik (GER) 19700707
DEKKER Erik (NED) 19700821
WESEMANN Steffen (SUI) 19710311
MOREAU Christophe (FRA) 19710412
BELTRAN MARTINEZ Manuel (ESP) 19710528
ARRIETA LUJAMBIO José Luis (ESP) 19710615
REBELLIN Davide (ITA) 19710809
SIMONI Gilberto (ITA) 19710825
STEELS Tom (BEL) 19710902
VOIGT Jens (GER) 19710917
PIEPOLI Leonardo (ITA) 19710929
GUESDON Frédéric (FRA) 19711014
HORNER Christopher (USA) 19711023
JULICH Bobby (USA) 19711118
GUIDI Fabrizio (ITA) 19720413
BOOGERD Michael (NED) 19720528
MCEWEN Robbie (AUS) 19720624
MARTIN PERDIGUERO Miguel Angel (ESP) 19721014
ROESEMS Bert (BEL) 19721014
BOTERO ECHEVERRY Santiago (COL) 19721027
MORENI Cristian (ITA) 19721121

--
E. Dronkert

May 6th 07, 04:37 AM
On May 4, 7:19 pm, Chris M > wrote:
> Eki finally retired (again, for good this time) so I am trying to
> figure out who the eldest riders are now. Brochard has to be close to
> 40 (he was in the World's Rainbow Jersey when he and his Festina team
> were expelled from the 1998 Tour) I saw that Brochard was in a break
> in Switzerland and it looks like he is still keeping up.
>
> Who else are older than 35 or so? Eki was the last guy that retired
> while my age or older...so now I feel...a little older?

---------------------------------

Konyshev is like 55, is he still racing for LPR? and he didn't even
get fired fro raping a prostitute with a car full
of russian neo-pros...could old kony, showing them the ropes in italy

Ryan Cousineau
May 6th 07, 06:03 AM
In article >,
Ewoud Dronkert > wrote:

> Chris M wrote:
> > On a related now, what are some of the best web or 'net resources for
> > cycling stats of all types.
>
> www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net
>
> And from last years' final protour ranking:
>
> MENGIN Christophe (FRA) 19680903
> CUESTA LOPEZ DE CASTRO Inigo (ESP) 19690603
> VAN PETEGEM Peter (BEL) 19700118
> HONCHAR Serhiy (UKR) 19700703
> ZABEL Erik (GER) 19700707
> DEKKER Erik (NED) 19700821
> WESEMANN Steffen (SUI) 19710311
> MOREAU Christophe (FRA) 19710412
> BELTRAN MARTINEZ Manuel (ESP) 19710528
> ARRIETA LUJAMBIO José Luis (ESP) 19710615
> REBELLIN Davide (ITA) 19710809
> SIMONI Gilberto (ITA) 19710825
> STEELS Tom (BEL) 19710902
> VOIGT Jens (GER) 19710917
> PIEPOLI Leonardo (ITA) 19710929
> GUESDON Frédéric (FRA) 19711014
> HORNER Christopher (USA) 19711023
> JULICH Bobby (USA) 19711118
> GUIDI Fabrizio (ITA) 19720413
> BOOGERD Michael (NED) 19720528
> MCEWEN Robbie (AUS) 19720624
> MARTIN PERDIGUERO Miguel Angel (ESP) 19721014
> ROESEMS Bert (BEL) 19721014
> BOTERO ECHEVERRY Santiago (COL) 19721027
> MORENI Cristian (ITA) 19721121

There's a bunch of those 1972ers I now have to track: when the last of
them retires I'll be older than every member of the pro peloton.

Curtis L. Russell
May 7th 07, 03:00 PM
On Sun, 06 May 2007 05:03:56 GMT, Ryan Cousineau >
wrote:

>There's a bunch of those 1972ers I now have to track: when the last of
>them retires I'll be older than every member of the pro peloton.

I'm tracking everyone younger than my son. I have maybe six-seven
years before I feel really old.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...