PDA

View Full Version : Campy Derailleur on Shimano clamp?

basjan
August 20th 03, 12:51 PM
Hi - can I run a Campy front derailleur on a Shimano seat tube clamp (made
for derailleurs)? 2002 Record FD on a 35mm Shimano FD clamp...

Thanks!

Qui si parla Campagnolo
August 20th 03, 01:10 PM
basjan-<< Hi - can I run a Campy front derailleur on a Shimano seat tube clamp
(made
for derailleurs)? 2002 Record FD on a 35mm Shimano FD clamp. >><BR><BR>

Yes, w/o problem-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Paul Kopit
August 20th 03, 02:43 PM
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:51:04 -0400, "basjan" > wrote:

>Hi - can I run a Campy front derailleur on a Shimano seat tube clamp (made
>for derailleurs)? 2002 Record FD on a 35mm Shimano FD clamp...
>
>Thanks!

Works fine with Chorus derailleur and should work fine with the
Record.

A Muzi
August 21st 03, 06:11 AM
"basjan" > wrote in message
> Hi - can I run a Campy front derailleur on a Shimano seat tube clamp (made
> for derailleurs)? 2002 Record FD on a 35mm Shimano FD clamp...

There is a lip at the top of the Shimano adapter in the way. It files out
easily. The SRAM adapter doesn't have the lip.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Craig
August 27th 03, 10:47 PM
"basjan" > wrote in message
> Hi - can I run a Campy front derailleur on a Shimano seat tube clamp (made
> for derailleurs)? 2002 Record FD on a 35mm Shimano FD clamp...

I use a 2002 Veloce FD on a 35 mm Shimano FD clamp and it works fine for me.
No modifications to either component.

Craig.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home