PDA

View Full Version : Gel recipe - where is that thread?

DaveB
May 5th 07, 04:29 AM
There was a past thread on home-made gels which I have found before via
Google Groups search but for some reason it's not coming up today. I'm
pretty sure the recipe was from Bleve, so if you're out there Carl can
you re-post it, or if anyone else can find the thread post the link. Thanks.

DaveB

cfsmtb[_163_]
May 5th 07, 09:49 AM
DaveB Wrote:
> There was a past thread on home-made gels which I have found before via
> Google Groups search but for some reason it's not coming up today. I'm
> pretty sure the recipe was from Bleve, so if you're out there Carl can
> you re-post it, or if anyone else can find the thread post the link.
> Thanks.

Weird, thought I be able to find it via typing in the magic word
"leppin" into googlegroups. But alas, no. Maybe gg is having a nanna
nap or downtime? Dunno if Bob's Jungle Juice recipe is any good to you,
but Bikesoiler has been known to mix his own variety of this "classic".

Refer to page four:
http://www.bbta.org/Newsletter/cyclingtimesAugSept03.pdf

--
cfsmtb

Bleve
May 5th 07, 10:02 AM
On May 5, 1:29 pm, DaveB > wrote:
> There was a past thread on home-made gels which I have found before via
> Google Groups search but for some reason it's not coming up today. I'm
> pretty sure the recipe was from Bleve, so if you're out there Carl can
> you re-post it, or if anyone else can find the thread post the link. Thanks.

It wasn't me, I'm sorry, I have a receipe for a sports drink, but not
a gel.

here's one though :

http://www.exile.org/gu/gu.html

Michael Warner[_2_]
May 5th 07, 03:04 PM
On Sat, 05 May 2007 13:29:07 +1000, DaveB wrote:

> There was a past thread on home-made gels which I have found before via
> Google Groups search but for some reason it's not coming up today. I'm
> pretty sure the recipe was from Bleve, so if you're out there Carl can
> you re-post it, or if anyone else can find the thread post the link. Thanks.

Take any sports drink recipe and cut out 90% of the water.

::dom::[_25_]
May 6th 07, 01:56 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> It wasn't me, I'm sorry, I have a receipe for a sports drink, but not
> a gel.

Let's have it then...

please :)

the drink receipe that is... thanks

--
::dom::

Bleve
May 6th 07, 08:22 AM
On May 6, 10:56 am, ::dom:: <dom.2q4...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
>
> > It wasn't me, I'm sorry, I have a receipe for a sports drink, but not
> > a gel.
>
> Let's have it then...
>
> please :)
>
> the drink receipe that is... thanks

It's on my website, you know where that is.

::dom::[_26_]
May 6th 07, 08:54 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> On May 6, 10:56 am, ::dom:: <dom.2q4...@no-
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > > It wasn't me, I'm sorry, I have a receipe for a sports drink, but
> not
> > > a gel.
> >
> > Let's have it then...
> >
> > please :)
> >
> > the drink receipe that is... thanks
>
> It's on my website, you know where that is.

yup! thanks

--
::dom::

Spiny Norman
May 13th 07, 12:57 AM
On Sat, 05 May 2007 13:29:07 +1000, DaveB
> wrote in aus.bicycle:

>There was a past thread on home-made gels which I have found before via
>Google Groups search but for some reason it's not coming up today. I'm
>pretty sure the recipe was from Bleve, so if you're out there Carl can
>you re-post it, or if anyone else can find the thread post the link. Thanks.

As these things seem to be mostly various forms of sugar why not buy a
jar of strawberry jam should be perfect and full of fruit too, must
be good for you ;)

(might have to lose the glass container though)

Regards
Prickles

Timendi causa est nescire
This message only uses recycled electrons

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home