PDA

View Full Version : Who's copying who???

Bean Long
May 9th 07, 08:04 AM
http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com

This is bizarre!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

rooman[_137_]
May 9th 07, 08:23 AM
Bean Long Wrote:
> 'http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au'
> (http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/)
> 'http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com' (http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com/)
>
> This is bizarre!
>
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying
lol

some enterprising web page developer has a successful hook for bike
clubs

--
rooman

EuanB[_58_]
May 9th 07, 09:05 AM
Bean Long Wrote:
> http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
> http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com
>
> This is bizarre!
>
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying
I'm no expert but that looks like to me an out of the box deployment of
Plone or similar. Perhaps Bleve can give an opinion (his website runs
Plone).

--
EuanB

Simon[_2_]
May 9th 07, 09:31 AM
Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.

Donga
May 9th 07, 09:50 AM
On May 9, 5:23 pm, rooman <rooman.2qb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Bean Long Wrote:> 'http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au'
> > (http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/)
> > 'http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com'(http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com/)
>
> > This is bizarre!
>
> > --
> > Bean
>
> > Remove "yourfinger" before replying
>
> lol
>
> some enterprising web page developer has a successful hook for bike
> clubs
>
> --
> rooman

It resembles MTBDirt and RoadGrime in Qld - forums that are commercial
ventures by the webmaster. As you say ...

Nice to see Cairns Cycling Club going from strength to strength - I
had a great time riding with them for a couple of years - very active
racing program - and the coffee stop has hopefully improved. If you
ever get the chance to go to Cairns for the May long weekend, have a
hit out in the Tour of the Tableland.

Donga

Aeek
May 9th 07, 11:08 AM
On 9 May 2007 01:31:00 -0700, Simon > wrote:

>Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
>champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
>out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.

http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&IntCatId=3
is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?

Andre

me[_3_]
May 9th 07, 11:28 AM
http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com

This is bizarre!

Nah, just a very similar CMS or template/skin. For example, not so
long ago, virtually every second Wordpress blog looked as if it was a
variation on the tried & true Kubrick theme. Anyway, things have
progressed since then, thank goodness for open source & all those
fantastic WP developers out there!

petulance
May 9th 07, 01:23 PM
On May 9, 5:04 pm, Bean Long > wrote:
> http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.auhttp://www.cairnscyclingclub.com
>
> This is bizarre!

well, this club obviously didn't copy anyone ...

http://www.randwickbotanycc.com/News.htm

Bleve
May 9th 07, 02:06 PM
On May 9, 6:05 pm, EuanB >
wrote:
> Bean Long Wrote:>http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
> >http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com
>
> > This is bizarre!
>
> > --
> > Bean
>
> > Remove "yourfinger" before replying
>
> I'm no expert but that looks like to me an out of the box deployment of
> Plone or similar. Perhaps Bleve can give an opinion (his website runs
> Plone).

They're using the same CMS, but it's not Plone. Plone leaves a trail
through the source that's easy to find (view source ...). But that's
some other CMS, and they've both done minor tweaks to the skin of the
CMS. It's written in ASP so it's some microsloth thing.

Bean Long
May 10th 07, 12:38 AM
Aeek wrote:
> On 9 May 2007 01:31:00 -0700, Simon > wrote:
>
>> Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
>> champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
>> out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.
>
> http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&IntCatId=3
> is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
> not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?

With bells on!

Actually no bell but I'll be there!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Bean Long
May 10th 07, 12:47 AM
Simon wrote:
> Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
> champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
> out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.

No wrong guesses please!

--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Simon[_2_]
May 10th 07, 02:19 AM
On May 9, 8:08 pm, Aeek > wrote:
> http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&Int...
> is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
> not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?
>
> Andre

Updated now. Perhaps if race details were released more than three
days in advance....

No one seems to know how the Vets/CA thing will work on the weekend,
but it's nice to see some cooperation. It might be a case of the two
organisations having riders racing the same course at the same time,
but they are not actually racing together - that's not allowed. On the
topic, we have got special permission from CA to run a once-off race
with the ACT Vets sometime this year. Should be good if it happens,
plus it will all be above board. Perhaps Aeek, you could muster some
interest from the Vets' ranks?

>See if you can pick out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.

I would guess the good looking one in the green jersey.

Bean Long
May 10th 07, 03:55 AM
Simon wrote:

>> See if you can pick out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.
>
> I would guess the good looking one in the green jersey.

Surely that's Lyndsey?! :-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Jock
May 11th 07, 01:28 PM
"Aeek" > wrote in message
> On 9 May 2007 01:31:00 -0700, Simon > wrote:
> http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&IntCatId=3
> is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
> not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?
>
> Andre

what's the story with the Tharwa bridge? I know it was under some work
scaffolding last year but is the road actually closed to traffic?? I go
that way down to Adaminaby...
Thanks,
Jock

Aeek
May 11th 07, 01:49 PM
On Fri, 11 May 2007 12:28:25 GMT, "Jock"
> wrote:

>what's the story with the Tharwa bridge? I know it was under some work
>scaffolding last year but is the road actually closed to traffic?? I go
>that way down to Adaminaby...
>Thanks,
>Jock

It was temporarily repaired but the cement trucks and buses broke it.
Their selfishness means everyone has to go the long way round.
Its even closed to foot traffic!

Jock
May 11th 07, 02:42 PM
"Aeek" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 May 2007 12:28:25 GMT, "Jock"
> > wrote:
>
>>what's the story with the Tharwa bridge? I know it was under some work
>>scaffolding last year but is the road actually closed to traffic?? I go
>>that way down to Adaminaby...
>>Thanks,
>>Jock
>
> It was temporarily repaired but the cement trucks and buses broke it.
> Their selfishness means everyone has to go the long way round.
> Its even closed to foot traffic!

ahhh bugger! Is there a time frame on it reopening at all? I don't know
how the trucks fitted across it - it was damned squeezy in the car last time
we were there. The long way? Is that Cooma etc then?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home