PDA

View Full Version : Hammer falls on Valverde in Puerto

Keith
May 7th 07, 03:41 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news

'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
alleged association with Fuentes.

It always seemed odd when Puerto broke out during the 2006 Giro that
the Spanish papers thought it useful to specify that Valverde wasn't
involved...

May 7th 07, 04:30 AM
Dear Keith:
Keith wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
>
> 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
> Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
> summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
> alleged association with Fuentes.
>
> It always seemed odd when Puerto broke out during the 2006 Giro that
> the Spanish papers thought it useful to specify that Valverde wasn't
> involved...

This scandal has gotten to the point where I'm expecting we'll learn
Tyler Hamilton has tested positive for Jan Ullrich.....

Mark
May 7th 07, 06:37 AM
On May 6, 11:30 pm, wrote:
> Dear Keith:
>
> Keith wrote:
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
>
> > 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
> > Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
> > summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
> > alleged association with Fuentes.

I've been amazed that the code names have been so simple-minded and
cheesy. It's as if someone wanted the dopers to be caught. What's
wrong with random characters for code names?

May 7th 07, 07:28 AM
On May 6, 10:37 pm, Mark > wrote:

> I've been amazed that the code names have been so simple-minded and
> cheesy. It's as if someone wanted the dopers to be caught. What's
> wrong with random characters for code names?

We've already had a couple of riders who were extremely lucky with
their mixup, allegedly...

William Asher
May 7th 07, 07:38 AM
Mark > wrote in news:1178516272.812631.282270
@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> I've been amazed that the code names have been so simple-minded and
> cheesy. It's as if someone wanted the dopers to be caught. What's
> wrong with random characters for code names?

A random string of characters is too hard to remember. At 8PM at the end
of the day, you just want to ask the rider: "Is your dog named
'Birillo?'" rather than "Your bag is X9.12CF right?" Even the dog name
thing was too complicated, if what people suspect happened did happen.

They thought they were being clever, probably. These are doctors and
bicycle racers, not cryptographers. The height of cleverness for a
bicycle racer is to adopt the nym Richard Cheese when posting to usenet.
The height of cleverness for a doctor is likely sewing their initials
into someone's stomach when they're in for a gastric bypass.

--
Bill Asher

Ryan Cousineau
May 7th 07, 08:03 AM
In article om>,
Mark > wrote:

> On May 6, 11:30 pm, wrote:
> > Dear Keith:
> >
> > Keith wrote:
> > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
> >
> > > 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
> > > Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
> > > summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
> > > alleged association with Fuentes.
> >
> I've been amazed that the code names have been so simple-minded and
> cheesy. It's as if someone wanted the dopers to be caught. What's
> wrong with random characters for code names?

Well, the trope would be something like, if they were smart enough to be
good at it, they'd be smart enough not to be criminals.

MMan
May 7th 07, 10:25 AM
Mark wrote:
> > > 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
> > > Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
> > > summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
> > > alleged association with Fuentes.
> >
> I've been amazed that the code names have been so simple-minded and
> cheesy. It's as if someone wanted the dopers to be caught. What's
> wrong with random characters for code names?

I've wondered about this, too.

"Hello, Dr. Fuentes! My name in Louis-Pierre, I would like to race
faster."

"What is your dog's name?"

"My dog? I have no dog, Dr. Fuentes."

"Sorry, Louis-Pierre. We only dope riders with dogs. Next!"

"Dr. Fuentes, my name is Rudolf-Heinz. I would like to race faster."

"What is your dog's name?"

"My dog is named Peloton."

"Ah, we already have a customer with a dog named Peloton! Sorry,
Rudolf-Heinz, we cannot help you. Next!"

paolo
May 7th 07, 09:15 PM
On May 6, 7:41 pm, Keith > wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
>
> 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
> Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
> summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
> alleged association with Fuentes.
>
> It always seemed odd when Puerto broke out during the 2006 Giro that
> the Spanish papers thought it useful to specify that Valverde wasn't
> involved...

Wow. Valverde, Basso, Landis, Herrera (although he's such old news
now)...who's next? Great timing with the Giro this weekend. Cunego
and Simoni must be getting pretty excited about the what they're
finding in the spanish blood fridge these days.

Sandy
May 7th 07, 09:28 PM
Dans le message de
oups.com,
paolo > a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> On May 6, 7:41 pm, Keith > wrote:
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
>>
>> 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
>> Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
>> summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
>> alleged association with Fuentes.
>>
>> It always seemed odd when Puerto broke out during the 2006 Giro that
>> the Spanish papers thought it useful to specify that Valverde wasn't
>> involved...
>
> Wow. Valverde, Basso, Landis, Herrera (although he's such old news
> now)...who's next? Great timing with the Giro this weekend. Cunego
> and Simoni must be getting pretty excited about the what they're
> finding in the spanish blood fridge these days.

Get ready to learn the names of some Elite 2 riders, the only ones possibly
left to fill in the gaps at the big races. Who knows ? Maybe this is the
door opening for Unibet.
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Andre
May 7th 07, 10:23 PM
On May 7, 4:15 pm, paolo > wrote:
> On May 6, 7:41 pm, Keith > wrote:
>
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
>
> > 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
> > Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
> > summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
> > alleged association with Fuentes.
>
> > It always seemed odd when Puerto broke out during the 2006 Giro that
> > the Spanish papers thought it useful to specify that Valverde wasn't
> > involved...
>
> Wow. Valverde, Basso, Landis, Herrera (although he's such old news
> now)...who's next? Great timing with the Giro this weekend. Cunego
> and Simoni must be getting pretty excited about the what they're
> finding in the spanish blood fridge these days.

You forgot Ulrich, Armstrong, Millar, Hondo, Messeuw...

John Forrest Tomlinson
May 7th 07, 11:18 PM
On Mon, 7 May 2007 22:28:07 +0200, "Sandy" > wrote:

>Dans le message de
oups.com,
>paolo > a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
>> On May 6, 7:41 pm, Keith > wrote:
>>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
>>>
>>> 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
>>> Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
>>> summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
>>> alleged association with Fuentes.
>>>
>>> It always seemed odd when Puerto broke out during the 2006 Giro that
>>> the Spanish papers thought it useful to specify that Valverde wasn't
>>> involved...
>>
>> Wow. Valverde, Basso, Landis, Herrera (although he's such old news
>> now)...who's next? Great timing with the Giro this weekend. Cunego
>> and Simoni must be getting pretty excited about the what they're
>> finding in the spanish blood fridge these days.
>
>Get ready to learn the names of some Elite 2 riders, the only ones possibly
>left to fill in the gaps at the big races. Who knows ? Maybe this is the
>door opening for Unibet.

Is Moncoutie riding the Tour of Italy or the Tour of France. He's my
pick.

--
JT
****************************

Keith
May 8th 07, 01:16 AM

>>> Wow. Valverde, Basso, Landis, Herrera (although he's such old news
>>> now)...who's next? Great timing with the Giro this weekend. Cunego
>>> and Simoni must be getting pretty excited about the what they're
>>> finding in the spanish blood fridge these days.
>>
>>Get ready to learn the names of some Elite 2 riders, the only ones possibly
>>left to fill in the gaps at the big races. Who knows ? Maybe this is the
>>door opening for Unibet.
>
>Is Moncoutie riding the Tour of Italy or the Tour of France. He's my
>pick.

Well he broke a leg in Romandie, but he should still be able to do
better on one leg than the doped up fiends who can't dope anymore !

Donald Munro
May 8th 07, 10:48 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Is Moncoutie riding the Tour of Italy or the Tour of France. He's my
> pick.

LANCE is going to make a comeback just so that Lafferty can stage a
comeback of his own to rbr (HE'll be sponsored by SchwartzSoft).

Dan Gregory
May 8th 07, 12:01 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

> Is Moncoutie riding the Tour of Italy or the Tour of France. He's my
> pick.

He broke his femur in the tour de Romandie

John Forrest Tomlinson
May 8th 07, 01:06 PM
On Tue, 08 May 2007 12:01:38 +0100, Dan Gregory
> wrote:

>John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>
>> Is Moncoutie riding the Tour of Italy or the Tour of France. He's my
>> pick.
>>
>He broke his femur in the tour de Romandie

Well then I've picked him for the Tour of Spain.

--
JT
****************************

RicodJour
May 8th 07, 03:59 PM
On May 7, 1:37 am, Mark > wrote:
> On May 6, 11:30 pm, wrote:> Dear Keith:
>
> > Keith wrote:
> > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news
>
> > > 'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
> > > Spanish newspapers confirmed, however, the Spaniard has never been
> > > summoned by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) in regards to his
> > > alleged association with Fuentes.
>
> I've been amazed that the code names have been so simple-minded and
> cheesy. It's as if someone wanted the dopers to be caught. What's
> wrong with random characters for code names?

If there's a code, they'll try to break it and keep working until they
feel they've met with success. What the idjits shoulda done, was to
simply swap names on the blood bags, use rhyming words to create new
names of real people, and then make anagrams out of the fabricated
names. So when they "break" the code, the anagram, they'll find it
points to a real person with no knowledge of the blood bank at all.
It would be even better if the real person was a real dead person so
there would not only be no knowledge, there'd be no cognitive process
at all and no testimony. All participants would have decoder rings
delivered in cereal boxes.

At least that way we'd know they weren't simply lazy in trying to hide
things.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home