PDA

View Full Version : Pedro's Road Rage Bicycle Lube

OzCableguy
May 10th 07, 05:08 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Pedros-Road-Rage-Bicycle-4-Ounce/dp/B000IZCR94

Ok I give up. WFT is it?

--
www.ozcableguy.com
www.oztechnologies.com

Simon[_2_]
May 10th 07, 05:16 AM
I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
ever used.

Bean Long
May 10th 07, 05:21 AM
OzCableguy wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/Pedros-Road-Rage-Bicycle-4-Ounce/dp/B000IZCR94
>
> Ok I give up. WFT is it?

It's what it says it is! PBK sell what seems to be the entire Pedro's
range:

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=T9020

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

OzCableguy
May 10th 07, 05:37 AM
"Bean Long" > wrote in message
>> Ok I give up. WFT is it?
>>
> It's what it says it is! PBK sell what seems to be the entire Pedro's
> range:
>
> http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=T9020

But does it reduce or induce aggro by the cyclist or towards the cyclist?

--
www.ozcableguy.com
www.oztechnologies.com

DeF
May 10th 07, 06:17 AM
Simon wrote:
> I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
> used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
> generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
> gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
> lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
> ever used.

An exact account of my experience with Ice Wax. Don't bother with
it. I found myself putting it on every ride only to have noisy
clatter return after about an hour.

I now use Le Tour lube that I got from Branford Bike (the store that
burnt down but is now back in business I think). It's great stuff
and silenced my aging Veloce drive-train a treat. I put some on
every couple of weeks (about 300 to 500kms).

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Bean Long
May 10th 07, 06:20 AM
Simon wrote:
> I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
> used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
> generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
> gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
> lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
> ever used.

Maybe road rage is what you get after using Pedro's products?!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Donga
May 10th 07, 06:35 AM
On May 10, 3:20 pm, Bean Long > wrote:
> Simon wrote:
> > I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
> > used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
> > generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
> > gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
> > lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
> > ever used.
>
> Maybe road rage is what you get after using Pedro's products?!
>
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

I wonder if their pumps are any good? I've been thinking of picking
one up from Torpedo7, based on their advert material - but if it's all
hot air I'd love to know.

Donga

SomeGuy[_46_]
May 10th 07, 06:35 AM
Bean Long Wrote:
> It's what it says it is! PBK sell what seems to be the entire Pedro's
> range:

Not -quite- the whole range. Unlike chainreaction cycles they don't
stock pedro's lip balm (in three different flavours). No I'm not
kidding.

--
SomeGuy

Resound[_2_]
May 10th 07, 10:08 AM
"OzCableguy" > wrote in message
> http://www.amazon.com/Pedros-Road-Rage-Bicycle-4-Ounce/dp/B000IZCR94
>
> Ok I give up. WFT is it?
>
> --
> www.ozcableguy.com
> www.oztechnologies.com

It makes it that much easier to insert the frame pump when some twonk cuts
you off.

beerwolf[_2_]
May 10th 07, 10:30 AM
"Resound" > wrote in
:

> "OzCableguy" > wrote in message
>> http://www.amazon.com/Pedros-Road-Rage-Bicycle-4-Ounce/dp/B000IZCR94
>>
>> Ok I give up. WFT is it?
>>
>> --
>> www.ozcableguy.com
>> www.oztechnologies.com
>>

> It makes it that much easier to insert the frame pump when some twonk
> cuts you off.

Why would anyone want it to be easy?

--
beerwolf

Adam F[_3_]
May 10th 07, 12:09 PM
Donga wrote:
> On May 10, 3:20 pm, Bean Long > wrote:
>> Simon wrote:
>>> I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
>>> used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
>>> generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
>>> gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
>>> lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
>>> ever used.
>> Maybe road rage is what you get after using Pedro's products?!
>>
>> --
>> Bean
>>
>> Remove "yourfinger" before replying
>
> I wonder if their pumps are any good? I've been thinking of picking
> one up from Torpedo7, based on their advert material - but if it's all
> hot air I'd love to know.
>
> Donga

The tyre levers work fine ;)

--
//Adam F

John Pitts[_2_]
May 10th 07, 01:16 PM
On 2007-05-10, SomeGuy > wrote:

> Bean Long Wrote:
>> It's what it says it is! PBK sell what seems to be the entire Pedro's
>> range:
>
> Not -quite- the whole range. Unlike chainreaction cycles they don't
> stock pedro's lip balm (in three different flavours). No I'm not
> kidding.

It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

--
John
His mind is like a steel trap - full of mice. -- Foghorn Leghorn

cfsmtb[_172_]
May 10th 07, 01:36 PM
John Pitts Wrote:

> > Not -quite- the whole range. Unlike chainreaction cycles they don't
> > stock pedro's lip balm (in three different flavours). No I'm not
> > kidding.
>
> It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping![/color]

Why not stick to Coca Cola? It cleans bicycle components AND you could
even drink the stuff. Or you could try pepsi. ;)

--
cfsmtb

John Pitts[_2_]
May 10th 07, 03:50 PM
On 2007-05-10, cfsmtb > wrote:

> John Pitts Wrote:
>>
>> It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!
>
> Why not stick to Coca Cola? It cleans bicycle components AND you could
> even drink the stuff.

Yes, as a drink it makes a wonderful degreaser.

> Or you could try pepsi. ;)

Erk.

--
John
If you wanna end war and stuff, you gotta sing loud! - Arlo Guthrie

Donga
May 10th 07, 09:34 PM
On May 10, 9:09 pm, Adam F > wrote:

> The tyre levers work fine ;)
>
> --
> //Adam F- Hide quoted text -

Unlike the 'Continental' ones I bought cheaply in my last PBK order -
they seem to be made of cheese, the way they bend.

Donga

Bean Long
May 10th 07, 11:56 PM
Donga wrote:

> Unlike the 'Continental' ones I bought cheaply in my last PBK order -
> they seem to be made of cheese, the way they bend.

Yeah... I got a set of those. The little lip at the end of one now
bends the OTHER way. I only carry them now in case my other ones break.
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Donga
May 11th 07, 12:03 AM
On May 11, 8:56 am, Bean Long > wrote:
> Donga wrote:
> > Unlike the 'Continental' ones I bought cheaply in my last PBK order -
> > they seem to be made of cheese, the way they bend.
>
> Yeah... I got a set of those. The little lip at the end of one now
> bends the OTHER way. I only carry them now in case my other ones break.
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Hmmm, psychological effect only. Might as well bin them.

Donga

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home