PDA

View Full Version : So.... Who else is going to get snagged before the Giro?

Hell and High Water
May 7th 07, 10:21 PM
Any names being discussed? Suspicions?

-Bob

No Name
May 7th 07, 11:02 PM
"Hell and High Water" > a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
> Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
>

> -Bob

Valverde

Tom Grosman
May 7th 07, 11:41 PM
<Montesquiou> a écrit dans le message de news:

| "Hell and High Water" > a écrit dans le message
de
| news: ...
| > Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
| >

| > -Bob
| >

| Valverde

He didn't commit a crime. Doping wasn't illegal in Spain when he did it.
He's not part of an ongoing investigation either.

No Name
May 8th 07, 01:14 AM
"Tom Grosman" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> <Montesquiou> a écrit dans le message de news:
> |
> | "Hell and High Water" > a écrit dans le message
> de
> | news: ...
> | > Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
> | >

> | > -Bob
> | >

> | Valverde
> |

> He didn't commit a crime. Doping wasn't illegal in Spain when he did it.
> He's not part of an ongoing investigation either.

Strong suspition of to be a Fuentes client.
According Gazetta dello Sport today a bag were found at Funtes home - with
names 'Valv' et 'Piti'.(his dog ;)
A Spanish magistrate is .in process of investigation.

I doubt he will escape

Bob Schwartz
May 8th 07, 05:00 AM
Hell and High Water wrote:
> Any names being discussed? Suspicions?

The soccer players are all clean. Money has
an amazing cleansing effect.

Bob Schwartz

need more sun
May 8th 07, 07:37 AM
On May 8, 12:41 am, "Tom Grosman" > wrote:
> <Montesquiou> a écrit dans le message de news:
> |
> | "Hell and High Water" > a écrit dans le message
> de
> |news: MPG.20a9546b778b4054989__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__.. ...
> | > Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
> | >

> | > -Bob
> | >

> | Valverde
> |

> He didn't commit a crime. Doping wasn't illegal in Spain when he did it.
> He's not part of an ongoing investigation either.

He didn't commit a 'legal' crime all right...but all indications are
that he committed a sporting one, and thus he can be suspended under
the rules. He could also (theoretically) be charged in a court with
sporting fraud. He's been protected up till now but he's going to go,
sooner or later.

Donald Munro
May 8th 07, 11:09 AM

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> The soccer players are all clean. Money has
> an amazing cleansing effect.

Money laundering should be used as a disinfectent in British hospitals.
All those nasty superbugs wouldn't have a chance.

B. Lafferty
May 8th 07, 12:56 PM
"Hell and High Water" > wrote in message
. ..
> Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
>

> -Bob

The top riders of every Pro Tour team except Discovery.

need more sun
May 8th 07, 01:45 PM
On May 8, 1:56 pm, "B. Lafferty" > wrote:
> "Hell and High Water" > wrote in ws.com...
>
> > Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
>
> > -Bob
>
> The top riders of every Pro Tour team except Discovery.

You are right, they are unlikely to get busted anytime soon..as anyone
involved in a high speed car chase knows, you stand a very small
chance of being caught if you have a Ferrari..

Fred Fredburger
May 8th 07, 03:33 PM
Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Hell and High Water wrote:
>> Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
>
> The soccer players are all clean. Money has
> an amazing cleansing effect.

Where does one purchase indulgences these days?

May 8th 07, 03:39 PM
On May 8, 7:33 am, Fred Fredburger
> wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > Hell and High Water wrote:
> >> Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
>
> > The soccer players are all clean. Money has
> > an amazing cleansing effect.
>
> Where does one purchase indulgences these days?

Maybe you don't understand what's going on here? Whether or not Soccer
is doing anything about drugs, their national organization isn't
stupid enough to make them the laughing stock of the sports world like
the UCI seems intent on doing.

Tom Grosman
May 8th 07, 06:55 PM
Scarponi also fessed up.

"Hell and High Water" > a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
| Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
|

| -Bob

Keith
May 8th 07, 09:33 PM
On Tue, 8 May 2007 19:55:13 +0200, "Tom Grosman" >
wrote:

>Scarponi also fessed up.

To attempted doping too ?

>"Hell and High Water" > a écrit dans le message de
>news: ...
>| Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
>|

>| -Bob

paolo
May 8th 07, 10:39 PM
On May 7, 11:37 pm, need more sun > wrote:
> On May 8, 12:41 am, "Tom Grosman" > wrote:
>

> > <Montesquiou> a écrit dans le message de news:
> > |
> > | "Hell and High Water" > a écrit dans le message
> > de
> > |news: MPG.20a9546b778b4054989__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__.. .__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__... ...

> > | Valverde
> > |

> > He didn't commit a crime. Doping wasn't illegal in Spain when he did it.
> > He's not part of an ongoing investigation either.
>
> He didn't commit a 'legal' crime all right...but all indications are
> that he committed a sporting one, and thus he can be suspended under
> the rules. He could also (theoretically) be charged in a court with
> sporting fraud. He's been protected up till now but he's going to go,
> sooner or later.- Hide quoted text -

That is correct as far as I understand.

Even beyond a "sporting crime", Valverde (and Basso) did violate the
conditions setforth in ASO's team/rider contracts. Being implicated
in an investigation are grounds for being barred from one or more of
their respective events. I believe it's not an absolute and they
reserve the right to simply restrict participation based upon their
own best judgement. Which essentially means, is this going to cost me
sponsor dollars or broadcast coverage. If so, then rider-x needs to
start packing.

RonSonic
May 9th 07, 05:51 AM
On Tue, 08 May 2007 07:33:38 -0700, Fred Fredburger
> wrote:

>Bob Schwartz wrote:
>> Hell and High Water wrote:
>>> Any names being discussed? Suspicions?
>>
>> The soccer players are all clean. Money has
>> an amazing cleansing effect.
>
>Where does one purchase indulgences these days?

Find Dick Pound's old law firm. Hire them for a consultation on the subject,
write a fat check. I'd start there.

Ron

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home